You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RighteousRhyno

Release date estimate on the Monaghan?

15 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,967 battles

What the title says.

It feels like that this ship has been under the development radar for a while, kinda like the Aigle. 

I ran into a STer on my team using the Monaghan, a future premium Farragut-class DD. He proceeded to do heavy damage to the other team which helped us to victory. I know player skill was involved, but the ship looks promising. If stats haven't changed, it should still be better concealment than the Farragut by about 0.3km but has shorter smoke duration, along with using a C-hull.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,122 battles

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she became a reward for a campaign or ship event.  Why else would we need/want to buy a cloned Farragut?

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles

Sounds like they re-released it to ST with updates (Flamu called it "the entirely new monaghan", last week).  I haven't been able to find any information though, on what the updates are.  Seemed lackluster before.  

Cash in hand WG.  Cash in hand.  

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,077 battles

She now has a second hull that trades the 2 aft turrets for addition Bofors and gets quintuple torpedo launchers.

Members
161 posts
9,211 battles

Flamu played it on stream in the past few days. He said something like, "I played it once and that's enough." He did not like it. 

It has two hulls, one with four guns, DFAA, and more HP than a Farragut with better concealment, and a second hull with only two guns, but Benson torps. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,343 battles

A long time.

We have Asashio on sale now, and that'll be a good couple of weeks.

Then Abruzzi has just been reviewed by LWM, so add another 2-3 week exclusivity period for that.

Most likely based on some veiled statements after that is Z-39, again give her another 2-3 weeks.

Cossack had her gun change a while back and should be just ahead of Monaghan in the queue, add 2-3 weeks or so.

Massachusetts has been in limbo for a while but recently got a 'brawler configuration' ST, possibly add 2-3 weeks.

So given likely premium sequence I wouldn't expect to see her for 10-12 weeks at least. I'm going to consider T-61 on an extended leave of absence and Krondstadt/Stalingrad are probably not going to take up premium release 'slots'.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Uhm ... who cares? We already have three premium USN DDs in game. We don't need a fourth when there are tech trees out there with no premiums whatsoever. Not to mention highly in demand ships like Haida. No one said anything at all about Monaghan until the dev blog wrote about it.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Release date estimate on the Monaghan?

the last I heard is that the release date will be coincident with the T-61.

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,816 battles
25 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

the last I heard is that the release date will be coincident with the T-61.

1 hour ago, mofton said:

I'm going to consider T-61 on an extended leave of absence

i'm afraid Monaghan is on extended leave of absence my friend..

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,343 battles
3 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

I hope not.

The positive for Monaghan is that she's been worked on relatively recently - 31 March major changes - and that Flamu has at least mentioned her.

T-61 was first shown off by CC's last November or so, was slated for release in December, then January but not, and has had no changes that I'm aware of since last year, despite clearly needing them. That's pretty neglected.

Monaghan's justifiably 'alive' and might even be related to the new US campaign if she's not a 'vanilla' premium.

WG are in a spot where they have 9 new or re-tiered USN cruisers to test, along with a host of premiums including the seemingly difficult Russian 'Large Cruisers' (which have gone through many iterations), and this is taking time, at least I hope for Monaghan it's just time.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,233 battles
8 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

No monaghan is being tested. T-61 was lost in action

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,967 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she became a reward for a campaign or ship event.  Why else would we need/want to buy a cloned Farragut?

I would not be surprised either. I don't think that this ship will bring in the big bucks but rather a perfect fit as a final reward for a campaign similar to "Honorable Service". It has the same niche of the Shinonome, and also it is T6.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles

How bout they scrap monaghan, and instead give me an identical nicholas as a premium so i don't have to assign a captain to it.   :)