You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Opening the gates of hell at low tier...

16 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,302 battles

...last night I saw the thing most players at these tiers ought to be really concerned about. A division of THREE St Louis-class cruisers. They had their focus-fire act sorted out very nicely, thank you. Holy moley, talk about OP! Put them within range of each other and I think they'd give the new Worcester a run for its money. 

The only cure for this thing seems to be to have enough battleships around to take them out or thin them down at long range to the point where they become manageable. But in the meantime they're going to light a LOT of fires, and the concentrated damage is just going to wash all over smaller ships. Damn, I have never evaporated from full health to nothing so quickly outside of massive Okt Rev/Nikolai alpha strikes or detonations.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Sounds like WoT.  There used to be this little American low tier TD that the seal clubbers would take out in platoons all the time.  WG eventually converted into a tier 1 SPG -- much to the horror of all the clubbers.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,402 battles

Any wakatake player worth his salt would've had a field day with that div. :) 

You should fear the triple bogatyr div more :)   

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
947 posts
5,108 battles
8 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Sounds like WoT.  There used to be this little American low tier TD that the seal clubbers would take out in platoons all the time.  WG eventually converted into a tier 1 SPG -- much to the horror of all the clubbers.

image.png.bdd3622c982e6df3540271fb84206d48.png

This one??

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
4 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

image.png.bdd3622c982e6df3540271fb84206d48.png

This one??

lol -- yup.  the dreaded T18 troll machine

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,012 posts
7,530 battles
34 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

I smacked a team around with Boggie last night to make myself feel better. It was quite satisfying.

[WOLF2]
Members
898 posts
7,314 battles

Need to revisit St. Louis and Bogatyr again.   Been many thousands of games since I moved past.    They were sold and long-gone from the port.   Maybe buy and play again?

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

The T18 had near impenetrable front armor for its tier and an amazing gun with good side to side movement for a TD. I miss the old version of it. Good times.

t18.jpg.857196b9e6f47541723395f0b3df92c8.jpg

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles
7 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I smacked a team around with Boggie last night to make myself feel better. It was quite satisfying.

Now 3 of those?????????????????????:Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,066 posts
9,406 battles

Believe it or not, I smacked two St. Louis around with the vaunted Varyag last night, first trip out in it, 31k damage...not sure why everyone hating on this ship, speed was a decent 24knots, 6 guns, though hard to get all on target, decent maneuver....armor was okay.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,725 posts
9,112 battles
48 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

For as slow as they are the St Louis is amazingly hard to torpedo. The Boatyr is a beast but it is much more a glass cannon than the St Louis which is extremely are to penetrate with cruiser guns.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,494 posts
2,439 battles
13 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Need to revisit St. Louis and Bogatyr again.   Been many thousands of games since I moved past.    They were sold and long-gone from the port.   Maybe buy and play again?

Igor will always be in my port.  FXP'd past Bogie, which may have been a mistake.  Kolberg is a good clubber, too.  In a 2-div I've had some memorable dances with BBs.

Edited by iDuckman

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...last night I saw the thing most players at these tiers ought to be really concerned about. A division of THREE St Louis-class cruisers. They had their focus-fire act sorted out very nicely, thank you. Holy moley, talk about OP! Put them within range of each other and I think they'd give the new Worcester a run for its money. 

The only cure for this thing seems to be to have enough battleships around to take them out or thin them down at long range to the point where they become manageable. But in the meantime they're going to light a LOT of fires, and the concentrated damage is just going to wash all over smaller ships. Damn, I have never evaporated from full health to nothing so quickly outside of massive Okt Rev/Nikolai alpha strikes or detonations.

ahh the triple spammer div....I think I saw that same div a few weeks ago.

St Louis, atlanta, minotaur....soon to be the worcester.

Although the best I saw was a double atlanta along with a HE spammer, they were horrible.

Kinda rough for the lower tier though.

[WOLF2]
Members
165 posts
11,000 battles
21 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

I kept both of them and still play them a bit when I want a break from high tier games.  They’re both a blast, especially Bog with AFT and the 130s.

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,079 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

:cap_haloween:That Was Me Doing The Seal Clubbing in WOT'S...

We used to use the Tier 3  T18 lmbo!!!! 

Oh Yeah it was fun!!!!!!!

Edited by Spartacus1968