Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

My replay thread for Z-52 games for Season 9 Ranked Battles.

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,749 posts
9,938 battles

Replay

This occurred in the 10 to 5 bracket, had just dropped back into it.  The game is a pretty good lesson in how dangerous Z-52 if you can get out of the islands.  The thing to note about this replay is not only did I deal damage, and blunt any attempts at the enemy pushing out of A, I was able to get 115k spotting damage at the same time.  That is a sign of good positioning.  Its my spotting and positioning that I am most proud of this game.

shot-18_05.03_15_51.40-0493.thumb.jpg.0e6bf7381acb5ad6697db0a8cc3fd34f.jpgshot-18_05.03_15_51.32-0963.thumb.jpg.f528d51d46c9be5ee579e41f19da7e89.jpgshot-18_05.03_15_51.28-0745.thumb.jpg.79e1eb775a7a5d362a733351a630efc3.jpg

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,063 posts
9,406 battles

yeah good stuff...I can buy my z52, need to do that pronto!

[THOR]
Members
91 posts
3,372 battles

Thanks for the replay. I am trying to learn this ship. Keep posting them. I get aggressive trying to kill other dd in caps not always works. If you get one in random in caps with dd's I would appreciate it. I see you use manual in targeting with torps. You look really good doing that.

Members
1,749 posts
9,938 battles

Here's an example of turning the West flank on North. 

Replay

A few things to note. 

The team giving up the free cap sucked.  It wasnt the end of the world though.  I do think it made our BB too aggressive on the weak flank and he left himself exposed and got farmed.  Guys, if you dont have spotting on a flank either play very safe, or go with the rest of the team.  Bow on tanking is a death sentence, and if you cant see the enemy you are losing HP for nothing.

My build does not have RPF so tracking down the Shimakaze could have been a pain if he went deep.  I think that would have been his best play, as where he was, while he had ships near none could help him in his moment of need.  Spotting and harassing our cap and BBs would have made this game much harder.  I kept watching for torps, but never saw any so I eventually started my push.

I purposely only fire my front guns at the Monty.  CatOnBoard is an amazing player who can smash people smoked up at range let alone up close.  I was trying to deny a good center shot that could kill me.  Luck smiled on me.  Just a reminder for DD players not used to shooting AP at stuff.  ANY DD can do crazy damage to broadside bows and sterns of CAs and BBs.  In this case the Monty's stern is unsaturated and I quickly finish him.

My final actions.  My intent was to just step on the edge of the enemy's cap and take it.  I tried to tell our BB to back off as there is another DD still out there, and he would be in a bad spot if he had to use his DCP.  Our BB keeps pushing for whatever reason.  Rather than let him die I push too.  My smoke was intended to be more of torp bait to give the DD a juicy target to torp, and not just our BB.  My hunch was right, the Zed had came back to defend cap, so I did the best I could to trade him.  It wasnt pretty but the trade worked better than losing a BB with little chance of a trade.  I would have rather just capped and waited to ambush the Zed.

shot-18.05.03_18.24.35-0069.jpg

shot-18.05.03_18.24.39-0411.jpg

shot-18.05.03_18.24.45-0781.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
1,749 posts
9,938 battles

Brawling in C Cap on Hotspot

This was a very intense game where I change positions to throw off the enemy and create new damage opportunities for myself and or my team mates while doing my damnedest to stay alive.  Rank 4-3 battle for those curious.

Pretty typical Zed game positioning wise for this map and cap.  Dig into the cap, tie up a ton of resources to try to root you out, and kill anything you can.  The enemy DDs made several misplays making my job easier, but I over extend at one point, spotting the Hindenburg on the 9-10 line and almost pay for it when the Minotaur radars me.  I do believe I needed to spot him as he was farming my team from stealth.  I thought he was further out than he was though.  I should have only exposed the front half of my ship and stayed much tighter to the island. 

Fighting the Yue Yang, I think I needed to get my third gun into the action more.  I dont think any one else could have shot at me if I was a little more off the island so my rear gun could clear.

I make my last stand hemmed in by the Hindenburg on the 9/10 and a radar Minotaur and Yamato in proxy range on the other side of my island. 

I hope this helps people understand how there are so many good options to work from inside C cap these days.  Its my favorite place to knife people.

shot-18.05.04_23.46.27-0753.jpg

shot-18.05.04_23.46.32-0999.jpg

shot-18.05.04_23.46.40-0729.jpg

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Sign in to follow this