You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
thatGcat

New Damage Record??!

12 comments in this topic

[EREKT]
Members
23 posts
944 battles

Recently I finished a monster game in my Gneisenau. Most of my teammates were spectacular and I finished the game with a Kraken, confederate, and first blood. before looking at the stats or anything the first thing I decided to do was upload the replay. and I'm glad I did! 

https://replayswows.com/replay/22176#stats

My post battle score shows me setting a new damage record! 756, 769 Damage done!

I challenge all of you to beat that score!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,733 battles

There's something very fishy here. No way you get 750k+ dmg with 2x cits, 15x pens and 20x overpens with 11600 dmg guns. Those hits only count up to 98.6k dmg, and that's only if none of them were low damage finishing shots. 

This is a pretty good Gneisenau match, but a far cry from 750k.

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,305 battles

At tier 7 ships don't have enough health between them for you to do that much damage. Even if you literally killed all 12 ships on the enemy team, and they were all battleships, you would still struggle to get up to 750k damage.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,799 posts
7,037 battles

dmg avoided maybe. or damage by others on your team via your spotting? Post a screenshot of the battle result.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

You would need to destroy almost 8 full health Musashi’s in order to get 750k. Granted BB’s have the ability to heal but still that is well over half the enemy team you’d have had to deal 100% of the damage to. At work so can’t watch the replay.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
855 posts
9,759 battles

Challenge accepted!

oh wait, 750k+ damage by yourself...

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Goodness. 

I do suspect we may have stumbled across a bug here.  I'll definitely have to take a look at this once I'm home.

On the other hand, congratulations on the Kraken and what appears to have been an excellent game.  Just... probably... not quite that excellent.

-R

[VFW]
Members
939 posts
21,203 battles
55 minutes ago, Lert said:

There's something very fishy here. No way you get 750k+ dmg with 2x cits, 15x pens and 20x overpens with 11600 dmg guns. Those hits only count up to 98.6k dmg, and that's only if none of them were low damage finishing shots. 

Fully agree with you Lert...there is no way with that amount of ribbons shown.  Something is fishy.....

VR,

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,039 posts

Fishy.

Wrong forum.

SNAFU

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

1 hour ago, DarthZeppelin said:

dmg avoided maybe. or damage by others on your team via your spotting? Post a screenshot of the battle result.

Watched the replay Op posted . The results at the end of the battle are : 93,316 damage done ; 1,367,834 potential damage and 44,013 spotting damage . How he seems to think that any of that either alone or all together equals 756,789 damage I do not know . Other then there was a bug/glitch in what he saw on the post battle score .

:Smile_honoring:

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,728 battles
4 hours ago, thatGcat said:

Recently I finished a monster game in my Gneisenau. Most of my teammates were spectacular and I finished the game with a Kraken, confederate, and first blood. before looking at the stats or anything the first thing I decided to do was upload the replay. and I'm glad I did! 

https://replayswows.com/replay/22176#stats

My post battle score shows me setting a new damage record! 756, 769 Damage done!

I challenge all of you to beat that score!

There’s an oddity w/ the results screen - the silver earned is missing - with this ribbon assortment and the right flags and a bonus weekend,  it’s possible the 756K is a silver number dropped into the damage dealt line.  The other posters are onto something as this is not a plausible score under the circumstances of the rest of the ribbons and tier (especially w/ no torp hits even if a huge chunk of the shell hits were detonations).

Still a game to be proud of, but unfortunatly, you might’ve been misled by a UI glitch.

Edited by hangglide42

[EREKT]
Members
23 posts
944 battles
3 hours ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Goodness. 

I do suspect we may have stumbled across a bug here.  I'll definitely have to take a look at this once I'm home.

On the other hand, congratulations on the Kraken and what appears to have been an excellent game.  Just... probably... not quite that excellent.

-R

3 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Watched the replay Op posted . The results at the end of the battle are : 93,316 damage done ; 1,367,834 potential damage and 44,013 spotting damage . How he seems to think that any of that either alone or all together equals 756,789 damage I do not know . Other then there was a bug/glitch in what he saw on the post battle score .

:Smile_honoring:

Shoutout to Chien_lu_Anderman for taking the time to look at the dmg totals!

But alas, this is a very strange bug. 

Ive attached the real post battle results. When i lopked at the replay screen, i saw that bizarrely high number in the total damage bar, i knew it was a hilarious bug that i thought i would have some fun raising awareness of.

Im not trying to annoy anyone, i just wanted to show off this hilarious bug.

20180502_181505.jpg

20180502_181449.jpg

• Cool 2