You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MorbidGamer

WG fix AFK players...

34 comments in this topic

Members
2,122 posts

This is really getting old. Seriously...

ppYKRST.jpg

Cost me my win...

iGbcejo.jpg

Either put some handy cap in (like slower tick rate) or put harsher punishment.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Wargaming just needs to fix the game code and / or the server. Having multiple Disconnected players in a battle makes it highly unlikely for it to be player issue since what are the odds that several players at once go AFK? Odds are far more likely for it to be a Wargaming issue...

• Cool 1

Members
2,122 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Wargaming just needs to fix the game code and / or the server. Having multiple Disconnected players in a battle makes it highly unlikely for it to be player issue since what are the odds that several players at once go AFK? Odds are far more likely for it to be a Wargaming issue...

Doubt it since these 2 BB's didn't even die till 15 mins into the game. I rarely ever DC and if I do it's usually my ISP playing around with the lines.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,866 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Agreed and seconded.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Be honest. You just wanted an excuse to post that awesome Atago game, right? :cap_like:

Members
2,122 posts
2 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Be honest. You just wanted an excuse to post that awesome Atago game, right? :cap_like:

20% yes, 20% other and 60% rage. I even got a neg karma too. Gotta love this game.

Edited by MorbidGamer

Members
82 posts
54 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

This is really getting old. Seriously...

Cost me my win...

Either put some handy cap in (like slower tick rate) or put harsher punishment.

How many times have you ever seen anyone rage in the game or complain in the forums about AFK players on the other team?

People don't complain or demands 'solutions' for AFK when it impedes the gameplay and satisfaction of the dozen members of the other team; it is strangely only an outrage when it happens to their team.  People suddenly forget about good, challenging battles and are only interested in win statistics.

Imagine that AFK went away - totally.  People would not win any more games overall because formerly AFK players would help both sides win their respective games.  The only net result for most players would be not having the excuse of AFK players to rage about when they lose games.

• Cool 3

[-XI-]
Members
18 posts
7,047 battles

I played Ranked today and Had 4 matches out of 10 with an afk player...

Worse than that is 3 times out of 10 my team did not have a Radar Equip CA and the enemy team did!!!

I will not return to Ranked until something is done...

4-9-2018.png.931b28d802b2dde23dc17381c061e259.png

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,548 battles
42 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

20% yes, 20% other and 60% rage. I even got a neg karma too. Gotta love this game.

Your comment points out two problems WG needs to fix:  afks and the Karma system.  

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

No such thing as a end-user issue, it's just the server :Smile_child:

Spoiler

I don't get disconnected issues except when people unplug my router

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Do you mean fix, as in neuter them?

The one thing I do see is the MM is good

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles

they dont put a punish for afk players go to co-op only?

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Negative XP per match if you're afk past 5 minutes would cause a huge reduction in the problem IMO.

• Cool 1

Members
1,866 posts

The flip side of "don't deserve to be pink" is this. We demanded consequences for AFK, and we got them. You can win with one AFK. With 2, not likely.

Members
2,122 posts
2 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The flip side of "don't deserve to be pink" is this. We demanded consequences for AFK, and we got them. You can win with one AFK. With 2, not likely.

Might as well had that NC as AFK too... I killed the IJN DD right at the start of the game. Dude must have did 1,000 damage and died. So really, technically there were 3 AFK.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

How many times have you ever seen anyone rage in the game or complain in the forums about AFK players on the other team?

Never rage, but on several occasions I mentioned in open chat that the only reason they lost was the AFK.

Members
2,122 posts
2 hours ago, Spartacus1968 said:

I played Ranked today and Had 4 matches out of 10 with an afk player...

Worse than that is 3 times out of 10 my team did not have a Radar Equip CA and the enemy team did!!!

I will not return to Ranked until something is done...

4-9-2018.png.931b28d802b2dde23dc17381c061e259.png

Oh, I know the feeling... I deal with lemmings all the time, radar stacking, +2 and salty/back seat drivers.

Game wears me thin... Reduced how much I play. For awhile I was only playing 3 or so days a week... I'm back to 7 ish... But only 3 or 4 games a day.

Sad thing is, this game seems to be getting worse with age not better. You would think the player base would be more skilled... NOPE, worse. You would think WG would do something about other issues... Nope, still the same.

• Cool 1

Members
82 posts
25 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Never rage, but on several occasions I mentioned in open chat that the only reason they lost was the AFK.

While short of a complaint, even your public acknowledgement is rare that a win resulted from another team's AFK.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
27 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

While short of a complaint, even your public acknowledgement is rare that a win resulted from another team's AFK.

I like to think i am very fair in almost everything. I try hard at it.

I get pissed when my kids soccer team intentionally fouls. I applaud any solid shot, goal, or tactic. I never felt any enemy in real life was some "evil manifest", i recognize that the US does things equally "evil".

Even more so in a game. When both sides equally match each other, i recognize that afk players would have likely made the difference. And i do usually report an afk, on either side, if they died late in match with no movement from spawn. Careful to wait til end of match to make reports, i have seen the player come to life 10 mins in, and turn the tide.

I dont get why other people cant check their ego, and see things objectively more often.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,325 posts
1 hour ago, MorbidGamer said:

Oh, I know the feeling... I deal with lemmings all the time, radar stacking, +2 and salty/back seat drivers.

Game wears me thin... Reduced how much I play. For awhile I was only playing 3 or so days a week... I'm back to 7 ish... But only 3 or 4 games a day.

Sad thing is, this game seems to be getting worse with age not better. You would think the player base would be more skilled... NOPE, worse. You would think WG would do something about other issues... Nope, still the same.

One word.

Steam Players.

Members
3,469 posts
6,165 battles

At any time for any online game people will be disconnected no matter how well the code is written.  Way to many variables for WG to try and code around that are complete unknowns...  That said - it literally is just a game and since WG can't possibly know why anyone is AFK - no more 'punishment' than what we already have.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
8 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

Doubt it since these 2 BB's didn't even die till 15 mins into the game. I rarely ever DC and if I do it's usually my ISP playing around with the lines.

That is the funny thing about servers is they do not have to be 100% functional or 100% down, they can be any percentage inbetween and if your data just happens to be in the still functional part of the server you may not get hit by the DCs

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts
4 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

Might as well had that NC as AFK too... I killed the IJN DD right at the start of the game. Dude must have did 1,000 damage and died. So really, technically there were 3 AFK.

In other words, you just want somebody punished because you lost a match. Too bad, grow up.

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,578 posts
25,668 battles
7 hours ago, Praxz said:

Negative XP per match if you're afk past 5 minutes would cause a huge reduction in the problem IMO.

There's a cost for this. People with potato computers that sometimes AFK will take that into consideration -- "why risk being punished? I'll go play Overwatch, which I know runs stably on this computer." I do that at work where my laptop sucks. 

In the long run that means that WG will experience reduced player numbers.

The best thing to do is simply bot the ship until the player shows up. Have it move and shoot, using the T5 bot shooting AI so people don't AFK on purpose to get better performance, and give the player 0 XP and credits. That way at least the team gets something out of the ship. 

• Cool 2

[ICE9]
Members
814 posts
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The best thing to do is simply bot the ship until the player shows up. Have it move and shoot, using the T5 bot shooting AI so people don't AFK on purpose to get better performance, and give the player 0 XP and credits. That way at least the team gets something out of the ship. 

Interesting idea. The server could easily differentiate legit disconnects (sees no packet traffic) and trigger your zombie bot mode. AFK with a live traffic handshake? No soup for you!