Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

Weekly Submarine Click Bait Thread

29 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles

So looking forward to the day that subs get into the game. Steel Ocean showed a possible way that WG could do it. I think it will take War Thunder to do it first to wake WG up to the idea again. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,432 posts
3,875 battles

I found a tier 10 sub hidden in the game files.

Spoiler

meatiest-sandwich-1.jpg

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Funny 3

Members
710 posts
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Reveal hidden contents

meatiest-sandwich-1.jpg

that's at lest 12 tiers not including baguette

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Reveal hidden contents

meatiest-sandwich-1.jpg

Tier 10 subs are Delicious!

[HINON]
Members
1,491 posts
14,639 battles

pGqr51d.gif

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

So looking forward to the day that subs get into the game. Steel Ocean showed a possible way that WG could do it. I think it will take War Thunder to do it first to wake WG up to the idea again. 

I agree with you 100%

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles

Then go play Steel Ocean, or wait for War Thunder to get them, because the devs have repeatedly stated no subs will be in this game.

10 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I agree with you 100%

And take this guy with you.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Then go play Steel Ocean, or wait for War Thunder to get them, because the devs have repeatedly stated no subs will be in this game.

What they say  and  what they do is like  (night)  and  (day) Two different things 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles

Keep drinking Heavily too until the Subs show up one day to your surprise 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
2 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

What they say  and  what they do is like  (night)  and  (day) Two different things 

And yet, since the game was released, no subs ... do you get extra credit for every set of parentheses you use? Do periods cost you money?

You can wait until you're blue in the face, until the cows come home, or until the sun rises in the west; there will be no subs in this game.

[WOLF5]
Members
276 posts
5,215 battles

I want submarines in this game, I think they are historically important and fun to play in a game.

• Cool 1

360 posts
194 battles

Something I learned today is that there is a difference between Deluxe and Double Meat when ordering a sub. Deluxe is actually 50% more meat, whereas Double Meat is 100%. All this time I thought I was getting 2x my tasty B.M.T. goodness when ordering a Deluxe, but alas, that was not the case.

Members
2,500 posts
5,485 battles

If WOW can remedy the CV interface I don't see why not that WOW cannot make a interface for Submarines as well. Okay..I know..its the dynamics of which the SUB would not be of much help in the team win.  But you gotta admit it would probably add some variety ya think?    Maybe not the biggest XP go getter but the game play would probably not as intense...or will it be..maybe too intense a you hunker own and the depth charges are raining down on you..your zig zagging..but do you now zag then zip ?  The DD's and the CA want you now and their hydro is close to being times out to another cool down....You wish for that as you can hear the 'Pings" then all of a sudden theirs silence....Oh yeah...do you dare up your periscope and take a peek  or just go on ?   Temptations...   On any Sub you should hear engine noise as in propeller rotations..as a proximity not a pin point direction ....UNLESS the ship above shut their engine  OFF ???? Crap..a waiting game of sorts... But hey we only have MAX 20 minutes here what do we do?   Go for it..raise periscope..turn it sweep 360 and theres THAT Enemy SHIP...take heading reading. estimate speed.  Plot a course for torpedo run.  You only have two fish to launch.  get in position and its TORPEDO LOS!   You can imagine the outcome and finish the story....

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

They already have subs in the game Japanese DD's.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,459 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Excalibur !!  Such a flawed, yet memorable film.  Boorman was the first to use O Fortuna in a movie, I believe.

BTW, his two daughters appear in the clips.  Guess which ones (no, not Helen Mirren).

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
5 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

Something I learned today is that there is a difference between Deluxe and Double Meat when ordering a sub. Deluxe is actually 50% more meat, whereas Double Meat is 100%. All this time I thought I was getting 2x my tasty B.M.T. goodness when ordering a Deluxe, but alas, that was not the case.

To quote R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket.....I think you have been cheated!!!!!!

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

They already have subs in the game Japanese DD's.

True, but how much fun would it be to have both.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
32 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Steel Ocean is OK, (a rip off of World of tanks on the water) but I think WG could take that and do it better. As far as War Thunder yeah maybe we will see. 

As far as what WG wants. Well they did want subs but could not make the game play fun. The famous Cheiftan quote in full context does show that. There has never been a never subs in the game there was just not going to be any at release for the reasons already mentioned. That was in a world before Steel Ocean.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Well they did want subs but could not make the game play fun.

They have never wanted subs, which is why the game was designed the way it is.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

They have never wanted subs, which is why the game was designed the way it is.

Not true. They did try them. They failed to make them work well in the context of the rest of the game. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Not true. They did try them. They failed to make them work well in the context of the rest of the game. 

I'm from Missouri; show me (replay or it never happened!)

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,544 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I'm from Missouri; show me (replay or it never happened!)

To the best of my knowledge they never got past game design. As the Chieftans says back in 2014: "There really wasn't any way of implementing it... We're not ignoring the historical reality behind it, it doesn't work in the game. There will be no submarines."

They could not figure out a way to work them in so they did not do it. Does not mean that if they figured out a way to work them they would not do it. I think they want to, and I think they would.

In my opinion the Steel Ocean models showed the way to do it. 

The War Thunder approach is much more ambitious and I doubt WG would commit the resources to try it. Could be wrong though WG has surprised me before.

The Arty rework in WOT was a big change, As will be the CV change. Heck I even had a lengthy exchange with Chieftan about getting the Sheridan in WOT as a tier 10 lite way before there were any tier 10 lites. He said no way was too new and because of the missile. Well fast forward and here we are the Sheridan is the tier 10 lite just with out a missile. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,849 posts
4,737 battles

GANDALF SAX!

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this