Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

Selling Southern Dragon: What to do with captain?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

I did the mission for the Southern Dragon last year and have played it a bit here & there. Mostly used it in co-op to get some extra daily XP for one of the other missions for a free ship (Katori, I believe).

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of this ship, so I've been contemplating selling it, which brings me to the captain. He's got 10 points and I'd love to be able to use him in a tech tree ship. Am I able to retrain him, or is he tied to the Southern Dragon? Since it's not really a Japanese ship, I assume I won't be able to but thought I'd ask before selling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
6 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

did the mission for the Southern Dragon last year and have played it a bit here & there. Mostly used it in co-op to get some extra daily XP for one of the other missions for a free ship (Katori, I believe).

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of this ship, so I've been contemplating selling it, which brings me to the captain. He's got 10 points and I'd love to be able to use him in a tech tree ship. Am I able to retrain him, or is he tied to the Southern Dragon? Since it's not really a Japanese ship, I assume I won't be able to but thought I'd ask before selling it.

You can send the captain to your capt reserve and use him in any IJN tech tree ship before you sell it.  You can also retrain the captain as well.

Edited by knice_destroyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,694
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,851 posts
11,564 battles

I think he is like the ARP captains and counts as an IJN captain. But I am not 100% sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Send him back to the Heavens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
656
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think he is like the ARP captains and counts as an IJN captain. But I am not 100% sure.

Correct.  IJN captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles

Why would you sell something you can't buy or acquire in any way?  Just disable the view in the carousel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
Members
9,976 posts
3 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Why would you sell something you can't buy or acquire in any way?  Just disable the view in the carousel.

Useless is still useless, so why would it matter whether it cannot be gotten again? :Smile_teethhappy:

Maybe the player needs the slot or the silver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,589 battles

If you turn on one of the 'butt-hurt' filters in the lower right of the port screen, it actually turns into an IJN captain.

You know, it's foolish to get rid of any of these ships.  On 200X days, you can send one IJN captain through co-op in all these dragon and ARP ships and suck up an extra 200K capt. XP in the process.  They count as a pseudo IJN premium ship.

And when modules or consumables go on sale, they also serve as storage for them as well.

I also keep them because I'm a collector and I don't mind the clutter.  I keep my ship order to 'last played' and they file themselves away in the back nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,197 battles
23 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Why would you sell something you can't buy or acquire in any way?  Just disable the view in the carousel.

It's a re-skin. You can buy the ship anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[WJDC]
Members
1,243 posts
7,591 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

  I keep my ship order to 'last played' and they file themselves away in the back nicely.

I can has my ships in last played order?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll definitely retrain the commander to another Japanese ship.

 

5 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Why would you sell something you can't buy or acquire in any way?  Just disable the view in the carousel.

As was mentioned, it's just a Myoko with fancy paint, and I can always get the tech tree version. I'm not a collector, so it has no value as a rare ship to me. The credits are more valuable to me than the ship. Someone mentioned running commanders through it for the XP, but that would mean I'd have to play it. I have other Japanese premiums for that.

As for disabling the view? Well, I kind of like the paint job, I just hate the ship it's on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,231
[WOLF3]
Members
6,466 posts
2,414 battles
47 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

As was mentioned, it's just a Myoko with fancy paint,

As a premium ship, it also had premium bonuses to XP? and Credits, though those are unpublished. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

As for disabling the view? Well, I kind of like the paint job, I just hate the ship it's on.

I can't argue with that.  I'd love to see that on my Musashi or Yammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
17 hours ago, iDuckman said:

As a premium ship, it also had premium bonuses to XP? and Credits, though those are unpublished. 

Is there any info on it having premium bonuses to XP? As I far as I'm aware, there were never any bonuses associated with this ship, but I know there have been changes to the ARP ships recently. Maybe that's changed.

I haven't sold it yet, so I suppose I'll wait until this is answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×