Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iRambL

Coop and Scenario Bots need a change

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6
[90TH]
Members
49 posts
5,198 battles

The bots in this game need a major rework. Tweaking scenarios so they act like bots in Coop shouldn't be a thing. If you wanted scenarios to be another avenue to play in shouldn't the event act differently than other modes? Instead the bots are still insanely accurate, have broken RNG chances for fire and floods, and focus fire one player to death every time. I'm happy they finally added challenges to Scenarios but annoyed they tweaked the bots down to the PTS server level which makes the scenarios unbearable and a consistency that everyone voted against in the PTS. The bots shouldn't get the upper hand every scenario. I enjoy the heck out of scenarios but tweaking the bots back to PTS levels breaks the game and makes everyone who enjoys them upset that you have broken the PTS suggestions of everyone including myself that played the PTS when they announced a new coop mode.

Edit: I wrote this while playing through Coop and Scenarios and it seems to be a systematic change throughout all of the bots in game. 3 games switching between coop and scenarios yielded the same results. "Bots will actively target a single player regardless of a closer threat or a lower HP player nearby." Lowest HP is a factor they used to target and closer threats is another. They have gone to ignoring this even ignoring DDs who are well within their gun range to target a specific player well outside their minimum range. Bots need to be toned back again or need a better system for targetting. Change the Scenarios back to the bot sensitivity as before because the PTS wasn't balanced with the bots as they currently are and they weren't balanced back in the PTS.

Edit (2): This is systematic throughout all scenarios. The bot tweak they introduced in the patch has broken scenarios making them ungodly annoying like in the PTS.

Edited by iRambL
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[PVE]
Members
234 posts
11,042 battles

Ultimate Frontier is unplayable now , please fix it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,739
[TBW]
Members
6,423 posts
12,071 battles

3, 4, and 5 stared the 3 I played with random teams today. One of them some one failed to get in the circle before the Ranger got there, they just turned away from it when they were next to it. I cleared a million credits in 3 games I was happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,680 battles

I have no problem that they tweaked the operations as they were a bit too easy, but a couple of them are too much so, like Final Frontier. Tonight I had 1 loss and 1 two star win, both teams were bad, didn't follow simple instructions to win, and one player's poor play in blocking my route forced me to eat two torps at different times. All in all, you need good cooperative players to win it, and the level of player allowed to play should be higher. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
302 posts
9,887 battles
44 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

3, 4, and 5 stared the 3 I played with random teams today. One of them some one failed to get in the circle before the Ranger got there, they just turned away from it when they were next to it. I cleared a million credits in 3 games I was happy.

Had about the same results except I didn't get a five star. Our Aigle was about to go in and then turned to fight one of the BBs for no apparent reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,801 battles

Well if anyone of you are in game and want to division up, let me know. The other members of my informal operations division all got off early tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles

What seems blindingly obvious to me about the scenario changes is that Wargamming doesn't give a large rodent's bottom about carrier drivers.

At every turn it seems there's  another ship with Defensive fire. You then either lose precious aircraft before you can get away; or you lose time that could be better spent attacking the enemies and helping to keep them away from you allies; waiting for the DF to stop; or flying somewhere else in a vain hope of finding a non-DF equiped target.

Why don't you just come right out and say you don't care about carriers WG? Compensate everyone who has them, and just remove them from the game.

Problem solved.

Considering how carriers have been screwed over nine ways to Sunday; to the point someone who isn't some twitch-reaction unicum can't even use them and have fun in a scenario/operation; I have ZERO faith in the posibility the much delayed carrier rework will do anything positive; but complete faith in the potential for the 'changes' to further ruin carrier play.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,365
[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
33 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What seems blindingly obvious to me about the scenario changes is that Wargamming doesn't give a large rodent's bottom about carrier drivers.

At every turn it seems there's  another ship with Defensive fire. You then either lose precious aircraft before you can get away; or you lose time that could be better spent attacking the enemies and helping to keep them away from you allies; waiting for the DF to stop; or flying somewhere else in a vain hope of finding a non-DF equiped target.

Why don't you just come right out and say you don't care about carriers WG? Compensate everyone who has them, and just remove them from the game.

Problem solved.

Considering how carriers have been screwed over nine ways to Sunday; to the point someone who isn't some twitch-reaction unicum can't even use them and have fun in a scenario/operation; I have ZERO faith in the posibility the much delayed carrier rework will do anything positive; but complete faith in the potential for the 'changes' to further ruin carrier play.

I won't take a carrier into scenarios any more because of the small hanger size of a tier 6 CV. With so many red ships in play as well as their better AA ability, I found myself just left with fighters near the end of matches. Beating the bot carriers planes can be tough because of the sheer numbers of planes involved in some of the scenarios as well. With buffed AA on the bot ships, just not worth doing. I am glad they increased the replay value of OPs, it always seemed a waste to me that they didn't but again Wargaming decided that things needed changing so I am firmly back in the camp of "there is zero replay value in scenarios after getting a five star win". If I want huge xp and credit payouts, just play PvP and blapp a few boats with a few rounds. Win or lose you make book easy. If I want to have fun, I can play 3 or 4 PvE matches in the same amount of time as one scenario with a small chance of losing and no investment in premium consumables/signal flags. Earnings there are smaller than scenarios on a win but the number of games played makes up for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
37 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If I want to have fun, I can play 3 or 4 PvE matches in the same amount of time as one scenario with a small chance of losing and no investment in premium consumables/signal flags. Earnings there are smaller than scenarios on a win but the number of games played makes up for it. 

Totally agree with this.

Since my carrier twitch skill are so useless in PvP, a good run in PvE (though I do use camo and signals,) can get me an equal or even better xp score than I ever could otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

...

Now I feel awkward because I'm "okay" at best and have terrible reaction times/twitch unicum skills as it were, yet my best games in the Kaga have been on Ultimate Frontier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,365
[PVE]
Members
5,700 posts
18,273 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Now I feel awkward because I'm "okay" at best and have terrible reaction times/twitch unicum skills as it were, yet my best games in the Kaga have been on Ultimate Frontier.

The tier 7 scenarios are much easier to do IMHO than the tier 6 ones. There are some really fine ships at tier 7 where you can smack the bots around. My comments were directed at the tier 6 scenarios and the limited hanger space of carriers at that level. Sorry I thought I mentioned that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I was more responding to @Estimated_Prophet actually, but since we're on the subject of tier 7 scenarios HOO BOY do I ever have trouble with Operation Hermes. Still have yet to even beat it in all the times I've tried. Maybe it'll go better once the split happens and I can use my Nola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
8 hours ago, Landsraad said:

...

Now I feel awkward because I'm "okay" at best and have terrible reaction times/twitch unicum skills as it were, yet my best games in the Kaga have been on Ultimate Frontier.

 

7 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I was more responding to @Estimated_Prophet actually, but since we're on the subject of tier 7 scenarios HOO BOY do I ever have trouble with Operation Hermes. Still have yet to even beat it in all the times I've tried. Maybe it'll go better once the split happens and I can use my Nola.

Three of the first ships you have to deal with are a Nicholas, a Cleveland, and an Atlanta; and your Kaga's TIER SIX planes don't get shredded, or have to screw around uselessly waiting for the DF to cool down?

Then you can't get near the Ranger thanks to a Farragut and another Cleveland; who knows what's with the cruisers and destroyers that need to be sunk, (can't remember, haven't played UF since it first came out,) and there's probably an Aoba or another Cleveland with the battleships.

Flying around spotting for everyone else, waiting for DF cooldowns or doing nothing but swatting flies... (in any of the scenarios,) how fun...

I had more success in Scharnhorst and Sims than I ever did in any carriers in UF; and I dislike them both because I can't make them work for spit in Randoms.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Three of the first ships you have to deal with are a Nicholas, a Cleveland, and an Atlanta; and your Kaga's TIER SIX planes don't get shredded, or have to screw around uselessly waiting for the DF to cool down?

Then you can't get near the Ranger thanks to a Farragut and another Cleveland; who knows what's with the cruisers and destroyers that need to be sunk, (can't remember, haven't played UF since it first came out,) and there's probably an Aoba or another Cleveland with the battleships.

Honestly I just go for DDs/BBs and send my planes in on flight paths that avoid the cruisers as best as possible, unless they're the only targets available of course. Seems to work out just fine for me. Then again it could have just been dumb luck. *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[ICE9]
Members
855 posts

I'd be happy if they could fix it so bored green "friendly" bots don't randomly torpedo allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Honestly I just go for DDs/BBs and send my planes in on flight paths that avoid the cruisers as best as possible, unless they're the only targets available of course. Seems to work out just fine for me. Then again it could have just been dumb luck. *shrugs*

Don’t worry; I suspect you’re playing with more patience than me; which isn’t very hard to do.

That, and I seem to have unbelievably atrocious luck against AA in general.

Dance close to a DF ship to try to bait it out; loose half a squad or more to the flak before I can jump back...

Attack some lone ship without any reputation for AA; most of squads get shot down before doing anything...

Meanwhile; a single plane bombs me and sets me on fire; because apparently my AA gunners are taking a break...

52 minutes ago, TF77 said:

I'd be happy if they could fix it so bored green "friendly" bots don't randomly torpedo allies.

Yeah, besides that, I seen bots launch torpedoes at nothing several times...

Flying nearby with an air squad, when suddenly torps appear on the map...

...going towards nothing...

...maybe the bot is trying to torpedo a whale?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
38 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t worry; I suspect you’re playing with more patience than me; which isn’t very hard to do.

That, and I seem to have unbelievably atrocious luck against AA in general.

Dance close to a DF ship to try to bait it out; loose half a squad or more to the flak before I can jump back...

Attack some lone ship without any reputation for AA; most of squads get shot down before doing anything...

Meanwhile; a single plane bombs me and sets me on fire; because apparently my AA gunners are taking a break...

Yeah, besides that, I seen bots launch torpedoes at nothing several times...

Flying nearby with an air squad, when suddenly torps appear on the map...

...going towards nothing...

...maybe the bot is trying to torpedo a whale?

Or torpedo an airplane. That would be epic.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[TDRB]
Members
1,143 posts
4,295 battles

Yes, this weeks & last week's scenarios seem to be buffed too much. AI seems to have a 90% hit chance & a 99% chance to start fires. It seems like an AI DD's armor can neutralize a nuke. I don't mind that AI single out the weakest target to attack. The same thing happens in randoms.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×