You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Premium Shop, why are they different

11 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
543 posts
5,890 battles

Does anyone know, or can they explain why there are 2 different Premium Shops? And why doesn't the in game shop have the specials that the shop on the main page has?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,449 posts
3,383 battles

Only WG knows. :P

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,957 battles

Its just a business tactic to generate more income. Like with any new premium, they are often if not always available for IRL money when first released. That way, players who want the new ship sooner will shell out their wallets rather than using saved up doubloons previously purchased. This can also apply to sales, such as the ones that are available now. 

Edited by RighteousRhyno

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
3 minutes ago, RighteousRhyno said:

Its just a business tactic to generate more income. Like with any new premium, they are often if not always available for IRL money when first released. That way, players who want the new ship sooner will shell out their wallets rather than using saved up doubloons previously purchased. This can also apply to sales, such as the ones that are available now. 

Its a little wierder than that.

They will sell stuff through the premium shop that you log into the browser, that they dont sell if you click the link from the game menu. Both of those you must pay credit/debit.

In addition, most of the time you cant pay through the game link with gift cards.

Doubloon ships you buy from the tech tree. And the explaination you gave is for that difference.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,617 battles

It's a Brilliant Business Plan of course.

[NOBS]
Members
543 posts
5,890 battles
27 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It's a Brilliant Business Plan of course.

But it's not, because I check the in-game shop every day, I don't check the browser shop, WG is actually losing possible $$$'s because I don't see the deals or offers. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

But it's not, because I check the in-game shop every day, I don't check the browser shop, WG is actually losing possible $$$'s because I don't see the deals or offers. 

No, they make more money, because you are going to the real prem shop. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Does anyone know, or can they explain why there are 2 different Premium Shops? And why doesn't the in game shop have the specials that the shop on the main page has?

Web developer vs Game Developers means that at times they aren't always on the same page and schedule if the two teams aren't properly coordinating. Something tells me that they are at times accidentally overlooked as the in game client uses it's own built in portal vs what the website uses.

[NOBS]
Members
543 posts
5,890 battles
1 minute ago, Crusin_Custard said:

No, they make more money, because you are going to the real prem shop. 

I don't go there, that's my point. I use the in-game shop, if all the offer's were there, I would buy, not just look and say   "nothing new" and go back to the game.

The only reason I even knew about the browser shop was because of posts for the specials, that I couldn't find. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,814 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I don't go there, that's my point. I use the in-game shop, if all the offer's were there, I would buy, not just look and say   "nothing new" and go back to the game.

The only reason I even knew about the browser shop was because of posts for the specials, that I couldn't find. 

Oh well, you not going there is not going too break there piggy bank :Smile_teethhappy: You not going there are saving your hard earned. Silver lining and all that :Smile_sceptic:

[NOBS]
Members
543 posts
5,890 battles
1 hour ago, Azumazi said:

Web developer vs Game Developers means that at times they aren't always on the same page and schedule if the two teams aren't properly coordinating. Something tells me that they are at times accidentally overlooked as the in game client uses it's own built in portal vs what the website uses.

I would up vote you, but I used all my votes down voting the troll with the alt account, lol