You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MaxitheBraixen

Done with battleships

31 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles

when a battleship *texas* misses a crusier *Kirov* at less then 5 KM *4.7 KM* its time to give up playing BB's.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
497 posts
3,661 battles

Replay please.  Id like to see that kind of RNG in action lol

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles
Just now, missile742 said:

Replay please.  Id like to see that kind of RNG in action lol

Dont have OBS or anything to record with.

[HINON]
Members
9,043 posts
9 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

Dont have OBS or anything to record with.

Thankfully you don't need them. Just enable replays for the game and the replay files are pretty small.

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Thankfully you don't need them. Just enable replays for the game and the replay files are pretty small.

Only if I knew that sooner.

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
877 posts
7,242 battles

Battleships live and die by the outcome of the great RNGesus. Some battles, you are forsaken by his benevolent gaze, others, your shells will fly straight and true, each one guided by his hands.

Remember this prayer, before each battleship match:

Spoiler

May our lord and savior, RNGesus, protect us, his APostles, from the HEathens, and may he guide our shells to the enemy's citadels.

In all seriousness though, you just have to roll with the punches, and strike a balance in tactics where you keep your big guns firing for as long as possible, but at the same time keeping yourself in such a position that you can be effective in the engagement, if you do this correctly, you will eventually strike that moment where chance and situation align for big numbers.(read: don't yolo charge, don't snipe from the back line, throwing enough crapat the wall and something is bound to stick).

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
9,043 posts
2 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

The more you know . . . o btw heres how you turn them on. They are really helpful if you think you saw something wonky in game or didn't understand it you can rewatch it or share with others to figure it out. It can also be handy if you want to share a replay with an experienced player to critique your performance and offer pointers. @Lord_Zath provides this sort of help for players.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/

Edited by RipNuN2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
2 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

Replays files are normally around 1mb each. Also you can view your replays by opening it with wows client

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
28 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

when a battleship *texas* misses a crusier *Kirov* at less then 5 KM *4.7 KM* its time to give up playing BB's.

I would encourage you to play Cruisers to improve your battle awareness and get more practice with your aim per game.

Check out iChaseGaming on YouTube, he can really help you with BBs in general,  and specifically.

I would also encourage using single click firing of a turret at a time to get your range locked in, even up close. If it becomes second nature full broadsides can be better to surprise targets.

If you don't have "Alt-Hud" enabled you should do so in Options. It will let you see the shell travel time in seconds to the target. Very usefull when learning a ship or switching between them.

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles

Stop playing the US battleship line if you don't like bad accuracy. (all battleships have pretty RNG salvoes from time to time, but some are worse than others). 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,030 posts

i know, i recently missed more and more times perfect broadside shots, as if the ships are cloaked in transparent shields, perfect shots but nothing hits, i was like "what?!"

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,217 battles

Battleship RNG will not make you consistantly miss full salvos at something like a Kirov unless it's bow on.

Crappy aiming will make you miss like that (admittedly some angles are a lot harder than others).

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

you can also play operations\scenarios to improve your aiming skills.  the AI for the BOTs can be way more evasive than a lot of human boat drivers. 

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles
Just now, Captain_Dorja said:

Battleship RNG will not make you consistantly miss full salvos at something like a Kirov unless it's bow on.

Crappy aiming will make you miss like that (admittedly some angles are a lot harder than others).

it was side on

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles
1 minute ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

it was side on

I think at this point it's just RNG trolling you. Or a you problem.

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,433 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

I think at this point it's just RNG trolling you. Or a you problem.

Not a ME problem since I know how to play the game, but the fact that his ship was sitting still, no smoke out of the stacks, i aimed for his mid-ships and every shot missed, it just doesn't make me wanna play BB's at all, I have a better time with CA's then BB's.

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles

Take a breather and get back at it.

My problem with the Texas was what I called the *CV curse*. Play 5 battles one am and see CVs every battle. Great, bring on the Texas and voilá! No CVs. time after time,. I finally sold her. lol

Members
217 posts
2,039 battles
22 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Actually, in a Texas that's pretty common. At one point I shot a DD at probably 3 KM head on and every shot went to side of the DD. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,278 posts
17,318 battles
25 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

Not a ME problem since I know how to play the game, but the fact that his ship was sitting still, no smoke out of the stacks, i aimed for his mid-ships and every shot missed, it just doesn't make me wanna play BB's at all, I have a better time with CA's then BB's.

See this so much it’s not even funny.

Target rams island; dead stopped, totally broadside, inside 10k from my battleship, ‘you’re mine sucker!’

Everything is overs or shorts with ZERO hits, shots fly off everywhere for God only knows what reason, or I watch the salvo fall perfectly along the length of the ship...

...all overpens; not a single citadel.

Such a load of tripe.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,156 posts
14,555 battles

LOL Tier V and below Battleship gunnery is actually a joke, in general.

Tier VI they start to get scary.  Arizona, Fuso, Warspite are great examples at Tier VI.  And they only get more powerful every subsequent tier.

Tier V is home to a number of joke Battleships like New York, Texas (her only good quality is that ridiculous AA).  Konig is good to go, but Kongo has been power creeped.  Bretagne has worse armor than New York and that says a lot! :Smile_teethhappy:Caesar is freaking amazing but she's a Premium.  Except for Konig, the tech tree BBs are a joke.

Once you're past the joke of Tier V Tech Tree BBs, it gets much better.  Don't quit, keep plowing through.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL Tier V and below Battleship gunnery is actually a joke, in general.

Tier VI they start to get scary.  Arizona, Fuso, Warspite are great examples at Tier VI.  And they only get more powerful every subsequent tier.

Tier V is home to a number of joke Battleships like New York, Texas (here only good quality is that ridiculous AA).  Konig is good to go, but Kongo has been power creeped.  Bretagne has worse armor than New York and that says a lot! :Smile_teethhappy:Caesar is freaking amazing but she's a Premium.  Except for Konig, the tech tree BBs are a joke.

Once you're past the joke of Tier V Tech Tree BBs, it gets much better.  Don't quit, keep plowing through.

All I know is I hated BBs until I bought Caesar and Scharnhorst. I know...they cost money but they are pretty OP and Scharn reloads as fast as many cruisers. I can't stand the low speeds and eternal reload time of most BBs.  Totally boring IMO.  As stated BBs below tier V are a slow moving slow reload joke IMO. Honestly I don't know how players play em...but each to their own.

Edited by dmckay

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,156 posts
14,555 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

All I know is I hated BBs until I bought Caesar and Scharnhorst. I know...they cost money but they are pretty OP and Scharn reloads as fast as many cruisers. I can't stand the low speeds and eternal reload time of most BBs.  Totally boring IMO.  As stated BBs below tier V are a slow moving slow reload joke IMO. Honestly I don't know how players play em...but each to their own.

For Tier V, the harsh thing is that the Tech Tree BBs in general are hot garbage, and it's become obvious that the Premiums are the most competitive, i.e. Caesar.

7F47ZZ4.jpg

You can see that in the Battles Played of Caesar.  Bretagne is the odd one, but that is solely because people are working the new French BB Line.

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles

Want fun and action in tiers 3-4-5? Play cruisers.  Fun fun fun. 

crusies

Edited by dmckay

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
2 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Stop playing the US battleship line if you don't like bad accuracy. (all battleships have pretty RNG salvoes from time to time, but some are worse than others). 

cough early tier german bbs cough 

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I'm betting the OP's aim was higher than he thought due to how close the enemy was. It's an easy mistake to make when your guns don't traverse as well. You usually have adjust your aim. I know there's a picture or two out there to illustrate what i mean but i cannot find it.