You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Favorite car you ever owned?

83 comments in this topic

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles

Mine was my 1997 Camry. She had the six cylinder (most were 4) and the smaller frame before they made em a bit bigger a couple of years later. She hauled azz with that six banger and I could punch the throttle at 70mph and she would kick you in the butt.  Great car.  Got very good mileage even with the six in her.  Over 30 mpg at 55 on the highway.  Got wreaked (not my fault) when she had 180,000 miles on her and I had never had put a dime in her cept for tires and brakes and a couple of minor things. Loved that car. Handled great. Wish I STILL had her. Yours?

Edited by dmckay

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,462 battles

1980 Chevy  Camaro Rally Sport, dark blue over light metallic blue. Bought it brand new in 1980. 305 V8, put headers, Edelbrock manifold, Holley carb, Cragars....it was an awesome car. 

152834BL.JPG

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

1997 Jeep Wrangler.  It was my first brand new car, I ordered it as soon as the new '97 body style was introduced, and I had to wait 6 months for it to come in (I wasn't the only one to place an order as soon as the changes were announced...).  So much fun.  I went to Camp Jeep in it one year, did some light off-roading, but running around town in the summer with the top and doors off was so cool.  During the winter I never was able to get it stuck.

aevVcli.jpg

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
13 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

1980 Chevy  Camaro Rally Sport, dark blue over light metallic blue. Bought it brand new in 1980. 305 V8, put headers, Edelbrock manifold, Holley carb, Cragars....it was an awesome car. 

152834BL.JPG

Remember them well.  Cool! Chick magnet....heh.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,037 battles

My first and favorite car was in 1970 during my Navy days I purchased a 1967 442 Oldsmobile  

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
Just now, KURT_WOLFF said:

My first and favorite car was in 1970 during my Navy days I purchased a 1967 442 Oldsmobile  

Great old Detroit iron! 

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Brand new Mazda RX7 (1st Gen) in 1982 was the one.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
623 posts
22,302 battles

My first car was a 1968 AMX with a 390 engine and big rear gear! Fast to 120! (But alas it was an AMX from Amercan motors!)

Triumph TR6 or my WS6 TA Trans Am. 

Maybe the 2005 GTO (Opel from Aussie land with a Corvette engine!  An engine to die for!)

(and too many more that I wish I still had )

My "toy" cars never saw rain and had very few miles as I always had Company cars for transportation.

This now satisfies my need for speed ( even though it's not the fastest bike it's quick enough for an old fart )

IMG_20130820_125737_475.jpg

Edited by fbrrhd
added

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles

My two most favorite cars were 1)1967 Mercury Monterey 2 door Fastback. Mine had the 270 HP 390 ci, mine was green with a black vinyl roof. Highway mileage 19.

1968-mercury-monterey-comet-2-door-fastb

2)1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal. It had the Rocket 455, only 225 HP but loads of torque more than made up for that. Mine was this color green but with a light green vinyl roof. Highway mileage around 18.

1971_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_sedan.jpg

Those MPG's may seem horrid but that was actually pretty good back then. A mid sized car with a big six might pull down 21 or so on the highway. An economy car with a four or a small six about 25 on the highway but you wouldn't want to make a long trip in one.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
Just now, fbrrhd said:

IMG_20130820_125737_475.jpg

Nice but that is not a car.

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Nice but that is not a car.

No but I bet it goes good.:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
12 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

1997 Jeep Wrangler.  It was my first brand new car, I ordered it as soon as the new '97 body style was introduced, and I had to wait 6 months for it to come in (I wasn't the only one to place an order as soon as the changes were announced...).  So much fun.  I went to Camp Jeep in it one year, did some light off-roading, but running around town in the summer with the top and doors off was so cool.  During the winter I never was able to get it stuck.

aevVcli.jpg

Very cool looking.

[WOLFB]
Members
623 posts
22,302 battles

The second post was a fat finger and I can't figure out how to delete?

( I know it's not a car, but it should have been an addendum to my post above.....sorry if a Bike offends)

I am a car guy ! I love fast cars! And I've managed to drive most of them as we had "comparision" vehicles as engineering "needs".  

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

No but I bet it goes good.:Smile_teethhappy:

I am sure it does. The riding season is so short up here and with my bad back and arthritic knees bikes are pretty much out but I will keep my motorcycle endorsement until I stop driving.

[WOLFB]
Members
623 posts
22,302 battles

This isn't mine but that's what the first car I owned looked like (with Red Leather Interior )

I might add I never had a "super Chicken" on the hood of any of my Trans Ams!!

1968_AMC_AMX_go-package_white_NJ.jpg

Edited by fbrrhd

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I always had old junk piles in my younger days, so my favourite car was actually one I bought late last year.  It was a 2017 Cadillac ATS.  I was never really interested in Cadillac in the past, but it came up while browsing reviews and I liked what I read.  I took it for a test drive and fell in love.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bit of a lemon and I had to trade it in last week :Smile_sad:

Edited by AspiringCodger

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I am sure it does. The riding season is so short up here and with my bad back and arthritic knees bikes are pretty much out but I will keep my motorcycle endorsement until I stop driving.

My knees are bad also. I had a Triumph in 1967 when I was just outta high school. Not for long.  Dumped it and decided I just was not biker material.  Told The Hells Angels I was a no-go for joining their club :Smile_Default:.  Scared the crap outta me and I was lucky. Just scrapes and bruises. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, fbrrhd said:

The second post was a fat finger and I can't figure out how to delete?

( I know it's not a car, but it should have been an addendum to my post above.....sorry if a Bike offends)

I am a car guy ! I love fast cars! And I've managed to drive most of them as we had "comparision" vehicles as engineering "needs".  

Just ribbing a bit, I like bikes but it has been many years since I have had one. My last one was a Suzuki GS 850 GL. I took off the buckhorn bars and put the lower & wider G bars, much more comfortable and the bike felt a lot lighter.

gs850-gl.jpg

A mod can delete the double but it is just as easy to simply blank the post out and put Double Post there.

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

I always had old junk piles in my younger days, so my favourite car was actually one I bought late last year.  It was a 2017 Cadillac ATS.  I was never really interested in Cadillac in the past, but it came up while browsing reviews and I liked what I read.  I took it for a test drive and fell in love.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bit of a lemon and I had to trade it in last week :Smile_sad:

Well too bad but a lotta Cadillacs are lemons.  My neighbor bought one cause he always wanted one but he got rid of it in a year cause it was always in the shop.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
46 posts
2,651 battles

Easy, my 1st car.

A 1972 Mercury Comet with the 302ci V-8. Quick out of the hole and topped out at 120mph

comet.jpg

Edited by hairoids
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

My knees are bad also. I had a Triumph in 1967 when I was just outta high school. Not for long.  Dumped it and decided I just was not biker material.  Told The Hells Angels I was a no-go for joining their club :Smile_Default:.  Scared the crap outta me and I was lucky. Just scrapes and bruises. 

If I got a bike now it would be something like a Honda Goldwing.

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
1 minute ago, hairoids said:

Easy, my 1st car. A 1972 mercury comet with a stock 302 ci

comet.jpg

Nice.  Buddy had one. 

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

If I got a bike now it would be something like a Honda Goldwing.

Tricycle for me now!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Tricycle for me now!

f7537000-361f-4a18-84fd-c09391f3cee8_1.6

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1