You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Current Win Rate Asashio 53.37% Kagero 49.95%

133 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Image result for jackie chan what

Really?11??!?

Average damage Asashio 60563 vs Kagero 30537 

Image result for jackie chan what

Asashio has twice the K/D ratio, almost exact, than Kagero.

So what really kills the Kagero it seems is that the 10 km torp puts the Kagero into the MM bracket's cruiser detection range and Kagero just dies way earlier.

Also, it seems that Asashio's flank wide and find a BB to torp guarantees a good damage farm even in unfavorable games. Kagero's hits everything torpedo is a detriment because it encourages the player to "waste" salvos on targets that are harder to hit.

This is unexpected result, but people will probably figure out Asashio's a one trick pony later on and the performance will probably suffer. Never under estimate the damage feeding ability of potato BBs.

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I better buy it today then.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
706 posts

an influx of Asashio owners and players in other ships not use to countering them, and BB's not paying attention to what ships are on the other team and sailing in a straight line for too long

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

Kagero's Torp Detection is higher than the Asashio's maybe?

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles

Nah all it is is that Asahio is new premium and has MM working in its favour so people will see its higher wr and damage and expect it to be OP DD.... I have noticed it in ranked almost every other team I have won before rank 10 had an Asashio ( they contributed very little to the win) but my team rolled over enemy team without even breaking a sweat

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,964 battles

It will all balance out once rank is over and you will have people that can spot for the BBs.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

But then you get the Asashio player who swings wide forget caps, chases BB around the back of their spawn hit nothing all the while 2 caps that need capping are open for the DD but he is trying to land one torp, we had that earlier in a game

• Cool 2

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,047 battles

4-9-2018.png.cff28785e0552ff3fbfda8a62e3b3d08.pngI would like to add that I light up to the Asashio's first every time when I'm in my Kag....

How can this be? My Detect is the same 5.4k, yet my lighted warning comes up way before I spot the enemy Asashio every time. This enables him to usually hit me hard with the 1st salvo every time...

Getting Very Tired of this. 

Edited by Spartacus1968

[HYDRO]
Members
1,559 posts
3,751 battles

Torpedo detection and no choice between Torpedo Reload and Smoke. Also, how many are the Kagero battles and how many the Asashio ones?  At the moment on NA, there are 3.735 battles in the Asashio, versus 984.928 ones for Kagero. If you can find weekly evidence of Kagero vs Asashio  performance then sure. Until then there is no point at all comparing a ship with another that has 263 times more battles.

Edited by warheart1992

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
19 minutes ago, Spartacus1968 said:

4-9-2018.png.cff28785e0552ff3fbfda8a62e3b3d08.pngI would like to add that I light up to the Asashio's first every time when I'm in my Kag....

How can this be? My Detect is the same 5.4k, yet my lighted warning comes up way before I spot the enemy Asashio every time. This enables him to usually hit me hard with the 1st salvo every time...

You do know there is a delay between the time you spot and it renders? So your warning probably shows up a few seconds before he actually sees you in game. Looking at the minimap tells you when you spot him. 

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You do know there is a delay between the time you spot and it renders? So your warning probably shows up a few seconds before he actually sees you in game. Looking at the minimap tells you when you spot him. 

Yes, I do know that. The shot are raining down when he finally lights up to me....

Explain that?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,402 posts
3,875 battles

Much ado about nothing.

Every single premium ever released has exhibited very high performance for the first 2-3 weeks of its release.

Largely because the MM has a proven mechanism to stack teams in your favor when you have a new premium. It's a very transparent manipulation tactic. The purpose is to build a mental connection between doing well and purchasing content, so you'll buy more things.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
Just now, Spartacus1968 said:

Yes, I do know that. The shot are raining down when he finally lights up to me....

Explain that?

You were spotted by someone else. They have the same concealment. If you are running camo, CE, and mod then you are spotted at the same time. 

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,047 battles

I thought they fixed the issue with lighting up on the mini before visually in the game?

They are supposed to be simultanious now?

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
27 minutes ago, Spartacus1968 said:

If you take the 16km torp, rather the 20 km torp option, I found out that the maximum torp range where you get at least 2 hits guaranteed is around  9-10 km. Spread of 8 fish on a narrow spread ahead and behind the BB will do it. Wait 30 seconds and repeat. The you have flood damage stacking up.

The other tactic is to close where the BB Spawn points are at the beginning of the match  and fire a salvo of 8 fish on a narrow front.  Reload using speed boost, wait 30 seconds and fire another spread where you suspect the BB path is. 

And each fish does 20k max damage. It all adds up.

Edit:

OP's Current Win Rate 53.37%  Damage  60563

*looks at own W/R*  76.92%  Damage  59606

Now that is a better puzzle. What am I doing right? I more of a CA player truth be told.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

Members
706 posts
23 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

But then you get the Asashio player who swings wide forget caps, chases BB around the back of their spawn hit nothing all the while 2 caps that need capping are open for the DD but he is trying to land one torp, we had that earlier in a game

Asashio strictly speaking is NOT a ship for capping, its designed to hunt BB's and CV's and too do some spotting of CL/CA, as it doesn't have the turret train speed or firing rate to deal with most other DD's that maybe in or near a cap, nor dose it have torps that can deal with DD and CL/CA.

[SIM]
Members
2,527 posts
4,182 battles
40 minutes ago, b101uk said:

an influx of Asashio owners and players in other ships not use to countering them, and BB's not paying attention to what ships are on the other team and sailing in a straight line for too long

Sailing in a straight line versus zig-zagging doesn’t make much difference against Asashio. Unless you completely change your bearing (or bring your ship to a stop at just the right time) those long range torpedoes have a good chance of putting at least one fish into a maneuvering target.

And of course Asashio is doing better than Kagero. She’s better at doing what IJN DDs are good at, while removing the temptation/opportunity to play her “wrong.” Yes, she’s limited. So are most IJN DDs.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
5 minutes ago, b101uk said:

Asashio strictly speaking is NOT a ship for capping, its designed to hunt BB's and CV's and too do some spotting of CL/CA, as it doesn't have the turret train speed or firing rate to deal with most other DD's that maybe in or near a cap, nor dose it have torps that can deal with DD and CL/CA.

What you have said there about capping is false, what your saying for those who have no clue how to play IJN DD that is how you play it

• Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,020 battles

Asashio is a ship which is really not that good at winning games. If it was, the win rate would be even higher considering the population sample effects. Look at where ships like the Cesare, Be;fast and Kamikazes ended up. 

What it is really good at is getting random torpedo hits for easy, low value damage. If the enemy team has competent DDs it will suffer badly, especially in domination and epicenter games. 

It is basically a troll boat meant to mess up any kind of BB aggression while being fodder for competent Benson, Loyang or Akizuki captains.

• Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,020 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

What you have said there about capping is false, what your saying for those who have no clue how to play IJN DD that is how you play it

It can contest caps, but it does not have the torpedo deterrent needed to act as an area-denial platform. Unless you have a radar cruiser supporting you even a Kagero can push you out, let alone a Benson, Loyang, Z-23 or Akizuki. You can passive spot with your concealment edge (in some cases), but they can just smoke up and not worry about a torpedo volley. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,402 posts
3,875 battles
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

No, Asashio literally is the worst ship for cap contesting. Even the Russians are better suited to it.

IJN destroyers can contest caps because they can joust with their torpedoes or kite with their rear-focused gun batteries.

Asashio cannot torpedo joust another destroyer. And kiting requires you to be faster than the opponent. Asashio isn't that, either, except for Akizuki who will shred an Asashio anyway.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Bad 1

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,324 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

No, Asashio literally is the worst ship for cap contesting. Even the Russians are better suited to it.

Finding an Asashio in a Russian DD like Kiev is like Christmas.  Free kill.  

Members
904 posts
4,255 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

IJN destroyers can contest caps because they can joust with their torpedoes or kite with their rear-focused gun batteries.

Asashio cannot torpedo joust another destroyer. And kiting requires you to be faster than the opponent. Asashio isn't that, either, except for Akizuki who will shred an Asashio anyway.

I actually disagree, with 5.4 km concealment asashio is probably 3rd best at contesting among ijn dds, all you need to do is spot enemy dd and when time is right start shooting, guns are quite good for kiting and asashio actually sits lower in water than kagero so less surface area to hit.

So far, I killed more dds than bbs in asashio, cause everyone thinks you are easy target.

Edited by Vaitmana
  • Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
5 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

What it is really good at is getting random torpedo hits for easy, low value damage. If the enemy team has aggressive and competent DDs it will suffer badly, especially in domination and epicenter games. 

It is basically a troll boat meant to mess up any kind of BB aggression while being fodder for aggressive and competent Benson, Loyang or Akizuki captains.

FTFY

Eh for epicenter, it's a better tactic to scout where the BB's are huddling and torp them. That normally flushes hem out in to the open. The fact that an Asashio is in torp range makes the BB's run and shriek for backup.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

From an Asashio love thread, 

You see they capped, defended the cap , even got citadels

people do not understand it's the player quality that determines how well a ship is played, not just the ship itself

On 30/04/2018 at 10:14 AM, PrairiePlayer said:

Question for all you Asashio players, do you go for caps early in a match (like normal IJN DDs), or come back and pick up caps after everyone leaves.

Either? Both? It's all very situational.

And back on topic for this thread! I love this little thing so far...

unknown.png?width=1149&height=676

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1391&height=676

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1222&height=677

unknown.png

• Boring 2