Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
immaguy12410

Will and if when will Roma be available for purchanse again?

15 comments in this topic

[ENDB]
Members
3 posts
756 battles

I was a bit late to the party and have though about buying a premium, the Littorio class is my favorite battleship class and I'd like to know if the Roma will ever be available and if so, when do y'all think it will be?

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,709 battles

Give it time it will be back in the shop.  They bring them back around, to refresh what is in the shop.  Fun ship too.

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,071 battles

She a good Battleship and sharp looking 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, immaguy12410 said:

when do y'all think it will be?

As soon as WoW needs more of your cash; a pretty regular situation.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,638 battles

When you're credit card is maxed out...

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Very good looking ship. Too bad she's sh*t.

As for when ... not sure, but generally WG sells their premiums back like two or three times per year.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
2 hours ago, immaguy12410 said:

I was a bit late to the party and have though about buying a premium, the Littorio class is my favorite battleship class and I'd like to know if the Roma will ever be available and if so, when do y'all think it will be?

If she come around again buy her immediately. Some people say she is a bad ship. I LOVE her, at T-8 she is one of my favorite ships to play. Plus she is a work of art, the Italians build beautiful warships.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

Just be sure you understand what you're getting with Roma.  I make her work but there's cases where she's very unforgiving and can be annoying with her guns at times.  When she "sings" she'll sing an opera for you.  When you don't treat her right, you're a$$ is seeing the "Exit to Port" button real quick.

Members
2,415 posts
7,727 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

If she come around again buy her immediately. Some people say she is a bad ship. I LOVE her, at T-8 she is one of my favorite ships to play. Plus she is a work of art, the Italians build beautiful warships.

Roma isnt a bad ship, but she is very unforgiven. If you know how to angle and position yourself, Roma is one of the most tank BBs in the game. But if dont know, than its one of the least tank BBs in the game. Thats probably the reason why so many players dont like her, Roma has a high skill floor, its not a noob friendly ship.

When played to her strenghts, Roma is a amazing ship. And f***ing beautiful  too.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,433 posts
9,572 battles

Nearly everything becomes available during shipmas.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Roma is *situationally* good. Basically, she needs to use her concealment to get as close as possible to her targets ... without being spotted by DDs and planes. She also needs excellent positioning to make sure that no enemy ships have line of fire to her sides. Even moderately angled, she takes an absurd amount of damage from AP shells. As in way way too much. I've even seen videos of 127mm destroyer guns citadeling her which should never ever happen, so I suspect there's something wrong with her armor model. That being said, she does have good protection against HE shelling.

Her guns are a double edged sword. On one hand, they are by far the highest velocity guns in the game. Whoever you shoot at simply has no time to dodge. Unfortunately, those guns are also spray and pray and are in fact the least accurate battleships shells in the game. The have a huge horizontal AND vertical dispersion. So while your targets can't really dodge those shells, odds as they will rarely have to. Another problem with those shells is that they very easily overpen cruisers due to their sheer mass and velocity. You have to make sure to aim *below* the waterline so that the water can slow down the shells a bit before they hit the citadel. That being said, these shells have zero problems mangling battleships. Again. as long as they actually hit the target.

Her AA is garbage. It's basically like Yamato's in that it is very short ranged. Also, while her torpedo belt is pretty decent, AP dive bombers can one shot this ship like they can a Bismarck ... her deck armor is not strong enough to block those shells from nailing her citadel.

So in the end, you have a ship who's pros (concealment, turret traverse, shell velocity) get baaaadly outweighed by her cons (absurdly easy to hit citadel, very bad AA, very bad deck protection, exceptionally poor dispersion, overpens everything but other battleships). So if you're ace at positioning and map awareness, you can do reasonably well as long as there are no CVs or aggressive competent DDs on the enemy team keeping you spotted.

One fix would be to simply have her citadel be similar to the one on Cesase ... still high above the water, but much more receded from the exteriour hull. Roma's citadel is nearly flush against it which means that even angled, she can get crushed easily as there's no layers of armor to slow down those shells. Again, I can't stress enough how EASY it is to hurt this ship if she shows even a tiny bit of side. Whenever I'm playing a battleship and I see a moderately broadside Roma within range, I send my shells her way because it's just so damn easy to damage farm that ship.

So yeah ... do you feel that you as a player have enough experience and map awareness to make it work as well as the patience of a god when it comes to dealing with her dispersion? If so, go nuts. If not, I strongly recommend spending your money on any number of other much easier to work with Tier 8 premium battleships available in the shop. Alabama, Tirpitz, and Kii are all solid performers.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

She's not overpowered - especially now that GZ's can just eat them in one bite - so she will definitely be back.

[ENDB]
Members
3 posts
756 battles

So if it does, when do y'all think  it'll be out? Thanks for the replies btw.

Sign in to follow this