You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Proposed change to the AFK and TK punishment system.

33 comments in this topic

Members
868 posts
10 battles

Banishing TK'ers and AFK players to COOP has created some controversy, especially within the COOP community which according to some makes up 30% of the community. I propose a change to the system to avoid offending a part of the community and might even work better in my opinion.

First, if a player has not loaded into a game or has gone afk for a certain period they change to Yellow status. Once they are yellow they are considered neutral targets and can be farmed for damage and points by anyone. That was if a team has an AFK player they can kill them and score points toward the objective. It does not make up for playing a player short but it can help a bit, farming them for points can keep you in the game a little longer.

Second, once you have achieved Yellow status through being AFK or team killing you will be in Yellow status for the duration of the penalty, any damage done to a teammate is automatically reflected back to yourself and your team always has the option of killing you at will. Sue this will make the yellow status players very angry, it is supposed to in order to discourage team killing and afk's. If that player tries to escape into COOP their Yellow status follows them there and the COOP players can smash him if they choose. I know if I team killed someone by accident or on purpose and this happened to me, I would be much more careful in the future.

• Bad 5

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

This would be horribly abused. Why is this such a problem for you as you only have 10 battles anyway?

[TURDS]
Members
43 posts
980 battles

I have seen people that the chat spammer say are AFK be termed that for simply not following the "ultimatums" of the aforesaid group to "push A" or "cap" this or that. I can't stand people who tell others how to play the game in random battles or Coop. Clan is obviously different. 

Members
868 posts
10 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This would be horribly abused. Why is this such a problem for you as you only have 10 battles anyway?

The fact that you seem to can't reason that someone may have multiple accounts makes you one of two things. Either incredibly stupid in general or incredibly stupid to think that the content of a post has somehow less value because it was posted on an alt account.

• Bad 3

Members
868 posts
10 battles
7 minutes ago, wiztaxi said:

I have seen people that the chat spammer say are AFK be termed that for simply not following the "ultimatums" of the aforesaid group to "push A" or "cap" this or that. I can't stand people who tell others how to play the game in random battles or Coop. Clan is obviously different. 

True but the system can detect AFK players. When the ship does not move for a certain period of time and its weapons are not moving at all. AFK status would not be generated by reports, it would be generated by the system when it detects that you have been afk for the required amount of time.

[SPTR]
Members
3,478 posts
5,735 battles
Just now, UssIowaSailor said:

The fact that you seem to can't reason that someone may have multiple accounts makes you one of two things. Either incredibly stupid in general or incredibly stupid to think that the content of a post has somehow less value because it was posted on an alt account.

1. Ad hominem.

2. I think having multiple account is actualy a violation of the EULA. Plus I don't get why you would start another account and grind through the low tiers all over again. If not for, oh i don't know, circumvate an account ban? Club seals? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

I think it would make more sense for both TK'ers and AFKs were sent to a Special "Training" Mode until they take care of the penalty.

It can be called Training mode, Bilge Water Mode whatever.

[SPTR]
Members
3,478 posts
5,735 battles
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

True but the system can detect AFK players. When the ship does not move for a certain period of time and its weapons are not moving at all. AFK status would not be generated by reports, it would be generated by the system when it detects that you have been afk for the required amount of time.

I play on Macbook. My 17 inch Macbook pro loads me into battles on average 2 minutes late. It didn't stop me from being a unicum and topping the scoreboard almost every time. Sure, turn me yellow, sink me before I can carry your game over and over again, I'm mighty tired of it also.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
868 posts
10 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:

I play on Macbook. My 17 inch Macbook pro loads me into battles on average 2 minutes late. It didn't stop me from being a unicum and topping the scoreboard almost every time. Sure, turn me yellow, sink me before I can carry your game once again.

I didn't specifically state a time figure, there has to be some reasonable time limit that distinguishes slow loaders and AFK players.

Beta Testers
1,836 posts
10,762 battles

"Time is ticking down and we are behind by 10 points!"

"No worry. Let me go AFK and then TK me for points!"

Did I get it right?

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
34 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I propose a change to the system

I propose that you rethink this, as, like @RipNuN2 said earlier, this would be horribly abused. The sheer arrogance of even suggesting something like this, coupled with your toxic and aggressive attitude towards RipNuN2 when he asked about your number of games, only proves to me that you are either a serious Troll who doesn't post through his primary account because everyone who is familiar with the Forum would recognize you as a Troll; or you're some 13 year old relative of the real account holder who is so insecure that he lashes out at anyone who questions him. Either way, your post is foolish, poorly thought out, and certain to cause nothing but salt and grief if implemented. The game has enough of both of those now, thank you very much. Put your BAIT back in the cooler and go fish somewhere else, like under the bridge you crawled out from under, you troll!

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
41 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Because he's an alt account for someone whose main account was either suspended or banned, if I understand a post he made in another thread correctly.

As for the OP, you're thinking at least. I can't say I've seen any good ideas result, but at least you're trying.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
868 posts
10 battles
21 minutes ago, chewonit said:

"Time is ticking down and we are behind by 10 points!"

"No worry. Let me go AFK and then TK me for points!"

Did I get it right?

lol did I mention I didn't think through all the details? I think the AFK counter would have to trigger so going afk towards the end of the game would not help. I have had games where my client crashed and I rebooted my machine and got back into the game and continued the fight. So the timer would have to be significant. 

Members
868 posts
10 battles
7 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Because he's an alt account for someone whose main account was either suspended or banned, if I understand a post he made in another thread correctly.

As for the OP, you're thinking at least. I can't say I've seen any good ideas result, but at least you're trying.

ROFLMAO...that is hilarious, thank you for making me laugh. The forums are how I pass the time at work when it is slow so sometimes I only get to think about an idea briefly. I just enjoy the constructive discussions that result from posting. I am not the kind of person who has to be right all the time. I don't care if I am wrong, as long as the discussion of an idea is interesting. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
43 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The fact that you can't reason that letting people kill AFK team members for win points would result in people multiboxing dummy accounts to division with, let them AFK and then torp them to farm points is etc etc etc... 

Members
868 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

The fact that you can't reason that letting people kill AFK team members for win points would result in people multiboxing dummy accounts to division with, let them AFK and then torp them to farm points is etc etc etc... 

That is a very VALID point that honestly, I did not consider. So thank you for that. However, would you division with a dummy account just for that when doing so would decrease your chances of winning the match? Individual points don't mean a thing if your team does not win the match.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
16 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

ROFLMAO...that is hilarious, thank you for making me laugh. The forums are how I pass the time at work when it is slow so sometimes I only get to think about an idea briefly. I just enjoy the constructive discussions that result from posting. I am not the kind of person who has to be right all the time. I don't care if I am wrong, as long as the discussion of an idea is interesting. 

Eh. If you think it's hilarious, I can point out the posts that led me to that conclusion.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:58 AM, UssIowaSailor said:

Oh I agree with you, but someone reported me for using the exact same descriptive term and I was suspended from the forums for a week.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:28 AM, UssIowaSailor said:

LOL I will be back on my main account on May second if you catch my drift.

Just sayin'.

By the way, it's May 2nd, so why are you still ducking around on this alt account?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
868 posts
10 battles
53 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I propose that you rethink this, as, like @RipNuN2 said earlier, this would be horribly abused. The sheer arrogance of even suggesting something like this, coupled with your toxic and aggressive attitude towards RipNuN2 when he asked about your number of games, only proves to me that you are either a serious Troll who doesn't post through his primary account because everyone who is familiar with the Forum would recognize you as a Troll; or you're some 13 year old relative of the real account holder who is so insecure that he lashes out at anyone who questions him. Either way, your post is foolish, poorly thought out, and certain to cause nothing but salt and grief if implemented. The game has enough of both of those now, thank you very much. Put your BAIT back in the cooler and go fish somewhere else, like under the bridge you crawled out from under, you troll!

Am I a troll, not really. Why was I so toxic as you say towards Rip. He knows this is an alt account and says the EXACT same thing every time he comments on one of my posts. This post was an idea nothing more, nothing less. If you think it would be horribly abused, fine but state how you think it would be abused so we can discuss the merits of your idea.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

seriously...you publicly announce you're violating the EULA you've agreed to and than imply that someone must be stupid if they don't assume that you're clearly ignoring your EULA agreement?  Dafuq?   

[NOBS]
Members
536 posts
5,877 battles

So I get disconnected and for the next 10 battles my own team kills me? NO!

Friendly fire, and for the next 10 games I eat friendly fire? NO!

I get disconnected, I will even blame my computer, I come back pink, I play, I try to help my team, YES!

I kill a teammate, I turn pink, i come back and learn not to kill teammates, Yes!

I join battles and never intend to play, I repeatedly kill my teammates, I turn pink! I continue to be a potato,  and go afk and kill my teammates, WG decides that I'm to stupid to play by the rules and they let me play with toy boats in the bathtub, YES!

Still don't understand the confusion, seems simple enough to 99.9% of the players, even PvE players understand it, but still, another stupid thread about it!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
17 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

If you think it would be horribly abused, fine but state how you think it would be abused so we can discuss the merits of your idea.

I have no wish to discuss anything with some troll hiding behind an alternate account. It's May 2nd, your primary account is off the ban, according to you; why not use THAT account if you want to talk? Like I said, until then, I have no desire nor motivation to discuss anything with someone who has had one account banned and is hiding behind another. Troll on!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Banishing TK'ers and AFK players to COOP has created some controversy, especially within the COOP community which according to some makes up 30% of the community. I propose a change to the system to avoid offending a part of the community and might even work better in my opinion.

First, if a player has not loaded into a game or has gone afk for a certain period they change to Yellow status. Once they are yellow they are considered neutral targets and can be farmed for damage and points by anyone. That was if a team has an AFK player they can kill them and score points toward the objective. It does not make up for playing a player short but it can help a bit, farming them for points can keep you in the game a little longer.

Second, once you have achieved Yellow status through being AFK or team killing you will be in Yellow status for the duration of the penalty, any damage done to a teammate is automatically reflected back to yourself and your team always has the option of killing you at will. Sue this will make the yellow status players very angry, it is supposed to in order to discourage team killing and afk's. If that player tries to escape into COOP their Yellow status follows them there and the COOP players can smash him if they choose. I know if I team killed someone by accident or on purpose and this happened to me, I would be much more careful in the future.

Really allow team kills? {Even a Pink Player deserves  the benefit of the doubt}

SxO7jHj.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

This is legit the first time I've ever downvoted someone on this forum... holy fudge...

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
59 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Individual points don't mean a thing if your team does not win the match.

There are players who believe and act the opposite.  Personal points and achievements are everything.  The rest of the team is a bunch of potatoes anyway, so any loss is on them.

Yes I know it's stupid.