Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

New German Captain - Build Opinions (Poll!)

Which captain skills for my secondaries focused Gneisenau with the new German captain (see post)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which captain skills for my secondaries focuses Gneisenau with the new German captain (see post)

• Manual Secondaries but no High Alert
    • High Alert + Adrenaline Rush but no Manual Secondaries
    • Drop Basic Firing Training to get Manual Secondaries, High Alert, and Preventative Maintenance
    • I don't have an opinion I just like to vote in polls
    • Make the new captain a dedicated Bayern captain instead with Option 2 above.

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

I'm excited about the new German captain coming out that is giving bonuses to Vigilance and Jack of All Trades.  Right now I'm leaning towards using it at a Gneisenau captain, since I stole that one when I went ahead and got GK.

I want a strong secondary build, but I'm debating between 100% secondary focus, or a split build Secondaries & Survivability.

Here are the skills I am definitely taking:

Priority Target
Jack of All Trades * Enhanced Captain Skill
Expert Marksman
Vigilance * Enhanced Captain Skill
Advanced Firing Training

I'm also leaning towards Basic Firing Training as it offers quite an increase to AA power (plus a little buff to Secondary ROF), which is something Gneisenau can benefit from.

So that leaves a choice between:

High Alert + Adrenaline Rush to make fires REALLY have a tough time damaging me, plus a nice to have with the AR

or

Manual Secondaries - If you're going to go with Secondaries, go big.

I could also get the Manual Secondaries, but drop Basic Firing Training to get High Alert + Preventative Maintenance at the expense of AA and a little bit of secondary firepower.

What say ye?

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles

MS and BFT are the prime secondary spec skills imo. So I would look towards getting those. I don't think preventative maintenance is worthwhile on battleships, and I don't think it effects your secondary battery.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

MS and BFT are the prime secondary spec skills imo. So I would look towards getting those. I don't think preventative maintenance is worthwhile on battleships, and I don't think it effects your secondary battery.

So that would be a vote for Option #1 then.  OK, thanks!

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles

I am not that excited about these new legendary captains that are coming.  Not because I think they're a bad idea.  Quite the opposite.  My problem is that I've already ground out all of the tier 10's, except for the CVs and am close-ish to having 19 point captains in each of them. 

It just feels like these legendary captains are rather late to the party, so to speak.  The only one that I can foresee getting some value out of may be the US captain, since I might put him into the ships of the CL line and grind him up, though I don't know if his enhanced skills will be appropriate for a light cruiser.

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

I think that Preventive Maintenance can be a great skill for torpedo DDs.  Why?  Because whenever you take damage to a torp launcher that's in the process of loading torps, it resets the reload process back to 0.  But if you have PM, it should protect you from taking torp launcher damage and prevent you from losing torp reload time.  Actually, the same could be said for any ship that has torp launchers, like German cruisers or certain German BBs.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,121 posts
14,519 battles

Will there be a Royal Navy consumable to feed German captains false intelligence and make them scuttle their ship at the start of the match?

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles

OP just look at ship comrade and you will see what builds people voted for. 

also, secondary builds are bad (but fun)

Sign in to follow this