Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tipsy_Seadog

"Thank you. You are helping to improve the community."

11 comments in this topic

[SOB]
Members
30 posts
7,554 battles

This is the message we receive when complimenting or reporting players.

Exactly "HOW" are we helping to improve the community.  Cause from what I've seen it doesn't do a darn thing.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

By encouraging good behavior and flagging bad behavior for stuff like the autoban system? I mean yes, a single report or compliment does exactly jack and squat respectively, and the report system for WoWs isn't the greatest in the world, but it's not the worst either. At least we're doing something to help keep the toxic people out.

Members
763 posts
15,831 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

just a placebo message to go with your placebo report/complement.

Absolutely yep.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

What? It doesn't do anything? WG is lying to me? I refuse to believe it!

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
28 minutes ago, Tipsy_Seadog said:

Exactly "HOW" are we helping to improve the community.  Cause from what I've seen it doesn't do a darn thing.

Reports are tracked. When one person garners enough of them, Putin's death squad poisons them with Polonium, or sometimes nerve agent. They like to mix it up a bit to keep things fresh.

• Funny 1

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,893 battles
3 minutes ago, pikohan said:

What? It doesn't do anything? WG is lying to me? I refuse to believe it!

From what I can tell only the misbehaviour in chat function and the conpliment do anything.  The former obviously leads to chat bans; there are enough complaint threads to prove that works.  The latter adds positive karma to your account, which from what I can tell acts as a sort of buffer to when you're reported (your karma gets depleted with each time you're reported, and once at zero you become subject to things like chat bans).

Question I have is, what do the other reporting functions like "plays poorly" do?  If they make it less likely for you to randomly teamed with the person you reported that's pretty hard to tell if it's working without having access to the devs data logs.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,849 battles
2 hours ago, Tipsy_Seadog said:

You are on forum now. Compliments can get rescinded, real fast around here. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Reports are tracked. When one person garners enough of them, Putin's death squad poisons them with Polonium, or sometimes nerve agent. They like to mix it up a bit to keep things fresh.

Shhh... the developers can read this. They dont hear that kind of news in russia. Or the story is that the imperialistic west has condemed russia for the targeting of WG customers, and they they get an image of suboctavian  riding a horse bareback shirtless with putin in a bonding experience.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
559 posts
6,248 battles
53 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

they they get an image of suboctavian  riding a horse bareback shirtless with putin in a bonding experience.

While wearing his old spice :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this