You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dechion

A pair of questions

8 comments in this topic

[TACG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
1,725 battles

I've a pair of questions for my fellow captains. There are a few things I'd like to change about the games interface, but I'm not sure if I'd have to install mods or if it's something simple I can change myself.

I don't know how well my potato powered laptop would handle running mods along with the client. (Hurricane Irma took my desktop, along with the roof off of my house, so until I have both a desktop and a house to put it in I'm playing on an old ThinkPad 430 a friend gave me)

First, while I enjoy the benefits camo provides I don't like most of the visuals. I know there are ways to change how it appears on my screen but don't know how. 

How can I change it so I just see the rusty grey warships and not the colorful camo? 

Second, while every other nation gives me the option to change the captain voices to English it doesn't seem to work with the ARP captains. I know I could just dismiss them, but having a half dozen extra 10 point skippers to play around with is kind of nice. Unfortunately I actually use the audio cues and need them to be in a language I understand. 

Is there a way to turn off the ARP voiceovers and have it use the default English ones? 

Thanks folks

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,331 battles

1- I don't think you can remove the camo effect on regular camo. I think it's only available on some special camo, like Bismarck Hunt camo or Space Battle camo.

2-You can't change ARP captain voices. I think you will get the english voice for some new interaction like "Get Back" but F3 for instance will keep the commander voice 

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,134 battles

Aslain's mod pack has an option to remove the camo visuals while still keeping the functional concealment and dispersion bonuses intact.

[TACG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
1,725 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Aslain's mod pack has an option to remove the camo visuals while still keeping the functional concealment and dispersion bonuses intact.

I am concerned with running mods on my older laptop. Does it use many resources?

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,134 battles
6 minutes ago, dechion said:

I am concerned with running mods on my older laptop. Does it use many resources?

I don't believe so.  You only have to install the options you want from the mod pack, not the whole thing.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0740-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,072 posts
9,549 battles

Most of the mods only change game files and don't run anything additional in the background

• Cool 1

[TACG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
1,725 battles

Thanks much. I'll try installing it this evening.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,877 posts
11,603 battles

1. You need mods to do this, but they are out there. I don't think such a mod would put extra load on your computer.

2.The ARP captains can't have their voices changed. To my knowledge, there are no non-anime (unusually high Japanese)  female voices in the game.