You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

Ranked and players with no camo or flags.

39 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
258 posts
5,096 battles

Folks please if you are playing ranked have camo and at least some helpful flags. I am seeing so many players with nothing to help them and when i see DD with no camo i am like wth. When i ask why no camo the reply i can not afford it...well maybe you should not be playing ranked if you are that ingame broke. When you come into ranked unprepared you hurt your team's chances of winning. Rank is already frustrating why make it harder on your fellow teammates? So please at least have camo..

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,835 posts
1,327 battles

On one hand, I understand the request.  On the other hand, WG makes the rules, not the players, and it's not required.  I don't much care for the whole 'You must play the game my way, or else!' line of thought.  If they want to grind Ranked longer, that's their business.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Just having fun bro. Tis only a game. Why so cereal? Calm down, let people do their own thing.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,196 battles

Remember that some ships will show as "naked" if you have Halloween, ARP, HSF, etc material hidden. That doesn't excuse the absence of signals but who knows, ranked is such a grind a player could very well run out of them  before finishing. There is a certain point of diminishing returns on how many signals you receive vs how many you have spent. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,839 posts
11,534 battles

While I would never go into a ranked battle without camo... Camo really doesn't make that much of a difference (outside of economics).

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,834 battles

I'm honestly on the fence with this. For ranked, and randoms for that matter, I always use premium consumables and the best flags I have available. Sometimes that little bit extra counts and maybe helps you put out a fire early or give your secondaries that little extra boost. Camo goes without saying - so many free ones always being given out you should always have something. Also, your ships should be fully upgraded and have the best captain you have available. It doesn't have to be a 19 pointer, just the best you have.

But with all of that being said I understand that sometimes people just unlocked a new ship and want to start competing right away. Maybe they used up all of their flags getting to where they are now. I get it, but ships with no flags, or stock ships, can hurt their performance which in turn hurts their ability to effectively help their team win. Yes, it's a game. But, it's a game where people are really trying to put forth their best effort and it gets frustrating when other people on your team don't appear (notice I said appear) to be doing the same. 

I would recommend playing ranked until it gets too frustrating and then take a break. People are going to do what they want to do, regardless of your opinions or suggestions. 

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

Statistically the non flag non camo player is more likely to appear on the enemy team (7 slots vs 6) and will thus be easier to kill and easier to win against.

Don't worry about others and instead worry about yourself.  If prem consumables, camo, and flags will help you carry then it will help you advance.

• Bad 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,561 posts

As you can't buy signals it might just be the case that a person may not have any left, why should that prevent them from trying to have fun in ranked?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Honestly I was almost to the point of running my New Orleans naked with only flags. I was running out of camos until I finally broke down and got perma-camo so I can have it on the Baltimore after the split.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
1 hour ago, Scrapyard_ said:

Folks please if you are playing ranked have camo and at least some helpful flags. I am seeing so many players with nothing to help them and when i see DD with no camo i am like wth. When i ask why no camo the reply i can not afford it...well maybe you should not be playing ranked if you are that ingame broke. When you come into ranked unprepared you hurt your team's chances of winning. Rank is already frustrating why make it harder on your fellow teammates? So please at least have camo..

Maybe they don't know they can change from Doubloons to credits for consumables.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

I don't much care for the whole 'You must play the game my way, or else!' line of thought.

I agree with this, which is why I gave it a smiley face!

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

As you can't buy signals it might just be the case that a person may not have any left, why should that prevent them from trying to have fun in ranked?

Sorry, I just find it funny to see the highlighted words used at the same time.

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

While I would never go into a ranked battle without camo... Camo really doesn't make that much of a difference (outside of economics).

Do you even DD?

.1km (and DWT and radar) is literally why Yueyang replaced Gearing in CB and you're going to say a .2km detection decrease is not much of a difference?

• Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

Honestly, Im far more likely to lose a ranked match due to poor team coordination, bad luck or a potato play than not having an extra 1% chance to cause a fire (for example).

[WOLF9]
Members
1,103 posts

Personally, I prefer to go into battle au natural, oh wait, you meant the ship, never mind.

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Just having fun bro. Tis only a game. Why so cereal? Calm down, let people do their own thing.

You can do your own thing in randoms. People with no camo, no flags and no intention of playing to win for the team, imo of course, have no business in ranked play.

You can yolo all you want, ignore caps, do dmg and not play to win, hang back and let others win for you, torp indiscriminately, and all the other crap I see. Just do it in randoms please, and not ranked!

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles

Having or not having, camo and a few flags, does not make you a good or a bad player.  You may find a good player, doing naked ship things
and the bad player, using grandma's nightie as camo and doing bad ship things. You should not judge a ship by it's camo. :Smile_teethhappy:

[XBRTC]
Members
1,411 posts
7,420 battles

2 hours ago, awildseaking said:

Do you even DD?

.1km (and DWT and radar) is literally why Yueyang replaced Gearing in CB and you're going to say a .2km detection decrease is not much of a difference?

Well, I mean, I run my DD without the concealment mod or even the captain skill for concealment.

Even with camo, a YY can see me coming outside I even get into his radar range.

Of course, since I'm running a Khab, all it's going to do is give him time to get moving and hope I don't catch him.  :cap_rambo:

[USCC2]
Members
3,561 posts
4 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Sorry, I just find it funny to see the highlighted words used at the same time.

As funny as I find it that someone would play this game if they aren't enjoying it/having fun! :Smile_teethhappy:

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

Some people probably play ranked for a change of pace. 

Other people may be saving their combat flags for the R5 grind.

While flags/camo do help, they certainly don't turn a bad player into a good one or a good player into a bad one. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Well, Camo does 2 things:

1. 3-4% of your visibility

2. about 4% dispersion.

Go nekkid and you might as well hang a neon " SHOOT ME!" sign . Flags I can see being a problem when you run out. 

[SYN]
Members
549 posts
6,157 battles

The one signal that I always run, even in a CA, is anti-det. I was in a battle today and the enemy DD suffered a detonation. The reds were already in a bad way, so it just saved time. 

[SIM]
Members
2,528 posts
4,182 battles

If players want to run naked ships with no laundry flying, then they should stay in random battles where nothing is on the line. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
9 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

On one hand, I understand the request.  On the other hand, WG makes the rules, not the players, and it's not required.  I don't much care for the whole 'You must play the game my way, or else!' line of thought.  If they want to grind Ranked longer, that's their business.

I can understand your position, however in a game that requires teamwork to be successful doing everything you can to help your team IS your responsibility. Personally if I could not afford something as basic as camouflage and flags I would not play ranked until I could. Asking six other people to carry harder because I am at a disadvantage is not fair to your teammates. To only think of yourself in a team based game is really crappy selfish behavior and those solo yolo players generally make the in game experience for the other players on their team less enjoyable. 

• Cool 1

Members
9,962 posts
27 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

If players want to run naked ships with no laundry flying, then they should stay in random battles where nothing is on the line. 

Maybe you should petition WG and make them bar these people?

Let us know how it goes.....:Smile_teethhappy: