You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Rambos in Rank

59 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Just got out of a ranked match where some idiot went all by himself in a BB way way far from any support and his reason? "Its a secret" to which i told him it won't be a secret who is getting reported after the battle. Guess who died first and alone claiming he "distracted" the enemy? His attitude was he could play the way he wanted and who were we to tell him otherwise? It came down to the wire for the rest of us and his guns would have made the difference. We lost barely.

The whole team reported him after the match.

But seriously if you don't come to rank play with a team play attitude you are just ruining it for your team mates who have to suffer due to your snowflakey attitude.

RANK ISN'T RANDOM!

I don't know how some of you do this repeatedly. Rank play i mean.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles

Hope your karma is high because your gonna need a lot of it to down vote every person like that you run into in ranked.

• Funny 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Hope your karma is high because your gonna need a lot of it to down vote every person like that you run into in ranked.

So far there's only been one seriously obtuse idiot. However i'm sure there's more.

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles

Hell, today in Ranked I was on teams that were so bad I wanted to report myself! :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 7

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

sadily we can only give 11 reports per day with high karma :/

we need more reports for one day playing ranked! :P

[NOBS]
Members
527 posts
5,870 battles

First, has anyone ever seen a result from reporting bad play in a battle?

Ranked has been a different, and for players that haven't played it before it's a big change from the "solo" random battles. But even experienced players still run off and hide, or do their own thing. Personal I think some people are playing to be the top loser, if things go good they finally engage, but if not they sit just on the edge of the fight, doing just enough to not lose their star. 

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
17 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

sadily we can only give 11 reports per day with high karma :/

we need more reports for one day playing ranked! :P

Premium Ranked package: 1,000 reports per day and 10 kg sea salt.

Buy now!

• Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Just got out of a ranked match where some idiot went all by himself in a BB way way far from any support and his reason? "Its a secret" to which i told him it won't be a secret who is getting reported after the battle. Guess who died first and alone claiming he "distracted" the enemy? His attitude was he could play the way he wanted and who were we to tell him otherwise? It came down to the wire for the rest of us and his guns would have made the difference. We lost barely.

But seriously if you don't come to rank play with a team play attitude you are just ruining it for your team mates who have to suffer due to your snowflakey attitude.

RANK ISN'T RANDOM!

Actually, ranked is random, just with smaller teams, and no uptiering.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles
4 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Actually, ranked is random, just with smaller teams, and no uptiering.

So the idiots are more noticeable! :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
1 minute ago, pikohan said:

So the idiots are more noticeable! :Smile_sceptic:

Pretty much.

Honestly though, people have this strange misconception that ranked means something, and that somehow, the same players, because they are the same players, will somehow magically transform into colossal Lord Nelsons, who are going to obliterate the other team with their laser vision and anally launched cruise missiles. People post countless messages extolling the bountiful potato crop, but think that somehow putting the word ranked in front of the battle button is going to change that. It hasn't yet, and the indications are it is not going to.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Pretty much.

Honestly though, people have this strange misconception that ranked means something, and that somehow, the same players, because they are the same players, will somehow magically transform into colossal Lord Nelsons, who are going to obliterate the other team with their laser vision and anally launched cruise missiles. People post countless messages extolling the bountiful potato crop, but think that somehow putting the word ranked in front of the battle button is going to change that. It hasn't yet, and the indications are it is not going to.

I usually put salt and pepper on my cooked potatoes. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,267 posts
4,224 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

and no uptiering.

This must be the attraction for a lot of people. The problem is, by its very nature it attracts and concentrates that subset of very good and/or very determined players who are capable of wiping the floor with most others. And the smaller size of the teams makes it much less forgiving of early losses due to carelessness, stupidity, or AFK (for any reason).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Plated a few ranked this morning....   It's a bust.

Seems all the 'status shield' folks were placed on the other team by MM...  I usually showed up in a 19 pt Benson so I can grind it a bit.

I don't think I hit anything with a torpedo all morning.  My shots were off the bow, then too far back..  Hey wait..  I didn't change my aim...

It's typical RNG hates me kind of stuff.  Usually ended up top 3 on my team.  Couple games, I was the only player who killed anyone (except themselves through silliness).  Bounced off full broadside cruisers, while they citadeled me through the nose...   not fun.

So I decided to work off the frustration in Co-Op.  Hmmm... bot CV operators...

CV co-op bot friendly was so good -- I had to report it as a HUMAN.

Edited by AVR_Project

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

There were some "special" people playing ranked last night. I am an average player at best but all I can say is wow. I could not overcome the stupid I was forced to endure last night.

[LUCK]
Members
1,297 posts
19,543 battles
40 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

There were some "special" people playing ranked last night. I am an average player at best but all I can say is wow. I could not overcome the stupid I was forced to endure last night.

I saw a red Asashio gun down 2 HSFs. How does that happen? Neither one of the HSF must have known they couldn't be torped because they had ample opportunity to roll up and trash him. It was a thing to behold.

• Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Hell, I thought getting to R10 would had weeded out the idiots and I found I was wrong. Darwin's law is suspended for ranked.

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
13,217 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This must be the attraction for a lot of people. The problem is, by its very nature it attracts and concentrates that subset of very good and/or very determined players who are capable of wiping the floor with most others. And the smaller size of the teams makes it much less forgiving of early losses due to carelessness, stupidity, or AFK (for any reason).

These people usually move up quickly to the T10 ships so after the first week or so you only have the potatoes and late starters in the Tier 8 ranks. So you're pretty much guaranteed mediocre players especially at the "irrevocable" boundaries: 16/17 and 14/15, where they yoyo up and down, but don't move  to a higher rank # after losing repeatedly.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If I were to venture a guess, the guy's guns wouldn't have made a difference even had he not gone on a secret suicide mission. I assume his secret mission was to get close enough to the enemy to where even he couldn't miss.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
6 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

RANK ISN'T RANDOM!

You are gonna have players with as few or even fewer games than yourself and they going to do things as dumb or even dumber than you. 

Going off to an opposite side to get a flanking line of Fire on the massed enemy fleet isn’t a bad idea. It’s a great way for non-dd to dig out stubborn reds. It depends on the fleets makeup, the flanking ship and if there is any cover or distance available once you get to the flanking position. Lastly it requires the rest of your team to push in just about the time you open fire (you need to remain unspotted as long as possible) from the flank so the enemy team doesn’t try to focus you down. 

I’m not sure a solo B.B. is the best choice for doing this. Perhaps with a screening dd but then you have even more resources diverted for a few minutes.

It sounds like you may be a little “ate up” with the game if you are blowing reports on “plays poorly”. Also, the teams I’ve had the last few nights have about 30% chance of one afk but it isn’t always an automatic loss. In fact I think we won most of them.

Avoid putting out all the negativity in chat. When you spaz about what a single player is doing you may be causing more damage and distraction to your team and it’s chances of winning than the solo boat. Quit whining. Instead, ask what the solo boats intentions are and see if there is any way to incorporate his actions into a larger team plan. 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,267 posts
4,224 battles
44 minutes ago, Jenska said:

So you're pretty much guaranteed mediocre players especially at the "irrevocable" boundaries: 16/17 and 14/15, where they yoyo up and down, but don't move  to a higher rank # after losing repeatedly.

As a seal/potato hybrid myself, that means I should wait another week or so before trying again. I have no Tier 10 ships so trying to rank out this time is pointless, but I might as well have a few games and see what it's like, then come back the next time they make it one tier from start to finish.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

You are gonna have players with as few or even fewer games than yourself and they going to do things as dumb or even dumber than you. 

Going off to an opposite side to get a flanking line of Fire on the massed enemy fleet isn’t a bad idea. It’s a great way for non-dd to dig out stubborn reds. It depends on the fleets makeup, the flanking ship and if there is any cover or distance available once you get to the flanking position. Lastly it requires the rest of your team to push in just about the time you open fire (you need to remain unspotted as long as possible) from the flank so the enemy team doesn’t try to focus you down. 

I’m not sure a solo B.B. is the best choice for doing this. Perhaps with a screening dd but then you have even more resources diverted for a few minutes.

It sounds like you may be a little “ate up” with the game if you are blowing reports on “plays poorly”. Also, the teams I’ve had the last few nights have about 30% chance of one afk but it isn’t always an automatic loss. In fact I think we won most of them.

Avoid putting out all the negativity in chat. When you spaz about what a single player is doing you may be causing more damage and distraction to your team and it’s chances of winning than the solo boat. Quit whining. Instead, ask what the solo boats intentions are and see if there is any way to incorporate his actions into a larger team plan. 

The strategy may have been correct, but the execution was flawed. The only BB's I'd consider for a flanker are French and the risk of being focused fired is considerable. A high DPM CA would had been more better for that task. And did the guy state what is his intentions were? Most players I've seen seem to think they're tm mates are mind readers and use chat only to vent their spleen when they die. How about using it during a match to communicate your intention and to foucs fire?

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
15 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The strategy may have been correct, but the execution was flawed. The only BB's I'd consider for a flanker are French and the risk of being focused fired is considerable. A high DPM CA would had been more better for that task. And did the guy state what is his intentions were? Most players I've seen seem to think they're tm mates are mind readers and use chat only to vent their spleen when they die. How about using it during a match to communicate your intention and to foucs fire?

Agree.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles
7 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Premium Ranked package: 1,000 reports per day and 10 kg sea salt.

Buy now!

yes please!

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

No i asked him right at the beginning when i saw him pull away from the group. We asked his intentions and the "secret" reply is what he gave us. During the match is when we told him to join us because he was leaving us a ship down on some suicide mission. A couple of us chewed him out before dying and after dying the rest of the team joined in.

Someone liked what i said because i gained karma at the end of that fight.

To get an idea of what it looked like the map we were on what the one where A/B are next to each other up the left side and C is way off to the right side by itself. He took the long way to C alone in a NC. he ran into a tirpitz and NO. He died right away.

Edited by xalmgrey