You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Best of the Best

19 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

There are so many battles each day.

I propose a battle mode for the best of the best.

Top winner of every battle is tagged for the title at the Tier they won in the ship they played.

Once a month those players will receive an invite in-game to the Best of the Best Competition.

Times will be flexible for all who accept the challenge. {Multiple Time zone choices}

The MM will put together the teams by the EXP/Damage  with W/R and WTR  numbers earned in the qualifying Win .

To qualify the Player must be Top winner of 10 games {with the same ship}

Best of the Best will be +0-0  for each Tier that the Player is qualified .

7V7 Battles with 10 min. limit . No win bonus added Raw Numbers only.

Top two players advance  bottom 12 are disqualified from further advancement.

All participants will  be rewarded with  Flag {No Bonus} 1 Super Container

Top 100 will be awarded  a 5% post battle cost reduction Flag{Flag not signal} ,10 Super containers, and a 19 point captain {User choice of Nation}

I thought of this while watching Traffic during a smoke break.{ Go Figure}

I know this would involve the Devs hours of Coding and it wouldn't be cheap.

I do want your input on such a thread as this. Keep it Constructive Please!

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol sounds a lot like Ranked in many ways.

only with this it is single elimination. Fast sweet and to the point.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

So a Pubstar Bowl? Could be fun for people who like maxing out their stats, but I'm not sold that this is what constitutes the "Best of the Best".

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
44 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Top winner of every battle is tagged for the title at the Tier they won in the ship they played.

Once a month those players will receive an invite in-game to the Best of the Best Competition.

Times will be flexible for all who accept the challenge. {Multiple Time zone choices}

The MM will put together the teams by the EXP/Damage  with W/R and WTR  numbers earned in the qualifying Win .

Top 100 will be awarded  a 5% post battle cost reduction Flag{Flag not signal} ,10 Super containers, and a 19 point captain {User choice of Nation}

You didn't think of this while watching The Best of the Best?

Top finish in 10 games in one ship is a hard bar for people who like to play a lot of different ships.  Might not get many people focused on qualifying at the expense of their normal play.  How about just top finish in 10 games regardless of ship, then you can use any of the ships you played.  Might want to limit to tiers 8-10 just to keep it all in the same MM bracket.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Once a month 30 days to make any One Ship top winner is not that hard.

I was worried of the multiple ships a player could get to qualify.

Restricting it to just a few Tiers is not inclusive of all players.{Co-Op players could qualify as well with Exp / Damage W/R WTR all for match-ups by MM}

I suggested this because of the  huge amount of players who play only one tier ship.{there are some who never leave Tier 1 or other favorite Tiers}

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Another game mode that i'd never get to play. Something most of us wouldn't. The ships would have to be exact mirrors in order to distinguish the "skill" part. Otherwise the whole point of this is moot.

Dunno man there's some bugs to work out.

[-BMV-]
Members
205 posts
13,612 battles
50 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Lol, unlike ranked who many claim is competitive gameplay, this suggestion is actually the very definition of a competitive gaming. For the ones that want a true tournament, where ONLY 1 Player is crowned best, this would be a dream type of game (although i dont see you suggesting awarding a N#1 BEST PLAYER OF NA/ALL SERVERS) and one they are actually expecting.

Your proposal is good, and although i have absolutely no desire on participating in something like this, im all for supporting additional types of games to keep WOWS alive and giving incentive to new players. :cap_like:

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
2 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

additional types of games to keep WOWS alive and giving incentive to new players.

Things like this would be veteran player dominated. New players wouldn't have a hope. Infact they might get the opposite from this.

Problem i see with this kind of mode is that its not going to be mainstream enough. Making content for a small group of players instead of something that everyone could play is a huge gamble. That's time lost to most other players in terms of content.

• Cool 1

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,892 battles

it'd be a nice change of pace from randoms which are the worst of the worst.

tired of suffering through matches with the knowledge that its not a fight between champions, but a drunken bumfight instead.  nobody wins in randoms.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Things like this would be veteran player dominated. New players wouldn't have a hope. Infact they might get the opposite from this.

Problem i see with this kind of mode is that its not going to be mainstream enough. Making content for a small group of players instead of something that everyone could play is a huge gamble. That's time lost to most other players in terms of content.

I do see what your saying. The MM based in W/R and WTR with Exp and Damage numbers from the ships qualified. Could lead to Mirror effect. But as I think about it the Stats are from only the ships that qualified for those 10 battles, not the players padded stats over all.

[-BMV-]
Members
205 posts
13,612 battles
9 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Things like this would be veteran player dominated. New players wouldn't have a hope. Infact they might get the opposite from this

Yeah you're right, i dint saw it that way.

Thing is, something like this is expected to happen in the future, almost all online games do this tournaments in some way or another, and im not talking of team based tournaments were you chose the best team, but a player based tournament to chose the best individual player.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
8,992 battles

With a few tweaks, I think it would be a workable idea that would add another layer to the game. I'm all for it.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,038 battles

Intriguing idea. 

Couple of logistical issues: 

• If you qualify for multiple ships, what happens, do you get multiple invites (i.e. one per ship, or is it one per player/account)?
  • Seeing how difficult is was to schedule Clan Battles, scheduling matches can be problematic.  Especially if there are more players in say the East Coast v. West Coast (or worse Alaska/Hawaii.) 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Intriguing idea. 

Couple of logistical issues: 

• If you qualify for multiple ships, what happens, do you get multiple invites (i.e. one per ship, or is it one per player/account)?
  • Seeing how difficult is was to schedule Clan Battles, scheduling matches can be problematic.  Especially if there are more players in say the East Coast v. West Coast (or worse Alaska/Hawaii.) 

Yes you would get for each ship that qualified an invite for that ship. Your choice of ships and time allotted will determine how many ships you could play.

The scheduling is open to all time zones One 24 hour period on given date of the play offs {Play at the time that best fits your gaming time} Like making a Dr's Appt, You schedule it. If nobody is in that time slot you win by default and advance. If only two players reserved that time the battle becomes 1V1 Winners need to be present and ready for battle at your scheduled time/times. This idea has many tweaks needed. I can't  do it alone that is why all the input from you guys is important.

[SIDE]
Members
1,436 posts
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

only with this it is single elimination. Fast sweet and to the point.

Or...

crud.

I had a super good, genius level epiphany that would have completely raised the caliber of this game and created a long lasting, near nirvana experience for all who played it. 

I just forgot it...

It had nothing to do with raising the level of epen nerd rage pixel elitism that is already creeping into the game.

Edited by thebigblue

[LHG]
Members
1,657 posts
4,930 battles
48 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

If you were going to do something like this, you'd need to make it very very broad at it's base, otherwise you're right, it would be a lot of effort to spend on a very small minority of the gaming population.  

I if you wanted to do something like this, you could go into player stats which are available, have someone pick who was the "best of the best", invite them and set up the tournament through the training rooms that way.  That way it doesn't cost WG anything, you just use the tools you already have available to you.  

I'm not sure how well it would work as a game mode though.  Teams would have a built in incentive to not only defeat the other team, but to also make sure that members of their own team don't do well so that they end up in the top two.  That would create some dynamics that I'm not sure most people would appreciate.  In the end, you wouldn't be the "best of the best", you'd most likely end up with the "best of the yolos".  

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
3 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

If you were going to do something like this, you'd need to make it very very broad at it's base, otherwise you're right, it would be a lot of effort to spend on a very small minority of the gaming population.  

I if you wanted to do something like this, you could go into player stats which are available, have someone pick who was the "best of the best", invite them and set up the tournament through the training rooms that way.  That way it doesn't cost WG anything, you just use the tools you already have available to you.  

I'm not sure how well it would work as a game mode though.  Teams would have a built in incentive to not only defeat the other team, but to also make sure that members of their own team don't do well so that they end up in the top two.  That would create some dynamics that I'm not sure most people would appreciate.  In the end, you wouldn't be the "best of the best", you'd most likely end up with the "best of the yolos".  

It would need to be a team ladder system. The only way to discern someone's skill on their own is solo matches.

I think clans kinda has this covered.

I want to see death match games. No cap points just plain fighting. :Smile_izmena:

Now THAT is a game mode i'd like to see.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

So many different takes on my Idea.

All good sound suggestions.

As the thread moves forward maybe we as a collective {Borg} will come up with a better way and better mode for battle.

I thought of a few as I read this thread.

Beginning of every month a check box is added to your UI {save my stats of battles for Best of Best} or not interested}

Choose the ships your best in for the Best of the Best then Qualify in them.In either Random or Co-Op {your Choice Not Both}

These ships will be Tagged as eligible.

The stats will be zeroed and saved as you progress for that month  W/R and WTR Damage and Exp. Ships eligible will not accumulate Stats for normal Play Stats.  The eligible ships will be frozen so the player can resume  his stats when event is done.with the event stats added.

Once you are eliminated the ship is released to normal status and stats will be added to your account.

Players will have two sets of stats for each ship selected one set for normal play {Saved}

The second set starts at Zero and is accumulated during the qualifying and  Best of the Best. Battles.

Co-Op players will be able to participate but the Best of the Best here will stay in Co-Op only and Fight improved AI in the Best of the Best Co-Op.

This is just to include all players playing their preferred Mode .

All stats for regular play with a eligible ship will be added to your stats at the conclusion of your participation . {Eliminated}

2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said: