You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

On Co-op and the "wave of pink"

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,302 battles

YES, I am noticing Pink players in co-op as a regular thing (to the point where there is at least one in almost every game I play).

However, none of them have yet fired on me (except the occasional stray shot or bump which happens in close-in melees), so my conclusion on available - and admittedly limited - evidence has to be that they really are people that honestly fouled up and not malicious rectums.

Yet to see an orange player, though. Them, I will keep a careful eye on.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If I read the patch notes correctly (which I tend not to do) I don't think orange will be visible to other players, just you. Perhaps it's a visual reminder of why you are locked out of random battles.

[WOLF2]
Members
898 posts
7,321 battles

WG lowered the criteria for issuing pink status (I was handed pink for a torp hit - didn't kill the friendly, but still penalized), and a lot of people head over to Co-op to quickly get the pink coloring off.    

I was certainly not assigned to Co-op, nor is this pink wave you're referring to.   Co-op matches are faster, and it's an easy way to quickly wear off the pink.    You're seeing an increase because WG has lowered the bar to getting a pink badge.   They're going to co-op to work it off.   They're not being banished to co-op.

Eventually, you may see the same folks, co-op game after co-op game, in pink or in orange.    Don't think we're there yet.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

I think it might have been a jingles video or something where I heard that orange is stuck as the only player in co op. So it is co op but just bots on your team and the other team. I could be wrong though. As far as pink, it can be caused pretty easily and doesn’t mean they did team damage. Seems like most people just don’t like being pink in ransoms so they go to do op to get rid of it. 

[SC]
Members
1,579 posts
10,033 battles

So what happens when the Pink ships in Co-op team kill? where do they go from there?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
5 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So what happens when the Pink ships in Co-op team kill? where do they go from there?

Training mode

[SC]
Members
1,579 posts
10,033 battles
6 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Training mode

What if they torp other players in training mode? what's next? bathtub Battles?

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

However, none of them have yet fired on me (except the occasional stray shot or bump which happens in close-in melees),

guess they finally learned their lesson.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
10 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

We take away their torpedoes from all ships, and their guns will only fire at enemy ships that are not within 10 km of a friendly.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

We take away their torpedoes from all ships, and their guns will only fire at enemy ships that are not within 10 km of a friendly.

We change their UI to WoT so that they have to buy every shell, torpedo, and AA individually.

[SC]
Members
1,579 posts
10,033 battles
4 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Better yet, force them to play 10 training room battles with Barbara Streisand songs blaring in the background and sound controls deactivated. I think this will scare straight most of the bad apples. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles
20 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

they are sent to War Thunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
39 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

WG lowered the criteria for issuing pink status (I was handed pink for a torp hit - didn't kill the friendly, but still penalized), and a lot of people head over to Co-op to quickly get the pink coloring off.    

I was certainly not assigned to Co-op, nor is this pink wave you're referring to.   Co-op matches are faster, and it's an easy way to quickly wear off the pink.    You're seeing an increase because WG has lowered the bar to getting a pink badge.   They're going to co-op to work it off.   They're not being banished to co-op.

Eventually, you may see the same folks, co-op game after co-op game, in pink or in orange.    Don't think we're there yet.

This.

Had a DD on the team run into a torp of mine that was launched while I was fighting 3 BB in the base (never saw him anywhere - think he was behind an island). Didn't kill him and did minimal damage yet I got 2 games pink. I was shocked.

Not crazy about how they call ramming damage unsportsmanlike now. I get rammed and it comes up unsportsmanlike LOL.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Better yet, force them to play 10 training room battles with Barbara Streisand songs blaring in the background and sound controls deactivated. I think this will scare straight most of the bad apples. 

sIU2ztz.jpg

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

They can't.  Damage is reflected.

Their required PINK battle count increases, and they only damage themselves.

[A4O]
Members
10 posts
9,531 battles

I agree Everything stated so far is really annoying but it is getting worse  - last night while playing in a random match I got killed early in the match and had all my credits and points taken away for 'inactivity'.'  Had fired and maneuvered continuously until that point. Contacted WOWS (twice) but all gave me were canned idiot lessons on their new policy even though none of what was described had occurred. 

[PVE]
Members
234 posts
11,042 battles

I had a pinky shooting  team mates and myself  , put the pinks in a pink only Co-op teams.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
1 minute ago, Beowulf369 said:

I agree Everything stated so far is really annoying but it is getting worse  - last night while playing in a random match I got killed early in the match and had all my credits and points taken away for 'inactivity'.'  Had fired and maneuvered continuously until that point. Contacted WOWS (twice) but all gave me were canned idiot lessons on their new policy even though none of what was described had occurred. 

This new system, while well intentioned, methinks think will be a disaster. Sort of like whenever a politician tries to "fix" something. Just makes it worse.:Smile_facepalm: 

[WOLF5]
Members
285 posts
5,269 battles
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

If I read the patch notes correctly (which I tend not to do) I don't think orange will be visible to other players, just you. Perhaps it's a visual reminder of why you are locked out of random battles.

Yes, when you earn the badass orange status, you appear as pink to the others but all modes are locked out and you can play co op only.

I got the orange status once when progressing up the U.K. cruiser line, but since I play only co op games it didn’t really matter.  It was on one of those low tier cruisers I think where I was launching torps without a care about friendlies.  :cap_haloween: