Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BURN_Miner

Aggressive BB in Ranks gets you downvoted. lol

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

So, this "player" goes on and on in chat about an enemy Yammy and how good he is.

Me in my GK I figure, meh, is what it is and I'll see what I can do. So we push a cap and flush out their Shimi with "that" Yammy hiding behind an island and the ability to fire on me. I have no where to go due to their Shimi perma-spotting me and the Yammy firing on me.

So I push, trying to force a play before the Shimi has time to reload. Our X52 (who capped), is still behind a small island, not spotting or anything, starts in on me. Spamming the "Get Back" macro, then the berating begins.

He lays smoke down, but expects me to "sit" in the smoke... Really??? Yelling at me "DON'T PUSH!!" He also had a "friend" on board with him with his onslaught against me, that was in my previous match who beached in his Hindy, got annihilated by a Mino, then proceeded to literally berate and smear the entire team for the loss, but I digress.

I did engage back and in not such nice terms as it came down to that. Normally I don't but, one can only take so much, especially when it is habitual from some people as was the case with the one guy.

I did thank both of them after the match for the down votes to my Karma. I noticed I received 2 negatives, so I gave them a little "thank for the down vote, only 107 more until I am even, but next time try minding your own ship and maybe the outcome will be different".

 

What I don't get though is, I know when to push and when not to. I also know if I screw up, I will own it, but good lord, when did this double standard "push, don't push, where's my support it's not within 0.5km from me" /rage mentality come from? It hasn't always been here nor has it always been in ranked. I've played every Season of Ranked with the exception of 8, and I even played the trial Season. I've also played the random "team battles" before Clan battles were introduced.

When did it get this bad? I mean, I've even seen people rage at the team during a solid (500+ point) win.

  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[CK5]
Members
808 posts
6,608 battles

Welcome to the "Read my mind and play the way I want you to play" style of warships.  If it is any consolation, with that team you would have also been down voted if you had stayed in the back and sniped.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles

one question: did you  sink "that" yammy?

 

if you didnt, it wasn't "aggressive play", it was "yolo and throw"

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
444 posts
18,784 battles

I stopped caring about what people had to say right about the time........No wait......Nope I never have really cared about what people think....Its just a game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[INTEL]
Members
808 posts
8,353 battles

Yeah? Try playing a Kutuzov. I lost 10 karma in three cosecutive wins while topping the xp board in all three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
13 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

one question: did you  sink "that" yammy?

 

if you didnt, it wasn't "aggressive play", it was "yolo and throw"

You can call it what you will, but you weren't there now were you and I only told part of the story... lol

No I didn't "sink the Yammy", though he was moving out of his "sit and camp to damage everyone" position.

Had I had literally any support, I could have, easily... But, come to your own conclusion as they did...

They had it in their mind to have me sit in open water and get shelled by the Yammy and/or torped by the Shimi while we hold the cap.

I can't hit what I can't see on both ships right? No one was spotting either ship.

 

EDIT: Your assertion to me equates to the guy that suddenly looks down at the mini-map and see's a ship that is now out of position, but getting back into position and then flying off the handle at him. Regardless of what they did in the prior 5 minutes... lol Situational awareness as often as one can have it is a wonderful thing, not just selectively.

Edited by BURN_Miner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
32 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

 

Tried to edit my edit and it posted.. Oh well, regardless, here's the EDIT I intended to post after the aboved edit.

Second EDIT: lol Looks like 2 people don't like BB's pushing... hhmm, appears PrairiePlayer was right.. I was damned either way.

Edited by BURN_Miner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
707 posts
4,408 battles

Everything about this scenario screams that you pushed needlessly, overextended, and died for little to no gain. 

 

Edited by Rocketpacman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
1 hour ago, BURN_Miner said:

So, this "player" goes on and on in chat about an enemy Yammy and how good he is.

Me in my GK I figure, meh, is what it is and I'll see what I can do. So we push a cap and flush out their Shimi with "that" Yammy hiding behind an island and the ability to fire on me. I have no where to go due to their Shimi perma-spotting me and the Yammy firing on me.

So I push, trying to force a play before the Shimi has time to reload. Our X52 (who capped), is still behind a small island, not spotting or anything, starts in on me. Spamming the "Get Back" macro, then the berating begins.

He lays smoke down, but expects me to "sit" in the smoke... Really??? Yelling at me "DON'T PUSH!!" He also had a "friend" on board with him with his onslaught against me, that was in my previous match who beached in his Hindy, got annihilated by a Mino, then proceeded to literally berate and smear the entire team for the loss, but I digress.

I did engage back and in not such nice terms as it came down to that. Normally I don't but, one can only take so much, especially when it is habitual from some people as was the case with the one guy.

I did thank both of them after the match for the down votes to my Karma. I noticed I received 2 negatives, so I gave them a little "thank for the down vote, only 107 more until I am even, but next time try minding your own ship and maybe the outcome will be different".

 

What I don't get though is, I know when to push and when not to. I also know if I screw up, I will own it, but good lord, when did this double standard "push, don't push, where's my support it's not within 0.5km from me" /rage mentality come from? It hasn't always been here nor has it always been in ranked. I've played every Season of Ranked with the exception of 8, and I even played the trial Season. I've also played the random "team battles" before Clan battles were introduced.

When did it get this bad? I mean, I've even seen people rage at the team during a solid (500+ point) win.

WG should let you buy karma in the prem shop so that you can up vote yourself after matches.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Everything about this scenario screams that you pushed needlessly, overextended, and died for little to no gain. 

 

Oh no doubt I died for no gain, as it sits and in it's current form...

My point to the whole thing was, if people do nothing but complain as they have been for years about BB's not pushing, and in this scenario IE: a Yammy being able to shell me without me being able to return fire and a Shimi being able to torp me without me being able to see it, what options did I have?

I offered to go to the "J" line, but died in the process of turning around. Guess what to... Torps and the Yammy.. By the way, the Yammy never came out of concealment when he fired the killing shots. So there's always that.

However, if the DD didn't just "sit" behind the island for 3 minutes and the cruisers circle a bit IE: support, I could have flushed the Yammy from his hiding spot and kill the guy and maybe the Shimi would have died in the process.

Edited by BURN_Miner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,544
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

There is a thin line between pushing as needed and being too aggressive. I believe most of us would like to see BB mains find that line vs sniping from the extreme rear.

Not having the GK, I can only go by observation, but they seem to ve more powerful towards the mid and late game as distances close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
730 posts
3,915 battles

OP, welcome to the German higher tier Battleship conundrum (especially if secondary specced).

My first tier 10 ship was the Großer Kurfürst; first 19 point captain too.  I LOVE German BBs (though, I must admit, I never got the hang of the FDG), and although my "best" games are in cruisers, my only two Krakens [one in ranked no less] are in my Scharnhorst.

Gneisenau, Tirpitz, Bismarck...  These beasties are just so much fun (Battleships in general are fun for me)...  But, the guns of German BBs, range-wise and accuracy-wise; not red-line snipers...  You gotta get in there...

 

But, and my less than decent stats will attest to this, "getting in there" should be about 16km to start.  If you can hang back a little and support your DDs while they spot for you, and you, in return bully cruisers trying to sink those charming little fellers, and stay alive in the process [unless I am much mistaken] until the end game when you can just bow-on bully NON-secondary BBs and draw their fire while your cruisers set them on fire and your DDs and CVs blaze and flood them...

Mischief managed I'd say...

But, I get impatient too often.  When I remain calm, all is good.  When I don't?  Well, let's just say there's a Yammy always in my back pocket ready to blow a hole in my stern.

 

Good luck OP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×