You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PCBSD2

Matchmaking still not great - open a ticket and send this

77 comments in this topic

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

Open a ticket and send either the following or something like it.

I love World of Warships.  It can be incredibly fun.  It can also be infuriating.  When I'm playing a game to enjoy and relax, I don't like getting ticked off when I get toasted two minutes into a game.

I've waited for a very long time for things to get corrected in MM.  In any game that has a top tier of 8 or higher, the discrepancy in offense/defense is so great that the lower tier can have more than half of its HP removed in 1 shot.  If they're broadside to a ship that just showed up and it's two tiers higher, one shot and the game is over.

The way I see it, either limit ships to 7/8, 8/9, 9/10 or figure out how to lower their offensive power to not do so much damage. (Yes, it can even happen in a t6/t7/t8 game with a t8 BB shooting a t6 cruiser.)

This is the ongoing complaint of everyone in game.  Most people have stated that they would not mind waiting in queue for 1-2 minutes more if the game was more fair.

Please fix this.  Thank you!

Edited by PCBSD2
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles
2 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

This is the ongoing complaint of everyone in game.

Don't you love it when people claim to talk for everyone?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

If you dont like the challenge of fighting ships that are better than yours then play T10

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

Should I have just said that everyone that complains about matchmaking in the game has the very same complaint?

Sorry, I don't like T10 just yet.  I like playing more mid-tier for just the reason I mentioned.  I've stopped advancing my ships beyond t7 due to having every other game being a stomp-fest. 

If they want to keep the screwed up matchmaking, make a second queue for people who don't want to play 3 tier games.

Edited by PCBSD2

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,093 posts
4,164 battles

Spamming support with useless tickets won't really help anything

• Cool 3

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
4 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

Should I have just said that everyone that complains about matchmaking in the game has the very same complaint?

Sorry, I don't like T10 just yet.  I like playing more mid-tier for just the reason I mentioned.  I've stopped advancing my ships beyond t7 due to having every other game being a stomp-fest. 

If they want to keep the screwed up matchmaking, make a second queue for people who don't want to play 3 tier games.

Being bottom tier is nowhere near the end of the world. Dude I go Gearing hunting in Kagero....

[SYN]
Members
561 posts
6,248 battles

That's not quite everybody. 

I enjoy the MM at +/- 2.  Tier 5 DD's outspot T 6-7 and can use the bigger maps really well. Tier 7 BB's in the smaller maps take a lot of Torpedo grief also. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[WOLF2]
Members
894 posts
7,283 battles

There's a guaranteed way to get only T8 ships in a match.    It's called Ranked.   EVERY ship will be a T8 (well, until you get to rank 10).

There are some silver linings to Ranked.   You want a true T8 match?   There ya go!

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

Really?  I play ranked.  It's great.  However, limiting tiers to two should not be an issue if they've done their queuing logic correctly.  Again, simply, create a second queuing system.  It won't take away from people who like 3 tier games and people will have the option.  Make it a toggle in their settings. 

So, my idea seems sound, how about it gets judged on something like merit versus personal preference or misinterpretation?

Spamming support doesn't really hurt anything but from the ongoing complaints and the sheer number of tickets, it may give them a clue about the number of people that are annoyed with issue.

Edited by PCBSD2
addition

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
21 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

If they're broadside to a ship that just showed up and it's two tiers higher, one shot and the game is over.

Hmmmmmmm.

also, to respond to other comments, there is not a 3 tier difference, if you are choosing to play mid tiers only, then you are choosing to play the lottery of being top or bottom tier... you're choosing, and finally there is not a ship in the game that is incapable of being top of the team even when at -2 tiers, they all can do damage to the toughest of ships and far more often than not it is not an unlucky devastating strike but poor decision making or wasd plays.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
1 minute ago, PCBSD2 said:

Really?  I play ranked.  It's great.  However, limiting tiers to two should not be an issue if they've done their queuing logic correctly.  Again, simply, create a second queuing system.  It won't take away from people who like 3 tier games and people will have the option.  Make it a toggle in their settings. 

So, my idea seems sound, how about it gets judged on something like merit versus personal preference or misinterpretation?

If thats the case, what if I told you that T8s can fight T10s just fine. T5s can fight T7s just fine, etc. Being bottom tier is not the end of the world. Being bottom tier just separates the actual good players from complainers like you who blame MM for their shortcomings in a match. Bottom tier ships can have just as big an impact as higher tier ones. I topped T9 games in Yorck because I know that I’m able to out-kite the Balti, Nawlins, and Schors on the enemy team. I go Gearing hunting in Kagero because I know I outspot them and have superior gun layout and always have the first shot. Instead of complaining about being bottom tier, look at the match and your ship and ask yourself “what can I still do to make a difference in this game?” 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

And, again, I ask about the 'merit' of the idea.  We can split hairs about what is actually meant.  Here's the idea, no more than 2 different tiers in a game.  A second queuing system that people can 'opt-in' through settings to play either 3 tiers in a game or 2 tiers in a game.  Simple.

And so.... Destroyer_ShimakazeChan decides to try and make it personal.... ' complainers like you who blame MM for their shortcomings in a match'.  I was hoping I was talking to adults that could separate it without making it personal.  Again, try to look at the merit.  People can opt in or out.

Edited by PCBSD2

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

And, again, I ask about the 'merit' of the idea.  We can split hairs about what is actually meant.  Here's the idea, no more than 2 different tiers in a game.  A second queuing system that people can 'opt-in' through settings to play either 3 tiers in a game or 2 tiers in a game.  Simple.

And has already been proposed and more or less rejected. Multiple times. What makes you think this time will be any different?

P.S: The forum “search” function is your friend

• Bad 2

[SYN]
Members
561 posts
6,248 battles
3 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

The problem you have is asking replies on merit for an OP that is your preference. 

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

I didn't see anyone propose a second queue by searching the forums.  I may have missed it.

Really, Pulver?  Again, splitting hairs.  What if it increases the number of people who want to play higher tiers?  What if it makes people stick with the game?  I have 4 people that just 'gave up' due to matchmaking issues. 

If so many people are 'complainers', do you guys think that maybe there is a problem and you shouldn't just be bashing for the sake of bashing something you don't agree with?

Edited by PCBSD2

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
3 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

I didn't see anyone propose a second queue by searching the forums.  I may have missed it.

Really, Pulver?  Again, splitting hairs.  What if it increases the number of people who want to play higher tiers?  What if it makes people stick with the game?  I have 4 people that just 'gave up' due to matchmaking issues. 

If so many people are 'complainers', do you guys think that maybe there is a problem and you shouldn't just be bashing for the sake of bashing something you don't agree with?

Because if there actually was a problem with the MM as bad as you are making it out to be then it would have been adressed by now. Last patch enhanced the MM by mirroring type and tiers of ships which was already a huge, positive change.

Dont forget MM used to be +/-3 tiers

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles

So bc you don't like the mm you want a currently good system to change? I mainly play t8 and t10 and I have no issues fighting 10s with my 8s. If you get "toasted" 2 minutes into the game it is entirely your fault. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

So bc you don't like the mm you want a currently good system to change? I mainly play t8 and t10 and I have no issues fighting 10s with my 8s. If you get "toasted" 2 minutes into the game it is entirely your fault. 

So much this^^^

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TASC]
Members
15 posts
10,151 battles

And, again, another person who just wants to bash.  ' If you get "toasted" 2 minutes into the game it is entirely your fault.'  Read the post.  It stated a specific issue.  I'm fighting and not broadside to anyone, a BB appears when I'm just starting to engage, BANG dead.  That's just so much fun (Yes, that's sarcasm).

Can some people on this forum not read?  Or is it a comprehension issue?  You guys are trying to make it a big deal.  It's not.  You have an opinion that the current MM is perfect.  I have an opinion seemingly like a lot of people - yes, read the forums, it's been brought up multiple times.  Setting up an additional feature that people can opt should be an issue.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles

I'll never really understand all the whining about MM. I'm a very average player, and it doesn't concern me in the least. I just play differently when I'm bottom tier. It requires a bit more patience and careful attention to the mini map. 

In my experience, T6 ships match up just fine against T8s, and 8s match up fine vs 10s. Sure, sometimes you really are pooched from the outset, like when you're the only T6 cruiser in a field of almost all T8, but that happens so rarely that it's not worth getting yer knickers all in a bunch over it. 

I've mentioned this before, and the more whinging I see about the topic, the more I think it's a suggestion worth considering: start a sub-forum for crying about MM and move all of these endlessly repetitive threads into what will eventually amount to a junk folder.

Another suggestion: find a tier 3 or 4 ship you enjoy playing and resign yourself to the fact that this is your new life; live it to its fullest and never worry again about an Iowa blasting you to bits when you show your broadside in Algerie like a potato-brained noob. And if you're running around happily in your shiny new Clemson and you get radared and viciously assaulted by a Chapayev, then, by all means, send a ticket.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles
38 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

Open a ticket and send either the following or something like it.

I love World of Warships.  It can be incredibly fun.  It can also be infuriating.  When I'm playing a game to enjoy and relax, I don't like getting ticked off when I get toasted two minutes into a game.

I've waited for a very long time for things to get corrected in MM.  In any game that has a top tier of 8 or higher, the discrepancy in offense/defense is so great that the lower tier can have more than half of its HP removed in 1 shot.  If they're broadside to a ship that just showed up and it's two tiers higher, one shot and the game is over.

The way I see it, either limit ships to 7/8, 8/9, 9/10 or figure out how to lower their offensive power to not do so much damage. (Yes, it can even happen in a t6/t7/t8 game with a t8 BB shooting a t6 cruiser.)

This is the ongoing complaint of everyone in game.  Most people have stated that they would not mind waiting in queue for 1-2 minutes more if the game was more fair.

Please fix this.  Thank you!

Dear original poster I am going to refuse to call you "OP" as you are not at all OP there are steps you can easily take to avoid getting nuked at the start in your teir 8 premium. Take the teir I skill that let's you know if you are being aimed at if so take evasive action. This will help you with most of your issues. Sadly MM is never going to make it so that every teir 8 game you playing will let you seal club teir 6. The current+/- 2 MM  is fine trust me I remember the days of tier 5 tanks fighting tier 9s. Ease stop bellyaching about one of the few mechanics that is perfectly fine.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
1 minute ago, PCBSD2 said:

And, again, another person who just wants to bash.  ' If you get "toasted" 2 minutes into the game it is entirely your fault.'  Read the post.  It stated a specific issue.  I'm fighting and not broadside to anyone, a BB appears when I'm just starting to engage, BANG dead.  That's just so much fun (Yes, that's sarcasm).

Can some people on this forum not read?  Or is it a comprehension issue?  You guys are trying to make it a big deal.  It's not.  You have an opinion that the current MM is perfect.  I have an opinion seemingly like a lot of people - yes, read the forums, it's been brought up multiple times.  Setting up an additional feature that people can opt should be an issue.

Then you should learn to play better. Pay more attention. Make better predictions as to where unspotted ships are likely to appear. Learn to plan ahead better. 

And I think you might be the one with the comprehension issue. We’ve given you examples and explained why the current system is fine and you just reject it because you believe you are automatically right. If you want me to re-explain:

21 minutes ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

If thats the case, what if I told you that T8s can fight T10s just fine. T5s can fight T7s just fine, etc. Being bottom tier is not the end of the world. Being bottom tier just separates the actual good players from complainers like you who blame MM for their shortcomings in a match. Bottom tier ships can have just as big an impact as higher tier ones. I topped T9 games in Yorck because I know that I’m able to out-kite the Balti, Nawlins, and Schors on the enemy team. I go Gearing hunting in Kagero because I know I outspot them and have superior gun layout and always have the first shot. Instead of complaining about being bottom tier, look at the match and your ship and ask yourself “what can I still do to make a difference in this game?” 

10 minutes ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

Because if there actually was a problem with the MM as bad as you are making it out to be then it would have been adressed by now. Last patch enhanced the MM by mirroring type and tiers of ships which was already a huge, positive change.

Dont forget MM used to be +/-3 tiers

9 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

• Bad 2

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

And dont forget the newer replies:

4 minutes ago, legozer said:

I'll never really understand all the whining about MM. I'm a very average player, and it doesn't concern me in the least. I just play differently when I'm bottom tier. It requires a bit more patience and careful attention to the mini map. 

In my experience, T6 ships match up just fine against T8s, and 8s match up fine vs 10s. Sure, sometimes you really are pooched from the outset, like when you're the only T6 cruiser in a field of almost all T8, but that happens so rarely that it's not worth getting yer knickers all in a bunch over it. 

I've mentioned this before, and the more whinging I see about the topic, the more I think it's a suggestion worth considering: start a sub-forum for crying about MM and move all of these endlessly repetitive threads into what will eventually amount to a junk folder.

Another suggestion: find a tier 3 or 4 ship you enjoy playing and resign yourself to the fact that this is your new life; live it to its fullest and never worry again about an Iowa blasting you to bits when you show your broadside in Algerie like a potato-brained noob. And if you're running around happily in your shiny new Clemson and you get radared and viciously assaulted by a Chapayev, then, by all means, send a ticket.

3 minutes ago, justdags said:

Dear original poster I am going to refuse to call you "OP" as you are not at all OP there are steps you can easily take to avoid getting nuked at the start in your teir 8 premium. Take the teir I skill that let's you know if you are being aimed at if so take evasive action. This will help you with most of your issues. Sadly MM is never going to make it so that every teir 8 game you playing will let you seal club teir 6. The current+/- 2 MM  is fine trust me I remember the days of tier 5 tanks fighting tier 9s. Ease stop bellyaching about one of the few mechanics that is perfectly fine.

You’re beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,998 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

You’re beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

That sounds messy.

Members
2,415 posts
7,727 battles
54 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

If they're broadside to a ship that just showed up and it's two tiers higher, one shot and the game is over.

Its simple, dont sail broadside. When you show your broadside, It doesnt matter the tiver, you are going to taken huge damage. This is a play mistake, has nothing to do with the tier. 

Players just like to blame the tier for their own mistakes, its easier than learn how to play.

• Bad 1