You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tenfingerstentoes

Idea: Friendly hit indicator

8 comments in this topic

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
3,237 battles

Was thinking it would be nice to have a 'friendly hit inducator' similar to the 'terrain hit indicator' icon. Last night I briefly went link after hitting a BB with 3 shells from my DD. One started a fire. I was sitting in smoke in my scope view spamming HE at a group of enemies, and never even saw the battleship sailing in front of me, in my view. I'm not sure how that happens either, but in any event, a small indicator like the terrain hit one would at least provide some warning that a friendly ship has wandered in front of a gun and you shouldn't fire.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
1 hour ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

[...] scope view spamming HE [...]

There's your problem right there. 

Best practice is to go to binocular view, shoot, then get back out of bino view as soon as possible.  I recommend using the right mouse button to zoom out while in that view, as it's easy to zoom back in to take the next series of shots.

Hope that helps!

-R

• Cool 1

Members
1,788 posts
5,663 battles

Situational Awareness, It's a skill..:cap_cool:look around. 

• Cool 1

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
3,237 battles
3 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Best practice is to go to binocular view, shoot, then get back out of bino view as soon as possible.  I recommend using the right mouse button to zoom out while in that view, as it's easy to zoom back in to take the next series of shots.

Hope that helps!

-R

You do not do this in a DD with a 3 second reload, I'm sorry, nobody does. The fact is if we have an indicator for shells landing on terrain, why not one for shells landing on friendlies? It's the same concept....

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles
Just now, Mister_Rawr said:

Hope that helps!

-R

Yup.  Agree.  Simple and all it takes is the click of a button. Gotta be aware that when you are in zoom mode you are at risk of hitting a friendly. Being aware is part of the game and a skill. I just don't think more kinds of warnings are needed. 

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
2 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

You do not do this in a DD with a 3 second reload, I'm sorry, nobody does.

I'm sorry, I disagree.

Good luck!

-R

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
3,237 battles

Ive watched countless videos of DD play. Sure, you check every now and then, but nobody zooms out every single volley, not even close. Especially toward the end of the match, no DDs on the enemy side, no risk of torpedoes coming into your smoke, you're just chucking HE at a BB 10 km away setting fires. Also, what does it take away to add this? Why wouldn't you want it?

Edited by tenfingerstentoes

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
5 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

You do not do this in a DD with a 3 second reload, I'm sorry, nobody does. The fact is if we have an indicator for shells landing on terrain, why not one for shells landing on friendlies? It's the same concept....

You or you will keep hitting friendly ships. You don't have to do it every volley but after three or four come up for air and look around.