You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aura_Reaver

Scharnhorst coming back?

22 comments in this topic

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Unfortunately the most advanced warning you usually get is the teaser hints at the first of the month on the monthly mission post. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I bet we'll see it in the prem shop again before we see the T-61  :Smile_teethhappy:

[NBKS]
Members
29 posts
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Unfortunately the most advanced warning you usually get is the teaser hints at the first of the month on the monthly mission post. 

i hope it soon cuz in the Sharnhorst i need it or i will explode. it happens to me sometimes

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,087 battles
23 minutes ago, Aura_Reaver said:

i hope it soon cuz in the Sharnhorst i need it or i will explode. it happens to me sometimes

Eat fewer beans.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
5 minutes ago, Aura_Reaver said:

i want a gir

Who doesn't though?

1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

remove Tirpitz and drive people insane.

You live dangerously.  How would 10-match players get into Tier X games then??

-R

PS: I still love seeing "That BB has TORPS??!?" in chat on the odd occasion it happens.  Much more of a novelty these days.

• Funny 1

Members
4,569 posts
6,515 battles

I HAVE it.  I suck a lot but I don't suck in it. I don't want it to come back!  It's too good. Too many players will buy it and make my life HELL.  Just kidding!  Hope you all get a chance to get her if ya want her. Damn thing can kill you in 3 ways.  Guns, good secondaries and fast torps in close....6K or less if you can get closer.  Hell of a knife fighter.  Love her.

Edited by dmckay

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles
1 hour ago, Aura_Reaver said:

anyone know when the Scharnhorst will be back for sale. since coming back to the game i wanna buy it. 

The soonest? Potentially during the this months german themed missions.

The most likely? As soon as you decide you don't want it anymore and spend the money on something else. :)

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

As soon as you decide you don't want it anymore

Not ... want ... Scharnhorst?  I don't even understand how those words make grammatical sense when assembled in such a manner.

-R

[NBKS]
Members
29 posts
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I HAVE it.  I suck a lot but I don't suck in it. I don't want it to come back!  It's too good. Too many players will buy it and make my life HELL.  Just kidding!  Hope you all get a chance to get her if ya want her. Damn thing can kill you in 3 ways.  Guns, good secondaries and fast torps in close....6K or less if you can get closer.  Hell of a knife fighter.  Love her.

now I'm jealous can i borrow it for like a few battles? i promise ill give it back i swear :P

3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

The soonest? Potentially during the this months german themed missions.

The most likely? As soon as you decide you don't want it anymore and spend the money on something else. :)

nope they wont get me like that i have the money put aside just for that ship :)

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,013 battles
2 hours ago, Aura_Reaver said:

anyone know when the Scharnhorst will be back for sale. since coming back to the game i wanna buy it. 

Unless it comes at some point earlier than this I would expect Scharnhorst to return in the very least around Black Friday in November or around Christmas in December. This past Christmas Wargaming brought back a lot of ships for a little while.

Members
559 posts
2,431 battles

When is the Missouri coming back? I still wouldn't spend $$, but I would grind really really hard for it. They removed after I had been playing about 6 weeks. I was 700k free xp short.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
11 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

I was 700k free xp short.

dang...so close

• Funny 1

Members
3,813 posts
14,132 battles

I love my Scharnie! When you have Scharnhorst, what other tier 7 BB do ya need? To me she's a Heavy Cruiser with Battleship armor and, IMHO, is the best brawler in game. :Smile_izmena:

Sharn will become available again I'm sure, and she's worth the wait. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
3 hours ago, Aura_Reaver said:

11 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I love my Scharnie! When you have Scharnhorst, what other tier 7 BB do ya need? To me she's a Heavy Cruiser with Battleship armor and, IMHO, is the best brawler in game. :Smile_izmena:

Sharn will become available again I'm sure, and she's worth the wait. :Smile_great:

So I'm gonna say. . . Scharnhorst is definitely more flexible and a fantastic ship.  I played the hell out of mine.

. . . but when it comes to a dedicated brawler, I've come to believe the Gneisenau with a heavy secondary build, is actually better than the Scharnhorst.

• Cool 1

Members
3,813 posts
14,132 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

So I'm gonna say. . . Scharnhorst is definitely more flexible and a fantastic ship.  I played the hell out of mine.

. . . but when it comes to a dedicated brawler, I've come to believe the Gneisenau with a heavy secondary build, is actually better than the Scharnhorst.

Gneisenau is a mighty brawler herself but Sharn has more guns in main battery, faster reload, and faster turret rotation. IMHO, those give Scharn a notable edge over G-now in knife fights.

Hell, one cant go wrong with either bote for brawling. :cap_like:

Members
4,569 posts
6,515 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Scharn turned my pathetic far from stellar career around in WoWs and in life. Before I got her I was despondent.  Depressed.  Massive drug and alcohol abuse. Homeless. Living under a bridge with PC run by tapping illegibly into cable and power lines. I was going nowhere. I was on a fast train to the Big House. Getting her turned my life around. :Smile_izmena:  I got 3 ships I do pretty good in and she is one of them cept I had a horrible nite last Friday and that hurt.  Horrible night.

When I get in close with her I am confident of winning the brawl with another BB if I have some decent health left. Firing all main guns, have secondaries built for accuracy, THEN when I am within 3km I let go those torps set on narrow spread. Just can't hardly miss a big BB. Often hit with all 3. I swear, seems some BB players don't know you got torps. Not kidding. Also she kills cruisers FAST. I really don't like chasing DDs with her.  They so sneaky and invisible they can torp you and ruin your day. If they are easy kills that I don't have to spend time messing with I do kill em...if I can hit em.  Some very good DD players out there now. I tend to leave em to other DDs and cruisers unless there are a lot of them in a match.

Edited by dmckay
  • Funny 1

Members
4,569 posts
6,515 battles
56 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Gneisenau is a mighty brawler herself but Sharn has more guns in main battery, faster reload, and faster turret rotation. IMHO, those give Scharn a notable edge over G-now in knife fights.

Hell, one cant go wrong with either bote for brawling. :cap_like:

I have watched Gneisenau lots in battle.  Great ship. Would also like to get her but I also don't think she is quite as good as Scharn.  Of course I have never played her but she's very good.