You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
skippy0330

clan name change

11 comments in this topic

[RC951]
Members
4 posts
98 battles

So, obviously, like a dummy I didn't read the rules and made a clan tag that was offensive. I get that.  

now, 

without a email, a warning, nothing, they've changed the name, and expect me to PAY to change it again? Is this company looking for chargebacks or?  

*I realized I have posted this in the wrong forum. Is there a way to move this?  Issue has been possibly resolved, thanks for the help. 

Edited by skippy0330

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles
2 minutes ago, skippy0330 said:

So, obviously, like a dummy I didn't read the rules and made a clan tag that was offensive. I get that.  

now, 

without a email, a warning, nothing, they've changed the name, and expect me to PAY to change it again? Is this company looking for chargebacks or?  

You said it yourself. You didn’t read the rules and I believe they charge anyone and everyone to change names... they simply censored the name and now you have to change it. What is surprising about that? You’re welcome to keep the name they changed it to.

• Cool 1

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,833 battles

If your caught painting something obscene on a building with spray paint, the city/county/state will charge you for the clean up costs.  It's how life works.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,696 posts
3,941 battles

.....is there something preventing you leaving the renamed clan to form a new one?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

If it works the same as with player names you can send in a ticket to get a free name change from the one they gave you.

[RC951]
Members
4 posts
98 battles
1 hour ago, digitaljustice said:

If your caught painting something obscene on a building with spray paint, the city/county/state will charge you for the clean up costs.  It's how life works.

Yes, great analogy.  Something illegal vs something I paid for as a consumer.  That's not how life works, please, when you reach the age when you know how life works, come back. 

• Bad 1

[RC951]
Members
4 posts
98 battles
2 hours ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You said it yourself. You didn’t read the rules and I believe they charge anyone and everyone to change names... they simply censored the name and now you have to change it. What is surprising about that? You’re welcome to keep the name they changed it to.

Why would I be allowed to chose such a obvious name if it goes against TOS.   Don't be such a shill.  Use your head.  The TOS DIDN'T say i wouldn't be emailed, or notified and I would have to pay again, it only states under extreme circumstances, why don't YOU read the fine print fanboy. 

• Bad 1

[RC951]
Members
4 posts
98 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

If it works the same as with player names you can send in a ticket to get a free name change from the one they gave you.

Thanks for the useful information. I will do that. 

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles
4 minutes ago, skippy0330 said:

Why would I be allowed to chose such a obvious name if it goes against TOS.   Don't be such a shill.  Use your head.  The TOS DIDN'T say i wouldn't be emailed, or notified and I would have to pay again, it only states under extreme circumstances, why don't YOU read the fine print fanboy. 

You really think they’d program every single name that is inappropriate in so that they would be blocked? Just submit a ticket and see what they say. 

[FADES]
Members
152 posts
3,833 battles
13 minutes ago, skippy0330 said:

Yes, great analogy.  Something illegal vs something I paid for as a consumer.  That's not how life works, please, when you reach the age when you know how life works, come back. 

You said yourself, you didn't read the rules and made a clan tag that was offensive (and against the rules in WoWs, similar to illegal, or not allowed).

How about "ignorance of the law excuses not"?  

And you also said "The TOS DIDN'T say i wouldn't be emailed, or notified and I would have to pay again..." so Rules and Laws should say what won't happen to you if you break them, that seems like a lot of ground to cover.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
9 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You really think they’d program every single name that is inappropriate in so that they would be blocked? Just submit a ticket and see what they say. 

They can for the most obvious ones but what do you do when for example it is the N word but with a 1 in place of the i and a 3 in place of the e?

• Cool 2