You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

[SYKO]
Members
4 posts
5,580 battles

This I think is going to be an ongoing problem. Context, I was in battle with my scharn shooting and minding my own business. I come out of zoom to look around and there is this wonderful DD (which these days there are Billions of them) heading towards my port side. I honk the damn horn as much as allowed (thanks WG) but to no avail he runs into me. So I assume he is off of me (because he is a little ship) and I continue with trying to engage the enemy which has set me on fire yet again. But to my wonderful surprise said retarded a$$ DD was still next to me and he ate some of my shells. Now I am Pink, no fault of my own because the idiot in the little destroyer can't pay attention and move his little ship. sorry a little ranty; but I can't be the only one with this problem. I have over 5 thousand battles never once pink until this new system. Is there anyone else who has had this problem?

Edited by Lazysteel

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
5 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

This I think is going to be an ongoing problem. Context, I was in battle with my scharn shooting and minding my own business. I come out of zoom to look around and there is this wonderful DD (which these days there are Billions of them) heading towards my port side. I honk the damn horn as much as allowed (thanks WG) but to no avail he runs into me. So I assume he is off of me (because he is a little ship) and I continue with trying to engage the enemy which has set me on fire yet again. But to my wonderful surprise said retarded a$$ DD was still next to me and he ate some of my shells. Now I am Pink, no fault of my own because the idiot in the little destroyer can't pay attention and move his little ship. sorry a little ranty; but I can't be the only one with this problem. I have over 5 thousand battles never once pink until this new system. Is there anyone else who has had this problem?

Honking a horn in a game won't do much. It is on you to look at your map to see where your allies are. It is also up to you to check what is around you when you shoot. All you gotta do is right-click, I do it all the time.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
6 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

Yes. I kinda figure that it is sometimes accidental, but equally figure it is a way for the 'offending' ship to get btwn you and a kill. 

[TDD]
Members
903 posts
7,942 battles

All i will say is never assume the other person will act responsibly. DD may have been an idiot but then you assumed he would act responsibly. You were wrong in that assumption and now you are pink. You should have moved, and you should have looked to make sure you were clear.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,020 posts
3,512 battles

Never assume. It sucks when dealing with idiot teammates, but you were just as big of an idiot, when you didn't check to make sure the ship was out of the clear. The Pink, therefore, is entirely your fault, even if you weren't the one who put the friendly ship in the current position.

I also don't think it is this new system that caused you to go pink. You had a bad day, that's all. Deal with the punishment, and get on with your life. You're not orange, so you aren't restricted.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
20 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

10 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Never assume. It sucks when dealing with idiot teammates, but you were just as big of an idiot, when you didn't check to make sure the ship was out of the clear. The Pink, therefore, is entirely your fault, even if you weren't the one who put the friendly ship in the current position.

I also don't think it is this new system that caused you to go pink. You had a bad day, that's all. Deal with the punishment, and get on with your life. You're not orange, so you aren't restricted.

13 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Honking a horn in a game won't do much. It is on you to look at your map to see where your allies are. It is also up to you to check what is around you when you shoot. All you gotta do is right-click, I do it all the time.

OP, the other posters are right. I got pink the other night a because of ONE torpedo, it missed the target but other three hit and hit a Teammate, I said I was sorry took the pink and worked it off.

Did I like it NO, but it was my fault. And I have had the same thing happen to me were a ship runs into me, as I fired - my fault for not using the HUD. I have learned now to keep an eye on the HUD Map, which is very hard for me and my vision issues (got to love old age).

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
27 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

So I assume

27 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

no fault of my own

:cap_hmm:

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Frustrating, sure. But I question through no fault of your own. Pink is easy to wear off, so don't sweat it, unless you find yourself in these situations regularly. At which point, some protective behavior changes should be looked into.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
33 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

Sorry, but it was your fault for not making sure he was clear before going back into binocular view. You made a mistake, own it and press on.

[SYN]
Members
4,541 posts
11,437 battles
30 minutes ago, Lazysteel said:

Nearly everyone with enough matches has been pink at least once, accidentally or otherwise.  I've been pink twice since I first started, both by my own inattention.

The thing about damaging teammates enough that you change colors for it, especially when it involves torpedo armed ships, is that you are generally responsible for it.  That you changed colors means that you already damage teammates on a fairly consistent basis or severely enough in the first place.  A single, one-off event by itself like what you describe would not see you get penalized, unless you kept firing into that destroyer repeatedly.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,034 posts

They give you a minimap.

Have a look before you LMB.

You too can be pink free.

Members
1 post
100 battles

salut je li e je trouve sa ridicule de voir vos réponse c est pas de ta faute mais tu est coupable pareil c est super merci   

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
8,079 battles

Literally happened to me today, friendly DD ate a couple of my rounds from the Arizona.  I did 2K damage and immediately turned pink; then 3 more games of it.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

You know i killed an enemy yammy earlier but had 2 stray torps go way past him and before they managed to run out a GK on our team popped out and promptly ate them, like a fat kid finding a doughnut.  Yes It turned me pink, said sorry, to him, he said he knew it wasn't intentional and all good, (yeh secretly it was, I knew he would be there 11.9 km away for my 12 km torps)

So yeh pink again, and what did I do, (no I didn't run to the forums and post about how unfair it was)

I kept playing as normal in randoms, as a pinky, I did however tell the next 3 teams my pink status was not from being afk, so they were warned.

So the morale of the story is, no one cares if your pink, or how it happens, just keep playing, its not the end of the world, accidents happen, or they don't.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,020 posts
3,512 battles
53 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

OP, the other posters are right. I got pink the other night a because of ONE torpedo, it missed the target but other three hit and hit a Teammate, I said I was sorry took the pink and worked it off.

Torpedoes are the worst offenders of team killing. Thankfully my offenses with Tking, is far and few between, that pink status doesn't mean anything for me. When it starts becoming frequent enough that I turn orange, and thus restricted to co-op (under new penalty system), that's when I'll have to start looking more closely at my wrong doing... which may end up causing me to activate replays just so I can see where it is I went wrong. But until then, Pink is easy to erase, even without going into co-op.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles

This kind of thing will continue to happen until friendly fire is turned off.

Which will, according to some, completely destroy the game. Despite, you know, not doing that in the game modes where friendly fire has already been turned off.

I just want allied battleships to no longer be able to TK me for not capping all 3 points within the first 30 seconds of the match.

Edited by KiyoSenkan