Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How long does it take?

18 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles

How long does it take before Wargaming sends you email offering you gifts in exchange for you coming back to play WOWs again? Heard they do this and thinking about possibly quilting WOWs just for the Summer Vacation since the Battles already are turning into chaos and the occasional crash bug really does not help at all since it allows Wargaming to totally decide the fate of a battle if you happen to be the best player on the team... ( I am used to playing when the kids are forced to be either asleep or at school lol. )

Lol so might actually be more profitable for me to be away from the game for 3-4 months and come back to some Doubloons or something, that to have to suffer through loss of Stats and credits as well as far more minimal XP gains. And thankfully Wargaming has made Ranked easy to quit once you reach Rank 10. So I am considering the options that will help my game progress the most lol.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I imagine it varies. I would be surprised if there was something like x months of inactivity results in offering y premium ship to return. I'd more so think that someone in promotions decides this week we're going to offer a free premium ship to people who haven't played for so many months.

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

I imagine it varies. I would be surprised if there was something like x months of inactivity results in offering y premium ship to return. I'd more so think that someone in promotions decides this week we're going to offer a free premium ship to people who haven't played for so many months.

I remember getting offered the tier IV IJN Premium BB and some premium time around Christmas when I had been forced to be offline for the Fall until I got a new computer that could one again play WOWs on Christmas.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I remember getting offered the tier IV IJN Premium BB and some premium time around Christmas when I had been forced to be offline for the Fall until I got a new computer that could one again play WOWs on Christmas.

An offer like that makes sense to me. Get people back for shipsmas.

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

They only did it that one time at Christmas. So for the future we don't really know.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,017 battles

I don’t think I played but a handful of games between Christmas 2015 and maybe March of 2017. Never was offered anything to come back. I think it depends but I assume it would be at least 3+ months.

[-TKS-]
Members
302 posts
5,967 battles

it was 6 months for me and it got me back in bought some xmas crates and left for 4-5 months .  game kept crashing and always loaded in late  dont think it was really my pc fault but i knew a new one would help minimize the problem . turned out to be true just took a while to get a new pc.

Members
9,975 posts
54 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

How long does it take before Wargaming sends you email offering you gifts in exchange for you coming back to play WOWs again? Heard they do this and thinking about possibly quilting WOWs just for the Summer Vacation since the Battles already are turning into chaos and the occasional crash bug really does not help at all since it allows Wargaming to totally decide the fate of a battle if you happen to be the best player on the team... ( I am used to playing when the kids are forced to be either asleep or at school lol. )

Lol so might actually be more profitable for me to be away from the game for 3-4 months and come back to some Doubloons or something, that to have to suffer through loss of Stats and credits as well as far more minimal XP gains. And thankfully Wargaming has made Ranked easy to quit once you reach Rank 10. So I am considering the options that will help my game progress the most lol.

Would be great if it actually worked....:Smile_teethhappy:

Still have no idea on what criteria drove the gifts.

GXzWpJN.png 

Still a great gift, but once the shiny wore off, it's back to semi-inactive...

• Cool 1

[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,707 battles

I am at three months awol and no offers. Between family  and PUBG the interest has waned for WOWS. I still lurk on the boards to see if anything changes in the game to lure me back but the amount of salt is not enticing.

Edited by cthuhulu
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
693 posts
251 battles

Hopefully in the interest of saving you some time, it varies.  It could be three months, six months, or even a year and sometimes there are only samples taken from those groups chosen randomly.  If you want to play, I encourage you to play versus holding out because there is no telling when these will happen and what you will receive. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
302 posts
5,967 battles
5 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

I am at three months awol and no offers. Between family  and PUBG the interest has waned for WOWS. I still lurk on the boards to see if anything changes in the game to lure me back but the amount of salt is not enticing.

i dont think you can log into the boards either . 

35 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Would be great if it actually worked....:Smile_teethhappy:

Still have no idea on what criteria drove the gifts.

GXzWpJN.png 

Still a great gift, but once the shiny wore off, it's back to semi-inactive...

thats what i got and both great ships imo . been playing them since

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

#1.  If you play regularly, the gains you make in xp from a pure grinding standpoint are going to outweigh whatever bonus WG gives you for being away that long.

#2. Wargaming isn't deciding your fate if you're the best player on the team because although you have been improving, you're still just average at best based on more recent performance and wildly below average if you consider your whole history.

#3. Being concerned about loss of stats based on the performance of others is why you're not an exceptional player after over 4600 battles played.  If you adopted an internal locus of control mindset, you would be well above average by this many games played.

#4. Credits are proof of #2 and #3.  Regardless of whether you win or lose a match, credits are the same. You only get bonus xp when you win.  If you're having credit issues, it's because your individual production (mostly in the form of raw damage) is not where it needs to be.  The most glaring evidence that your damage is too low (besides the average damage at your tier and the % of ship type) is the fact that your survival rate is an abysmal 25%.  You're dying WAY too quickly.  You are either being suicidingly aggressive or not paying attention to the minimap and getting yourself out of position (likely both).  Even if you're in a slow BB, you should rarely ever put yourself in a position where 2 or more ships are shooting you at the same time.  You cannot exchange fire and thus return damage back fast enough under most circumstances and you will find yourself most of the time not being alive during the entire second half of the match.

Being successful in this game is first and foremost about a player's ability to stay in the pocket at all times.  And when I mean in the pocket, I mean that exact equilibrium point between aggression and conservation.  The more a player swings away from that equilibrium, the worse their performance.  Unicum players have a survival rate mostly between 45-55% depending on their play style and the ship types they play most often.  Every 5% points is a MASSIVE difference in performance, and you are basically 25% off, meaning 5 huge times off where you need to be.

If that last sentence is really true, that you are considering options that will help your game progress the most, you will focus on staying in the pocket and the rewards for doing so will be far above and beyond any kind of win back promo from WG.  Like I said, you have been improving steadily, so if you feel you are reaching a plateau at any point, my next suggestion would be to join a better clan with more skilled players so you can learn from them.

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles
36 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Hopefully in the interest of saving you some time, it varies.  It could be three months, six months, or even a year and sometimes there are only samples taken from those groups chosen randomly.  If you want to play, I encourage you to play versus holding out because there is no telling when these will happen and what you will receive. 

Good point and no way am I waiting a year, even for Doubloons lol. 

I may just have to mothball some of my ships that are intended more for support roles and just use the ones that are able to function as a solo force if necessary. And of course not buy any new ships that need to grind out XP for modules since relying on teams to play halfway decent over Summer vacation is too much to hope for.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
335 posts
10,860 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I finally got tired of this mess its just worth my time and energy anymore its sad they way have done this game :( I do not know who or whom they r listening too but they r moving backwards not forward. I come to forums to see if any changes r being made but not another dime from me its simply not worth it!

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
11 hours ago, Radar_X said:

This has been killing me for awhile but are you the same radar_X from planetside 2 or is it just a huge coincidence.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

I spent the end of 2016 and basically all of 2017 away from the game and got the GC and De Grasse like the person above got.  At no point did i get an email saying "come back and we will give you this"  I thought that they were trial ships or something for a while.  If you don't like playing the game anymore, just stop playing.  No gift wargaming gives you is worth the stress and frustration of forcing yourself to do something you don't like.  They are not going to give you expensive stuff.  Its mostly mid tier stuff that costs like 20 bucks.   If you do still enjoy playing, then play the ships you enjoy.

Edit: and with the number of premium ships they have been giving away this year you are probably going to miss out on more than the value of whatever gift you may get anyways.  For example in my case I missed out on Takao, October Revolution (whatever its actual name is), Vampire, Graf Spee and perhaps more that I'm not even aware of.

Edited by mrh308

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,558 battles

I'd love a 'You play a lot email, here is a free premium(s) to keep you playing' email... not holding my breath lol

Sign in to follow this