Tikenen

Is this normal?

12 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
111 battles

Ok... so my game crashed at the very beginning of a match and when I logged back on it said I teamkilled people so now my name is pink and I am in danger of being banned. 

Is this something that happens often? Is there a way to reverse it?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
1 minute ago, Tikenen said:

Ok... so my game crashed at the very beginning of a match and when I logged back on it said I teamkilled people so now my name is pink and I am in danger of being banned. 

To answer your questions in order: Yes, No.

And before you say, "But that is asinine to punish me for something that was not my fault," be advised this new system was put in place to ease the butthurt of the whiner contingent who cannot bear to lose a game without it being somebody's fault. By somebody I mean somebody else of course. They could not possibly have been outplayed. It was your callous and heartless arrogance that led to their defeat through your failure to install a dedicated T1 line, and a backup line to ensure an adequate internet connection to the new Alienware gaming rig you purchased specifically and solely for WoWs use. You also failed to install the backup generator, and windmill in case the power went out and the dedicated power supply failed. It is exactly this sort of selfish behavior that has led WG to take these draconian measures to combat the horrible AFK menace that threatens the free world and the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,853 posts
7,159 battles
17 minutes ago, Tikenen said:

Did you log back in immediately, or after the battle had ended? Usually, your situation would occur because you failed to log back in straight away/before battle ended. Pink status can be worked off in Coop gulag.

Members
27 posts
111 battles
12 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

And before you say, "But that is asinine to punish me for something that was not my fault," be advised this new system was put in place to ease the butthurt of the whiner contingent who cannot bear to lose a game without it being somebody's fault. By somebody I mean somebody else of course. They could not possibly have been outplayed. It was your callous and heartless arrogance that led to their defeat through your failure to install a dedicated T1 line, and a backup line to ensure an adequate internet connection to the new Alienware gaming rig you purchased specifically and solely for WoWs use. You also failed to install the backup generator, and windmill in case the power went out and the dedicated power supply failed. It is exactly this sort of selfish behavior that has led WG to take these draconian measures to combat the horrible AFK menace that threatens the free world and the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

Wasn't going to complain... just trying to figure it out... but damn.. that sucks [edited]... I hope it doesn't happen again.

9 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Did you log back in immediately, or after the battle had ended? Usually, your situation would occur because you failed to log back in straight away/before battle ended. Pink status can be worked off in Coop gulag.

I see... this is helpful to know... thank you, Still kinda silly that it happened but I will race to get back in next time.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles
26 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

OMG you just made my morning I grant you all the upvotes

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,418 posts
9,614 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,872 posts
11,592 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

to ease the butthurt of the whiner contingent who cannot bear to lose a game without it being somebody's fault. 

This is the is so often the reason for stupid things WG does...

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,905 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Brilliant!! And True.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

AMEN!!!!

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,147 battles
3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

T1 too slow... must have an OC-192 into your house... lol.

B

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles
4 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

There was a group of people that would go back to port if they didn't like the teams. This system is aimed straight at them as they were doing this many times a day.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, BrushWolf said:

There was a group of people that would go back to port if they didn't like the teams. This system is aimed straight at them as they were doing this many times a day.

Actually (as I suggested before this went live & got ignored) attaching the penalty directly to the "Exit to Port" button if the player was still alive w/a warning that confirming the command to "Exit to Port" will result in an instant 10 game Co-Op only penalty would have aimed it straight at them w/out affecting anybody that got disconnected for any reason.

Edit: & I also agree w/others that the orange status people should have a separate Co-Op where they have to work it off w/other orange status humans or bots only on their teams.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos