You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Paintpro_1

THANK YOU WG!!!!! Not sarcasm either

16 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

I’d just like to come out and thank wg for the free 1000 doubloons!!!! I’ve maybe tried TYL a handful of times since picking signal flags seemed better choice... anyways i have tons of flags now thanks to ranked matches so I tried TYL after a month of not picking it and they gave me a SC!!!! 1000 doubloons!!!! 

Has anyone else got lucky randomly selecting TYL even though you haven’t picked it in a long time? 

• Cool 4

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles

I always choose TYL. I have more flags than I'll ever use and plenty of premiums for credit grinding. There are some great rewards available from super containers, so I'll take the best odds on getting those.

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I once got back to back SCs that rewarded me 25 mil credits total ;)

Of course, that was back when they were awesome.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
13 minutes ago, Paintpro_1 said:

Has anyone else got lucky randomly selecting TYL even though you haven’t picked it in a long time? 

Yup this morning I got a Super Container with 100 India Delta! TYL.

• Cool 1

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,558 battles

I got 50K free XP from one over the weekend.  First SC I'd seen in months.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,114 battles
40 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I once got back to back SCs that rewarded me 25 mil credits total ;)

Of course, that was back when they were awesome.

Awww the good old days, I remember......

Alpha Tester
1,960 posts

Since I'm not grinding anything, I've been choosing TYL since its introduction. SCs are rare and the chances of something actually 'super' appearing is even rarer. It really takes alot of patience. I've gotten several 1k doubloons and 50k fxp. In over a year of opening TYL containers I've received three premium ships, the latest being Belfast in October of last year.

MWftEfJ.png

46kg7AF.jpg

p5yx858.jpg

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

I almost always go with TYL.  I have gotten a fair number of super containers, although most of them didn't contain anything 'super' (and so far, no premium ships).  Free is free, but for their scarcity I think they should contain stuff that doesn't immediately disappoint after the initial rush of finally getting a super container.  7+ days of premium time, 1,000+ doubloons, premium ships, 20k+ Free XP, $5M+ silver, good premium consumables, and special signals would all be welcomed in a super container.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,222 battles

Nice ... and Congrats!

[KFL]
Members
559 posts
2,406 battles

Well I'm grinding credits so I don't want the random crap that TYL usually gives. Or the random crap that SC usually gives. I don't expect WG to cut their own throat by giving away a lot of premium ships. 1k dubs is nice I guess. However, the credits boxes also give a lot of random crap and not a lot of credits, average about half credits half garbage. Boxes in this game are kind of a tease. When I started playing, I got signals and consumables boxes. But then I realized the box of credits was more than I was getting from battles. I guess TYL still gives something even if you don't get a SC. Math and statistics are my strong point, but idk what to do with the box options. It's hard to run signals and consumables when you lose credits in a battle, besides the value of the consumables themselves. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

7+ days of premium time, 1,000+ doubloons, premium ships, 20k+ Free XP, $5M+ silver, good premium consumables, and special signals would all be welcomed in a super container.

I recently picked up 21 free premium days (in 2 lots, 7 and 14) and last year grabbed 50,000 Free XP. The 21 days came at a really good time, and I got a lot done; the 50K free XP are still unspent, and I have managed since then to accumulate another 70,000 through various containers, prizes (Shipsmas 2017) and combat. What to spend it on, I have no idea. (Given the amount I must surely have locked up in my ships, the Nelson begins to suggest itself.)

Right now I am mostly spamming the consumables option, since I'm playing the Edinburgh and Tier VIII is expensive (it's a step up after the Fiji, that's for sure). The fewer times I have to pay out 50K silver per battle, the better. At least with the Cleveland when she moves up, I won't continually be using up heal and smoke.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,430 posts
2,396 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What to spend it on, I have no idea. (Given the amount I must surely have locked up in my ships, the Nelson begins to suggest itself.)

If you haven't already, unlock Baltimore (167,000).  It will fall into range of Clan discount to buy and you will have unlocked Buffalo also.  That's where half my current stash is going.

I also spam Consumables.  In an analysis of the data from Cluch_Cargo, I calculated that spamming TYL for 12 weeks gets you 5 more SCs than the other choices.  Only one of those SCs is something other than flags or camo.  Meanwhile, if you chose Signals and Camo, you get (800?) more flags plus 245 other things, like FXP, slots, Doubloons, etc.  Long-term TYL makes no sense, statistically.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
11 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

If you haven't already, unlock Baltimore (167,000).  It will fall into range of Clan discount to buy and you will have unlocked Buffalo also.  That's where half my current stash is going.

I also spam Consumables.  In an analysis of the data from Cluch_Cargo, I calculated that spamming TYL for 12 weeks gets you 5 more SCs than the other choices.  Only one of those SCs is something other than flags or camo.  Meanwhile, if you chose Signals and Camo, you get (800?) more flags plus 245 other things, like FXP, slots, Doubloons, etc.  Long-term TYL makes no sense, statistically.

I don't even have the current T7 Pensacola unlocked (Cleveland has about 20K XP on her). Once she drops into my port as a T6 (assuming they do not go crazy and decide to give me the Dallas instead), I intend to enjoy a slow, leisurely grind up the US heavy cruiser line.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Personally... and this really is just my opinion as far as I know... I think the frequency of SooperContainers should average at least once per player every so many matches played. Or matches played and won. In randoms. In Coop I'd double or maybe triple the requirements as you can usually play at least two maybe three matches in 20 minutes, depending upon your aggression level. 

Lastsuper container was before Christmas. Just got one this morning after making the first xp hurdle. Ready? 25 Red Dragons.

I just checked (quote) and yeah my last SC was February 1st this year. I usually clear 2 of 3 containers each day. Only premium time I use is free premium time. I've often wondered if premium time plays any role in the awarding of SC's... looking at my earlier posts, it seems one comes around about every two to four months. 

I do not take the TYL simply because I'm a cheap so and so... taking camo or consumables and occasionally the money. I do get goodies like 500 freexp,  port slots and more slots... and i have an absurd number of reserve cmdr slots... will never use them. In prior years yea, I've done well with free ships - ah, the good old days... 

So I'm happy when someone scores as I know how infrequently a good one comes my way.  Congrats, enjoy it and sailor on.