You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Whale_Tail

SUPERCONTAINER PREMIUM SHIP KILLED MY JOY

103 comments in this topic

[X_-_X]
[X_-_X]
Members
26 posts

So I have always had a bad habit of constantly choosing "try your luck". Maybe 1 out of every 8 would get me a Supercontainer, not bad ......... that is until I won a premium ship, USS Texas. Exactly 5 months  and 89 "try your luck" containers since then and NOT ONE SUPERCONTAINER!!!!! AND YES I COUNT! I didn't want the Texas at all! I have never even sailed it ! If I did want it I would have bought it with the >$600 I've pumped into this game over the years (free xp conversion junky but no worries I make good $) , and that is a VERY VERY low $$ estimate, Id be SHOCKED to actually know the real $ number! 

Is it because I won the stupid premium USS Texas I didn't want? Does it make you no longer eligible for Super containers if you win a premium ship? 89 attempts without one is BEYOND RIDICULOUS!     

Edited by Dr_Whale_Tail
grammar
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 8

[NMKJT]
Members
2,736 posts
1 minute ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

So I have always had a bad habit of always choosing try your luck. Maybe 1 out of every 8 would get me a Supercontainer, not bad ......... that is until I won a premium ship, USS Texas. Exactly 5 months  and 89 "try your luck" containers since then and NOT ONE SUPERCONTAINER!!!!! AND YES I COUNT! I didn't want the Texas at all! I have never even sailed it ! If I did want it I would have bought it with the >$600 I've pumped into this game over the years (free xp conversion junky but no worries I make good $) , and that is a VERY VERY low $$ estimate, Id be SHOCKED to actually know the real $ number! 

Is it because I won the stupid premium USS Texas I didn't want? Does it make you no longer eligible for Super containers if you win a premium ship? 89 attempts without one is BEYOND RIDICULOUS!     

89 attempts without a SC is normal. 1 out of every 8 is incredibly lucky. The thought is they drop about 1% of the time. 

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

It's statistics. Perhaps you should take some of the free stats courses on the web. They are great resources for understanding these things.

• Bad 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,418 posts
9,614 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

So I have always had a bad habit of always choosing try your luck. Maybe 1 out of every 8 would get me a Supercontainer, not bad ......... that is until I won a premium ship, USS Texas. Exactly 5 months  and 89 "try your luck" containers since then and NOT ONE SUPERCONTAINER!!!!! AND YES I COUNT! I didn't want the Texas at all! I have never even sailed it ! If I did want it I would have bought it with the >$600 I've pumped into this game over the years (free xp conversion junky but no worries I make good $) , and that is a VERY VERY low $$ estimate, Id be SHOCKED to actually know the real $ number! 

If you don't like Texas...   You will burn in RNG HELL forever.

Try it.

Play it.

Force yourself to smile.

Or else.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,153 posts
3,146 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

Maybe 1 out of every 8 would get me a Supercontainer, not bad ........

To get that kind of luck, you would need to sacrifice your firstborn son to RNGesus. 

• Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,644 battles

Dude, you are really lucky just to get a ship. I've pulled almost 600 TYL since I've started keeping track and I haven't gotten any ship.

• Cool 8

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Again someone is complaining about getting a free ship, if most of us had your luck of 1 in 8, but now you haven't had one in 89, do I feel sorry for you, nope, as most of us rarely see a SC, but had you gotten some crappy flags people might feel your pain, but a ship, no.

• Cool 2

[X_-_X]
[X_-_X]
Members
26 posts

@RipNuN2 @AVR_ProjectWhat part of my post made you both feel so inferior to the point you needed to provide your passive aggressive posts? Was it the money thing? The Luck ? The lack of appreciation of getting the stupid Texas? At what point did I say I wasn't having fun? Assuming I do indeed make decent enough money to spend $100's on a F2P game , what would make you assume I don't understand simple statistics? Do you understand what comprehension means? Are you familiar with SIMPLE QUESTIONS ? Usually they are followed by simple answers like the one @Wombatmetal provided. Notice he didn't feel inferior ?

The reek of passive aggressive jealousy here is immense !    

Edited by Dr_Whale_Tail
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

What part of my post made you both feel so inferior to the point you needed to provide your passive aggressive posts? Was it the money thing? The Luck ? The lack of appreciation of getting the stupid Texas? At what point did I say I wasn't having fun? Assuming I do indeed make decent enough money to spend $100's on a F2P game , what would make you assume I don't understand simple statistics? Do you understand what comprehension means? Are you familiar with SIMPLE QUESTIONS ? Usually they are followed by simple answers like the one Wombatmetal provided. Notice he didn't feel inferior ?

The reek of passive aggressive jealousy here is immense !    

People do not like whinny xxxxx

15 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

So I have always had a bad habit of constantly choosing "try your luck". Maybe 1 out of every 8 would get me a Supercontainer, not bad ......... that is until I won a premium ship, USS Texas. Exactly 5 months  and 89 "try your luck" containers since then and NOT ONE SUPERCONTAINER!!!!! AND YES I COUNT! I didn't want the Texas at all! I have never even sailed it ! If I did want it I would have bought it with the >$600 I've pumped into this game over the years (free xp conversion junky but no worries I make good $) , and that is a VERY VERY low $$ estimate, Id be SHOCKED to actually know the real $ number! 

Patience is a virtue

[X_-_X]
[X_-_X]
Members
26 posts
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

People do not like whinny xxxxx

Patience is a virtue

Nah , people don't like when others can afford the things they can't - That Simple 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,171 battles

1 out of 8? Holy hell, That's amazing. I'll go through 200 of them before I get a super container that gives me a module.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

Nah , people don't like when others can afford the things they can't - That Simple 

This^^ has nothing to do with it, your complaining about not getting another SC after getting a free ship, not getting another SC after 89 is nothing.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

At what point did I say I wasn't having fun

Its in your title

[X_-_X]
[X_-_X]
Members
26 posts

Obviously if you were getting super containers 1 out of every 8 and finally won a ship and didn't receive another Supercontainer for 89 tries it would seem out of the ordinary, correct? So LOGICALLY one would deduce maybe that winning the ship made me no longer eligible, WHICH IS WHY I ASKED A QUESTION

What in gods name is so hard to understand ? 

Edited by Dr_Whale_Tail
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,892 battles

I'm going to increase the rage, but I have had 6 SC in the past week. All from try your luck!

[WOLF6]
Alpha Tester
22 posts
2,913 battles
4 minutes ago, Naviss said:

1 out of 8? Holy hell, That's amazing. I'll go through 200 of them before I get a super container that gives me a module.

I had amazing luck when I first started playing. In the first two weeks, I got 5 supercontainers (3 had 50k xp). Now I've been on about a 8 week slump without a single one. I somehow got 2 on the test server...

Edited by HeavyTwenty
  • Cool 1

Members
712 posts

had 2 SC since last Saturday, one for 50,000FXP and one for 50 ship camo (*) or a ship slot 1 upgrade that extend spotting aircraft time (*).

(*) the 3rd SC was from Varyag part 1 or whatever the mission was, but I cannot remember if it was for the camo or the spotting upgrade.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Obviously if you were getting super containers 1 out of every 8 and finally won a ship and didn't receive another Supercontainer for 89 tries it would seem out of the ordinary, correct? So LOGICALLY one would deduce maybe that winning the ship made me no longer eligible, WHICH IS WHY I ASKED A QUESTION

What in god name is so hard to understand that ? 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

Ok I see the question your referring to, bit hard with what appears to end with complaining.

No it has nothing to do with winning a Texas, your just in the RNG roll of now trying to get another SC regardless of how much money you spend.  You might get one tomorrow or in 6 months time

[X_-_X]
[X_-_X]
Members
26 posts
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

This^^ has nothing to do with it, your complaining about not getting another SC after getting a free ship, not getting another SC after 89 is nothing.

Its in your title

KILLED my rolling for container joy lmbo Why would you assume it meant killed my joy of the game in its entirety? I never mentioned any portion of the gameplay anywhere - I don't know if you know this but rolling for containers isn't the point of the game 

No one pumps that much money into a game that doesn't enjoy it lol CLEARLY I want the game to succeed and I think it's an amazing game thus the OVERWHELMING FINANCIAL SUPPORT of a F2P game  

I can't believe I even have to explain this crap  

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,112 posts
17,776 battles
21 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Dude, you are really lucky just to get a ship. I've pulled almost 600 TYL since I've started keeping track and I haven't gotten any ship.

I've never gotten a ship in a supercontainer either.  But I hardly ever pick the TYL option.  I usually go with the Credits option.  The way I see it, 50k credits is worth more than 2 premium consumables (which would be worth 45k credits).  As for the regular signal flags, they can be worth it too, but I have so many that I usually just prefer the credits.  Though once I get my credit balance back up to a comfortable level, I might flip over to signals.  (Right now, I'm at 10M credits, after all the hard grinding and buying a number of tier 10's in the last month.  Time to rebuild ye olde credit balance!)

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

You not only got a supercontainer, but got a SHIP from it? Hang on a sec, where'd I put that accursed violin? This would be easier if it wasn't so small... Yeah, you got lucky pal, don't cry over it. Last supercontainer I can even REMEMBER getting was from the Varyag missions, and all that had was det flags. RNGesus has it in for me in all things reward based, count yourself lucky that you're not in the crosshairs too.

Then again I started getting reserve and port slots about a week after I said I had never even seen one in a container, maybe this will get me an SC the same way. Hmm...

• Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

KILLED my rolling for container joy lmbo Why would you assume it meant killed my joy of the game in its entirety? I never mentioned any portion of the gameplay anywhere - I don't know if you know this but rolling for containers isn't the point of the game 

No one pumps that much money into a game that doesn't enjoy it lol CLEARLY I want the game to succeed and I think it's an amazing game thus the OVERWHELMING FINANCIAL SUPPORT of a F2P game  

I can't believe I even have to explain this crap  

SUPERCONTAINER PREMIUM SHIP KILLED MY JOY.

How is one supposed to know what part of your joy has been killed, other than you got a SC with a ship and your unhappy, it might be something else who knows, we can only go off what is written by you, your question has been answered, are you still not satisfied

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,574 battles
33 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

D9D47C83-84D0-4C42-819A-1EDB7C6A6119.jpeg

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
11 minutes ago, Dr_Whale_Tail said:

What in gods name is so hard to understand ? 

On the other hand, who cares?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1