You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Today's Ranked Rant

15 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Why in gods name is team performance a part of individual performance? Three matches, two good, one bad for one a single victory.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Last time when ranked was here It was suggested that top 7 players regardless of win / loss should get the star and the 8th not lose a star.

It was shot down with Yamato's 18.1 in guns and stomped by  Panzer tank.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

We just stopped a team at 998 to take the win from them, because the red team didn't know when to cut and run for the win instead of trying to get a kill.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles

Some of the games I've had in the last few days were so bad it made me not want to play WoWs, not even Randoms. 

For instance yesterday the team had secured all three caps, had the points lead and sunk everything but an Amagi. All the Surviving NorCal had to do was stay bow in and keep shooting the Red Amagi but the NC charged and got into a circle turn fight. Of course he died and we lost. Heck A ram would have won it. Game Lost. 

Of course the experts say team work and communication wins games. But some times no amount of trying to work for the team and communication helps. Case in point; my LoYang had 4 BBs and 2 Mogami for team mates. I told them where I was going, Where I expected the DD, That I would Hydro the DD from a safe spot and be ready to shoot it. As predicted the DD was in the open in front of my team by my long hydro. But they either didn't shot it or missed. Didn't help one of the Mogami's was slow to load into the game. Game Lost. 

This evening in a Game the Friendly Tirpitz sailed away from the caps. The Richy charged a Kagero and an Asashio who happily sank him. Our Ognevoi charged the New Orleans. The Atago charged a Chappy, an Amagi and NorCal. The Tirpitz having found some courage charge the cap where the above ship were and died to Deep water torps. This left me and a New Orleans out numbered and down on points. I did manage 3 caps and the sinking of the enemy 3 destroyers. Game Lost. 

The only thing motivating me to play Rank at this point is getting the USN Black. But if the last few days persist I will be tempted to chuck Rank and just suffer Randoms. Each season feels like a excruciating grind that robs me of fun that is WoWs. There is only so much a poor captain can take when their best efforts are thrown away by their team mates. Why does WG make us suffer so??

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
32 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

We just stopped a team at 998 to take the win from them, because the red team didn't know when to cut and run for the win instead of trying to get a kill.

Yep, what triggered my rant was a match on Neighbors where neither of the DD's would take the free cap. We beat them into the ground kill wise but with them having two caps we were doomed. They really need to find a way to calculate advancing/declining that completely discounts the other players.

2 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Some of the games I've had in the last few days were so bad it made me not want to play WoWs, not even Randoms. 

For instance yesterday the team had secured all three caps, had the points lead and sunk everything but an Amagi. All the Surviving NorCal had to do was stay bow in and keep shooting the Red Amagi but the NC charged and got into a circle turn fight. Of course he died and we lost. Heck A ram would have won it. Game Lost. 

Of course the experts say team work and communication wins games. But some times no amount of trying to work for the team and communication helps. Case in point; my LoYang had 4 BBs and 2 Mogami for team mates. I told them where I was going, Where I expected the DD, That I would Hydro the DD from a safe spot and be ready to shoot it. As predicted the DD was in the open in front of my team by my long hydro. But they either didn't shot it or missed. Didn't help one of the Mogami's was slow to load into the game. Game Lost. 

This evening in a Game the Friendly Tirpitz sailed away from the caps. The Richy charged a Kagero and an Asashio who happily sank him. Our Ognevoi charged the New Orleans. The Atago charged a Chappy, an Amagi and NorCal. The Tirpitz having found some courage charge the cap where the above ship were and died to Deep water torps. This left me and a New Orleans out numbered and down on points. I did manage 3 caps and the sinking of the enemy 3 destroyers. Game Lost. 

The only thing motivating me to play Rank at this point is getting the USN Black. But if the last few days persist I will be tempted to chuck Rank and just suffer Randoms. Each season feels like a excruciating grind that robs me of fun that is WoWs. There is only so much a poor captain can take when their best efforts are thrown away by their team mates. Why does WG make us suffer so??

I have gotten to where the only times I am happy in randoms is when I am in a division.

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,151 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have gotten to where the only times I am happy in randoms is when I am in a division

feel the same way, find myself some days just looking at the screen and after a couple of minutes just log off

• Cool 2

Members
3,791 posts
14,076 battles

When I logged on today, I was at rank 12 with zero stars. When I called it quits ten battles later, I was at rank 12 with zero stars. Now how's that for progress?  :Smile_amazed:

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
12 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

feel the same way, find myself some days just looking at the screen and after a couple of minutes just log off

That is why I have never made it very far in ranked, I think I made 17 or 18 in the first one and never any closer to 15 than that.

Members
239 posts
12,373 battles

There are simply some players out there who cannot be dragged into a win if I do two battleships worth of damage by myself ... it's really pretty sad ...

shot-18_05.02_23_08.53-0600.thumb.jpg.e1a68eadff087270e99c8c40d0554bae.jpg

Members
55 posts
5,075 battles

This is my first real forry into ranked because i need to radar mod for clan battle, i have never recived one in a container, but i cant play with these random folks who say they are doing one thing in chat then do another, makes me want to quit the game. and only play training room, thats the only place i really have fun any more.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,846 posts
13,064 battles
12 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

When I logged on today, I was at rank 12 with zero stars. When I called it quits ten battles later, I was at rank 12 with zero stars. Now how's that for progress?  :Smile_amazed:

Ten?....  Ten!

You two timing Redneck!

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
4,416 posts
9,569 battles

I thought, maybe, I would make a real effort to rank out for the first time for Season 9.  I am only 27 battles in, but can't get past Rank 14.  I am beginning to think I just don't have the patience/tenacity/desire to grind down to R1.  These are just a couple of examples why:

3MisDi7.jpg

bFoNAaj.jpg

Edited by desmo_2

Members
3,791 posts
14,076 battles
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Ten?....  Ten!

You two timing Redneck!

I'm... So ashamed...

I guess I was in the mood for abuse, and I got it! :Smile_ohmy: