You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SavageTactical

It’s been a pretty productive week

25 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
9,020 battles

Despite a little tuff luck in randoms, I was able to take advantage of the 200% xp boost this weekend to grind out several ships in scenarios. I was able to grind out Gadja Madha, Hiryu, cut about a third of my grind to KGV, and earned 70k-80k FXP to push me above the 375 for Nelson. Yesterday I was able to pick up the Alsace and also the INFAMOUS IZUMO! Hope everyone else is able to take advantage of the xp boost and discounts this past week.

• Cool 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,673 battles

Nice, those are some very good ships that you picked up.

Me?  There aren't any tech tree ships that I want at the moment so it all goes into the bank.  

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

If I were the speculatin' type, I'd say earning lots of FXP is a good idea at this point.  I'm pretty sure a new ship named for a certain new port will probably be available reasonably soon-ish for loads of it.

-R in the tinfoil hat

1,266 posts
13 battles

Very nice! Hope that you enjoy playing your new ships. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
42 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Nice, those are some very good ships that you picked up.

Me?  There aren't any tech tree ships that I want at the moment so it all goes into the bank.  

Those are good ships?

One can’t hit a quarter of its potential targets with its main weapon.

One is useless unless you are a twitch-reaction God.

Two are complete unknowns which inspire no desire related to being acquired.

One is said to explode faster than a broadsided Russian cruiser, and the last at least is a model of ‘INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER!’

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,721 battles
54 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Despite a little tuff luck in randoms, I was able to take advantage of the 200% xp boost this weekend to grind out several ships in scenarios. I was able to grind out Gadja Madha, Hiryu, cut about a third of my grind to KGV, and earned 70k-80k FXP to push me above the 375 for Nelson. Yesterday I was able to pick up the Alsace and also the INFAMOUS IZUMO! Hope everyone else is able to take advantage of the xp boost and discounts this past week.

Very nice Savage! Congrats! Productive is an understatement...(don’t worry, the Izumo isn’t that bad!)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
35 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Very nice! Hope that you enjoy playing your new ships. 

I have been I really enjoy my new Premium Ships -  Ishizuchi and Varyag, the Varyag has been a lot of fun so far more than I thought it would be. And Ishizuchi is my new favorite T4 BB, yeah @AdmiralThunder I like it better than the Myogi. I even bought back two of my favorite IJN ships - Kongo and Aoba, because of the Ishizuchi. 

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
3 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I have been I really enjoy my new Premium Ships -  Ishizuchi and Varyag, the Varyag has been a lot of fun so far more than I thought it would be. And Ishizuchi is my new favorite T4 BB, yeah @AdmiralThunder I like it better than the Myogi. I even bought back two of my favorite IJN ships - Kongo and Aoba, because of the Ishizuchi. 

I actually never had any interest in Ishizuchi but for $5 I grabbed it. I actually enjoy it although it as it turns out. It kind of reminds me a lot of BRN BB's and how it does better with HE than AP though which isn't something I really care for. WAAAYYYY better than Myogi though.

Kongo was ok but good lord Aoba????:Smile_amazed: You are a strange fellow Chaos if 2 of your favorites are Aoba and Myogi!!! LOL

Man you are easy to please. Just give you 6 guns and you are happy LOL

Hey, have you tried the Yubari? That thing is a blast.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I actually never had any interest in Ishizuchi but for $5 I grabbed it. I actually enjoy it although it as it turns out. It kind of reminds me a lot of BRN BB's and how it does better with HE than AP though which isn't something I really care for. WAAAYYYY better than Myogi though.

Kongo was ok but good lord Aoba????:Smile_amazed: You are a strange fellow Chaos if 2 of your favorites are Aoba and Myogi!!! LOL

Man you are easy to please. Just give you 6 guns and you are happy LOL

Hey, have you tried the Yubari? That thing is a blast.

Yubari, nope I never had the chance to get her. I have seen it, in game but no not used it.

Aoba is (for me) a fun ship, the strange thing is some how I got a perm-camo for it but I do not remember how?

Now the Kongo, that is a ship far as history is up there (for me) with the Graf Spee, just something about her name when I was a kid always stuck in my head.

My favorite still will always be my HSF Graf Spee, as far as the game we just seem to click. And when I feel like a random game, she is the 1st one I turn too. I just cannot explain it, I trust her.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yubari, nope I never had the chance to get her. I have seen it, in game but no not used it.

Aoba is (for me) a fun ship, the strange thing is some how I got a perm-camo for it but I do not remember how?

Now the Kongo, that is a ship far as history is up there (for me) as the Graf Spee, just something about her name when I was a kid always stuck in my head.

My favorite still will always be my HSF Graf Spee, as far as the game we just seem to click. And when I feel like a random game, she is the 1st one I turn too. I just cannot explain it, I trust her.

Yeah, you and your 6 gun ships. Myogi, Aoba, Graf Spee...:Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

I have no clue what possessed me to get the Yubari??? I had just got that crazy and ridiculous anime cat Capt through the event and figured I needed a crazy and ridiculous ship for it. So got the Yubari. Well snatch me bald headed if it didn't turn out to be a fun little thing. Not a DD and not a Cruiser. In between the 2. You would LOVE it as it only has 4 guns LOL.

[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

Last weekend was fun and the extra experience helped a lot.  I was in ranked however playing a limited number of ships so  didn't get the full benefit but it was still appreciated. :)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, you and your 6 gun ships. Myogi, Aoba, Graf Spee...:Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

I have no clue what possessed me to get the Yubari??? I had just got that crazy and ridiculous anime cat Capt through the event and figured I needed a crazy and ridiculous ship for it. So got the Yubari. Well snatch me bald headed if it didn't turn out to be a fun little thing. Not a DD and not a Cruiser. In between the 2. You would LOVE it as it only has 4 guns LOL.

Sounds cool and 6km Torps, was just reading about it on WoWsWiki. My Cat is on the Isokaze, yup I have been using a DD!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
10 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Sounds cool and 6km Torps, was just reading about it on WoWsWiki. My Cat is on the Isokaze, yup I have been using a DD!

I actually did some DD during a recent event where it had a DD part. Think it might have been the Normandie perma camo one but can't remember. All I remember is you needed to do like 14 things, could only complete each part once p/ day, and 1 of them could be done in a DD. So to make it go faster I did the DD stuff. Wasn't pretty. LOL

This is the Yubari. And that single gun turret at the front is actually your secondary gun and also does AA. It isn't actually a main gun. Those are the 2 dual gun turrets mounted high (1 front / 1 rear). The thing really is fun. It is fast, stealthy, and the torps are good for low tier. Just don't get hit broadside by a BB. It is pretty fragile. I avg like 40K and 2 kills a game with it.

kvKSarK.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

This is is the Yubari. And that single gun turret at the front is actually your secondary gun and also does AA. It isn't actually a main gun. Those are the 2 dual gun turrets mounted high (1 front / 1 rear). The thing really is fun. It is fast, stealthy, and the torps are good for low tier. Just don't get hit broadside by a BB. It is pretty fragile.

Yeah I am interested, just got done with LWM review. But I just bought the Ishizuchi, so I will have to wait a bit. The Boss (AKA Wife) would kill be is spent anymore on the "your game" Lol :cap_haloween:that how she says it too. "Your Game!":cap_haloween:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yeah I am interested, just got done with LWM review. But I just bought the Ishizuchi, so I will have to wait a bit. The Boss (AKA Wife) would kill be is spent anymore on the "your game" Lol :cap_haloween:that how she says it too. "Your Game!":cap_haloween:

Its not in the shop right now so you have some time (not sure if it is for sale in tech tree as I already have it so can't tell).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Its not in the shop right now so you have some time (not sure if it is for sale in tech tree as I already have it so can't tell).

Nope it is in the shop now just saw it.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,866 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

G'day chaos, Adm. Thunder. In one of the regular armies I worked in, the radio call Sign for the RSM/CSM was 'Seagull'. We all know what RSM/CSM's can be like! For the wife it was 'Domestic Seagull'. I still figure it to be very fitting.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, Gruntdog_3 said:

For the wife it was 'Domestic Seagull'. I still figure it to be very fitting.

Oh no, my wife is half Native American - She would be an Eagle, I love her with all my heart, but boy when she is angry that Eagle comes out.

Of course me being Scottish/Irish mix it can be fun, she was put up with me for 18yrs. She one of the best people I know - you and AT are included in that group.

Sorry I got this off topic.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Nope it is in the shop now just saw it.

Ah it is under specials vs ships. MY bad.

[TDG]
Members
1,181 posts
5,986 battles

@vonKaiser has several videos on Yūbari.  He really loves that ship.

I have one, but I have not had the chance to run it.  I just got a 10-point IJN cruiser commander, though I suppose I could use my 19-point IJN DD commander in her.

On topic, I acquired Alsace this week.  I pushed hard so I could get the permanent camouflage for her and then I also got the discounted modules.  I unlocked Yūgumo as well.  I just need to accumulate the credits.  I don't think I can get it tonight in time to use the discount.  Unless I am wrong, I will likely be buying Gearing next.  This is another ship I just unlocked.

Finally, I have unlocked the Final Task on the Yamamoto campaign.  I expect I will complete this tonight.

1,266 posts
13 battles
4 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Haven't heard many good reviews about the Varyag but i'm glad you are enjoying her. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
27 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Haven't heard many good reviews about the Varyag but i'm glad you are enjoying her. 

I have given positive feedback on it. Like Chaos I like it a lot. It's a faster and more maneuverable, but lighter armored and gunned, St Louis. Lots of fun. In Co-op anyway.

• Cool 1

1,266 posts
13 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have given positive feedback on it. Like Chaos I like it a lot. It's a faster and more maneuverable, but lighter armored and gunned, St Louis. Lots of fun. In Co-op anyway.

Thanks for the feedback, Admiral. I'm glad that you both are liking the ship. :cap_like:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
8 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah AT is right in PvE she is great little ship, great little DD hunter with Funny Horn, and beautiful Camo - the White! Wish we keep St. Louis's white camo.

I have even been in one battle with CV, she made thru with a lot of dodging! 

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

Get the Yubari.  Seriously.  Not many care for it.  It's fragile as all heck, but if you play it properly the thing will teach you tricks that will only help you as you make your way up the cruiser line.  Don't get me wrong it's not for everybody due to the fact that it will punish mistakes mercilessly.  But if you don't make many mistakes that ship will treat you properly. 

It'll also teach you gunnery.  I've said it in some of my videos, the ship is too accurate.  Other ships if you miss your aim, RNG and dispersion might help you land a few shells.  Yubari is a perfectionist.  If your aim is off, she will not hit.  She's difficult to do well sometimes, but she's challenging and can do some impressive things. 

Plus, how many of you have wanted to get back at some of the low tier Carriers and blow the planes away with Defensive Fire AA at that tier? :cap_haloween:

I'll put'em in spoilers below but the Yubari has been featured a few times in my youtube

88k damage confederate and Clear Skies

106k damage and confederate

106k damage (Kraken, devastating Strike, High Caliber, Confederate)

• Cool 1