Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dross3x3

WOWS punishment system for being disconnected

7 comments in this topic

[USA1]
Members
27 posts
11,551 battles

On two occasions I was punished because the game crashed and I was disconnected. I understand that WOWS can tell when you are AFK so why can they not tell when you have been disconnected and are trying to reestablish the connection!?!?!?!?! Why is there no posted why to appeal such punishment? Why do WOWS punish both players when one rams the other intentionally? Should there not be system where the player that was rammed is not punished. I had two ships come from port  and starboard sandwich me between them and I received a warning and had points taken away from me for their deeds.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Being pink is not punishment it's just a warning to be careful and doesn't affect your gameplay. Only orange is punishment. 

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,418 battles

If you keep disconnecting you are hurting other players.  Instead of barreling ahead with a bad connection figure out what the problem is.

[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles

You should probably thing of this as a first release system which is designed to do the most good without eating up a lot of compute cycles and generally creating a lot of work for WG.  I would expect that, as time goes by, they will find a doable way of efficiently determining whether a player has been disconnected (and not disconnected their system on purpose) and one who has actually gone AFK.  Until then, this is a decent start. 

As for punishment, yes you have a pink ship, and when you damage another friendly ship you're going to lose a matching amount of damage to what that ship suffered.  As long as you aren't unleashing full broadsides or torp spreads at your allies this will be a minuscule amount of damage and won't impact your gameplay one way or the other.  Other ships don't suffer this penalty as they are not under a warning.  Yes I know that getting rammed and having even this small penalty assessed against you is frustrating or having your pink status extended, but Pink is temporary and with proper treatment, it will go away.

When you are actually really getting punished, you know because you'll get increasingly stern warnings possibly followed by exile in Co-op mode and potential banning from the game.  That is not going to happen unless you are a regular AFK or TK offender because that is what it's going to take before you actually receive any real "punishment".  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
88 posts
2,659 battles

They already know if you are not loaded in. Turrets of ship that aren't loaded aren't turned at all. Still punishes you for game crashes.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

AFK is AFK, punishment system working as intended, regardless of your reasons of why you were AFK

Members
599 posts

Que Bad Boys Theme.......

Bad connection means we don’t want to play with you....

WOWs is perfect it never crashes. 

You violated the Colregs a.k.a Nautical Rules of the Road therefore you are pink. Please do one of the following:

1.Attend a four year Naval / Merchant Marine Accademy

2. Enlist as a Quartermaster in the Navy

3. Watch the 15 minute YouTube video on Nautical Rulesof the Road.

Being the Captain of an imaginary online computer game warship requires you take responsibility for your Computer and connection.  WOWs will do the rest.

My job is done here.....now to the daily submarine thread......

Sign in to follow this