You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

MM & New premiums Ships

58 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Ok this is for all your opinions and and is completely open to any ideas put forward, but this statement made by another on the forums below is how some people think, do you share the same thoughts?

"Largely because the MM has a proven' mechanism to stack teams in your favour when you have a new premium." - quote from another thread

So do you consider this above statement correct in some form, that WG might actually do this?

Edited by CriMiNaL__
people do not read entire post and make assumptions
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[-S-R-]
Members
325 posts
7,323 battles

Hats for sale!

Hats for sale!

$10 for a tin foil hat!

Hats for sale!

• Funny 1

[-THOR]
Members
624 posts
3,258 battles

didn't happen with my perth lol

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles

Well there is a patent on it if one bothers to look. There is also a site that goes more in depth on a lot of things such as this. Ask yourself this why did the California office close? Why is Wargaming introducing new currencies (steel and coal)? why does Wargaming own part of the Hellenic bank in Cyprus,Greece? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles

If the "proven mechanism" can be actually proven, sure. Till then I will have me one of them hats

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles
3 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

why does Wargaming own part of the Hellenic bank in Cyprus,Greece? 

Pretty easy to answer, it's mostly for tax reasons since Cyprus has very low taxation. Secondly, Cyprus is a part of the European Union, so it gives the company easier access to Europe. You could say that after the Ukraine embargo, Cyprus is one of the doors used by Russian businesses to get a foothold in the market.

• Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,066 battles

WG can't even get the random MatchMaker working properly - if they tried something like this you would probably get a general server crash. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,301 posts
9,881 battles

Don't know for sure but I have a 100% WR in my Anshan at the moment (4 games). Seems I started off real well in the De Grasse a while back. I would think I would get even better over time, but of course my WR falls back to average eventually. All anecdotal, but curious.

As a counter point. I may have won my first couple of Texas battles but had huge losing streaks after that. MM didn't love me for long.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
16 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Well there is a patent on it if one bothers to look.

If one bothers to read and understand it, one would see that while a new premium could easily be given better tiering, (and maybe they do that) the patent doesn't mention anything about favouring one team over another.

There is also a site that goes more in depth on a lot of things such as this. Ask yourself this why did the California office close? Why is Wargaming introducing new currencies (steel and coal)? why does Wargaming own part of the Hellenic bank in Cyprus,Greece? 

Something something money.

Who cares? Maybe Victor Kislyi is really Jimmy Hoffa, having undergone extensive facial reconstruction and Hitler-style rejuvenation treatments, after a period of cryogenic sleep, all funded by the Illuminati.

More impotantly, I'm undecided as to what I want for dinner tonight....

Also, what makes you think Cyprus is part of Greece?

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
26 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Maybe Victor Kislyi is really Jimmy Hoffa, having undergone extensive facial reconstruction and Hitler-style rejuvenation treatments, after a period of cryogenic sleep, all funded by the Illuminati.

Be careful or you might "fall" out of a window soon... :Smile_trollface:

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
2 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Be careful or you might "fall" out of a window soon... :Smile_trollface:

That, or find myself poisoned lol.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That, or find myself poisoned lol.

putin.jpg.e81bb804759a627240a87f28e1fa5d96.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
58 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Ask yourself this why did the California office close?

Smart enough not to live over a major continental fault line?

Why is Wargaming introducing new currencies (steel and coal)?

Variety?

Smart investments?

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,186 battles

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if this were the case. Almost every premium that I’ve purchased comes out of the gate quick, then slows down after a day or two.

Edited by SkaerKrow

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Well there is a patent on it if one bothers to look. There is also a site that goes more in depth on a lot of things such as this. Ask yourself this why did the California office close? Why is Wargaming introducing new currencies (steel and coal)? why does Wargaming own part of the Hellenic bank in Cyprus,Greece? 

Yes and also why is WG building a Deathstar? 

• Boring 1

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles

I have several premiums and I have yet to see anything of the kind.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,230 battles

I remember i buy the danm warspite for ranked t6.

I remember very well the ship only give me trash teans...

i remember i try sell the danm ship but the wg dont let me...

Oh well so many desires for good teans with a premium ships. If was true i would buy more premiuns... but its not true at all.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if this were the case. Almost every premium that I’ve purchased comes out of the gate quick, then slows down after a day or two.

So did my Fiji (in relative terms). This proves nothing.

In random games it is even harder to twist things; there are no bots they can order to go easy on you.

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

Not really MM related, but I remember when I bought the Ishizuchi.  Her maiden voyage and the first salvo I took (probably the first salvo fired that match in general) I detonated.  If WG wanted me to "feel good" about my freshly spent money they would probably throw me a bone or something. 

If WG wanted me to feel good about a T5 premium they'd throw me exclusively into T5 games instead of T7 games because there's not much fun being a T5 against T7s.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

LOL, I lost my first 13 games in the Hood. Someone forgot to turn on my MM boost! :Smile_teethhappy:

People will believe pretty much anything (case in point, the thousands of "True Religions" we have come up with). 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
7 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Ask yourself this why did the California office close?

Tax reasons.  California has abhorrently high tax rates for companies.

Tax reasons.  Cyprus has low corporate tax rates and lots of perks for businesses, including being in the EU.

Why is Wargaming introducing new currencies (steel and coal)?

To keep you on the treadmill.  Want that super shiny, super-rare ship?  Play more.  Paying customers need someone to shoot at and if they can bait people that don't want to pay to play more, then that ticks that box.

Well there is a patent on it if one bothers to look.

Last I checked, they have over a half dozen (or was it a dozen) patents on different Matchmaking algorithms.  Like any software firm, they use their patents to make money -- patent infringement allows them to go after rival companies or slow the development of their own matchmaking algorithms for fear of litigation if it proves similar to any of Wargaming's designs.

7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Largely because the MM has a proven1 mechanism to stack teams in your favour when you have a new premium

1. Citation Missing.
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles

LWM already answered you. But I have another, 

1a6.jpg

I'm sure you will enjoy looking for it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,592 posts
25,732 battles
7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Largely because the MM has a proven mechanism to stack teams in your favour when you have a new premium

So do you consider this above statement correct in some form, that WG might actually do this?

I have numerous premiums. Never noticed this. It strikes me as too complicated and theoretically impossible. Remember the Tirpocalypse with 12v12 Tirps? (those were the days). How could MM choose which new Tirp player to favor?

MM doesn't favor players. It isn't rigged by WR% or premiums. Why on earth would WG complicate things that way when anyone could collect 00s of matches of a monitoring program and spot any issues easily?