You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dinoteeth

Ranked MM Unfair

45 comments in this topic

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

Hi. I have been playing ranked for awhile now with my Zao and Yamato. I went through the first ten ranks with my Prinz Eugen like butter, but once i reached rank 10 it started to get impossible for me to get any more stars without losing them all the very next game. I think the MM is being unfair on ranked because i would get 2 or 3 kills, and my team will still lose! Some of my teammates wont even shoot before they get destroyed! also, sometimes I would get in a match, and the enemy team would have killed all of us without my team getting a single kill because the enemy had much more skilled players than me and my teammates. I think the MM needs to pair up teams with equal skill instead of pros vs newbies. I also think that all the ranks should be irrevocable so that way you don't lose your days worth of progress you worked very hard to achieve. If you guys are having the same issue please leave a reply, and your suggestions. thank you! :)

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,461 posts
3,211 battles

Feel your pain

Edited by JSFWRX85

[SPF]
Members
94 posts
9,368 battles

The problem with ranked is that it allows *potentially*  inexperienced players into the brutal world of T10 battles *hint*. These players will be stuck at 'irrevocable' Rank 10 without giving them the chance to fall back and get the necessary experience.

Its always easy to blame the team.

• Cool 2

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,035 battles

How about giving one team One or Two Radar CA's and the other team gets Zero....

This happened to me 3 outta 10 matches today in tier 8 Ranked.

Cannot have one team with Radar and the other without especially when they have dd's without hydro....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

I agree. Each team should have equal radar to even it out. this is one reason why my entire team dies, and none of us get kills. I also think they should even out the teams based upon how much dmg they did over the past 100 battles.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles

I find that mm is quite fair to me. 7/6 chance that the enemy team is worse than mine. The better you play, the more you can do to make up for your teams shortfalls. 

I'm going to be blunt and honest to you. You are going to find that the opposite is true for you. You will have 7/6 chance to be on the worse team as you are inexperienced and play below average. You are now in the rank 10 bracket that is full of super unicums right now. If you can't pull at least your weight, you will not progress very far. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,035 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I find that mm is quite fair to me. 7/6 chance that the enemy team is worse than mine. The better you play, the more you can do to make up for your teams shortfalls. 

How about when you have an AFK 4 outta 10 matches too....

That was my day today...

I won't be backed to Ranked until it gets ironed out...

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

I can get about 2 or 3 whole kills in my yamato on ranked, and my team still loses. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles
2 minutes ago, dinoteeth said:

I can get about 2 or 3 whole kills in my yamato on ranked, and my team still loses. 

Ranked isn't necessarily about kills and damage, it's about doing the correct kills and damage. You'll notice that some dds will have great win rates and low damage compar d to others. They are focusing dds and getting dds spotted for their team to kill. The enemy team that loses their destroyers early usually lose. 

Those dds are typically helping their team a lot more than a dd that gets 100k damage on enemy battleships. 

I don't play bb often in ranked, I'm not a great bb player. There is a fine line between being too close and too far. 

It comes down to, if you are above average, if you play enough games, you will rank out, if you are below average, chances of ranking out are slim

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

I don't have very many AFK players, they are just really dumb. like this enemy shima came up to 2 of my friendly bbs. the bbs totally ignored the shima, and both of them died! they didn't even turn or slow down!

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

Yes. usually our dds die first because of unfair radar setup. we have 2 hindens while enemy has 2 Dm with radar

[ARGSY]
Members
1,280 posts
8,925 battles

Oh sweet! A radar thread AND a match maker thread all rolled into one!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles

MM IS unfair not only in ranked.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles
24 minutes ago, dinoteeth said:

You are killing less than 1 ship every 2 matches in tier 10 and you are getting less damage than your ships available hp in both ships that you are using. It isn't your teams that are letting you down, you are letting you teams down. If you are giving up more hp than you are  inflicting, you aren't going to win more than lose, plain and simple,and that isn't taking into consideration what kind of damage you are doing. 

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

The biggest challenge in season 9 in ranked is that you can lose your ranks after rank 10 except 1. This makes ranked not even fun, and a reall pain to do

Edited by dinoteeth

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

That was when i was using my ZAO. After i switched to my yamato i am doing much better

[MIA-A]
Members
2,095 posts
6,729 battles

It is worth pointing out your winrates in both this season of ranked and your overall winrates are within 0.05% of each other.

In my experience they are closely related.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,931 battles
1 hour ago, dinoteeth said:

Hi. I have been playing ranked for awhile now with my Zao and Yamato. I went through the first ten ranks with my Prinz Eugen like butter, but once i reached rank 10 it started to get impossible for me to get any more stars without losing them all the very next game. I think the MM is being unfair on ranked because i would get 2 or 3 kills, and my team will still lose! Some of my teammates wont even shoot before they get destroyed! also, sometimes I would get in a match, and the enemy team would have killed all of us without my team getting a single kill because the enemy had much more skilled players than me and my teammates. I think the MM needs to pair up teams with equal skill instead of pros vs newbies. I also think that all the ranks should be irrevocable so that way you don't lose your days worth of progress you worked very hard to achieve. If you guys are having the same issue please leave a reply, and your suggestions. thank you! :)

It’s likely called Kids getting out of School. Not entirely sure why Wargaming seems to insist on Ranked Seasons being when everyone of out of school because it creates so much salt. It would be easier to do these seasons when school is in session because then you can play mid day if you are more serious or evening if you are not. It would effectively divide up the player base a little better. At the moment it’s all mixed into one chaotic mess. Last season once school went back into session part way through the Ranked season I went upwards far more easily.

Some of my ships have been doing 60%+ WR, now that has been sliding.

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

looking at my win rate on my yamato. 3 victories 12 defeats! lol xD     sounds fair...

Members
3,468 posts
6,156 battles

You have nothing in your post proving MM is doing anything to you, nothing, nada, zilch.  There is no way to define 'skill' that anyone has been able to work who want 'skill' based MM - including this thread.  Start by defining 'skill' with the data available...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

If MM is unfair, then it should advantage your team as often as it disadvantages it.

Remember, the only consistent factor here is you. You say that you did fine at T8, but T10 is a bit tough. It may be that you're not quite comfortable with T10. I just got my Montana. It's pretty similar to the Iowa and Missouri, which I'm very comfortable with, but I'm still adjusting. Also, by design, you will go to your skill level. It may be that you're not ready for the higher ranks. Whatever it is, it's not MM ruining your season.

Also, wins come in streaks. Some days you're untouchable, some days you can't win no matter how hard the enemy tries to lose. If you're on a losing streak, stop for the day. This is even more true in ranked. There's a good chance if you lose, and immediately hit Battle, you'll end up with some of the same people, with the same result likely.

And finally, some times luck just says nope. I've played 6-7 Ranked games so far (been a little busy). I've been top of the team every single game (literally, number 1). Have only won 2 games. Haven't lost a star yet (don't worry I will), but it's really frustrating to play well and have the team camping behind islands uselessly.

[GILLS]
Members
24 posts
2,991 battles

Just played a battle with my yamato. 3 ca started shooting at me, and i burned to death because my dds rushed in way too fast and got killed by DM radar. so they where unable to spot for me so i could kill them. this is 1 fact that mm is giving me such bad players against very good ones.