Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crij

Ghost Ships do exist in WoWs, and it is not even All Hollows Eve

8 comments in this topic

[-K_P-]
Members
82 posts
1,770 battles

Had an odd thing happen, was playing a Random battle in my new Asashio, battled for a while, had a decent game for me in a DD.  I got down to about 1/4 health and was trapped between an Atlanta 2 kM away and the border, so went what the heck and did a scraping ram (starboard bow to starboard bow), seems that is the hole in the Atlanta's secondaries.  We exploded, once the fire died down the Atlanta was gone, vaporized, she didn't continue past and her wreck was missing, I was still dead...  Wished I had replay enabled to watch it, not even sure if the Atlanta got the kill credit, I didn't get credit against her.

Anyone else battle a ghost ship?

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

The Atlanta was on the other team and you didn’t kill it? That’s pretty simple. You were the one spotting it and when you rammed it, you didn’t do enough damage to kill the Atlanta so it went unspotted.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

The Atlanta was on the other team and you didn’t kill it? That’s pretty simple. You were the one spotting it and when you rammed it, you didn’t do enough damage to kill the Atlanta so it went unspotted.

This is it once you died the Atlanta became unspotted. 

• Cool 1

[-K_P-]
Members
82 posts
1,770 battles

That is what I originally thought, but pulled up the contestant list and the only enemy Atlanta was dark (i.e. Dead)

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,245 battles

Someone else either set a fire on the ATL or landed a shot on it after it had went dark. You could have looked in your detailed results screen and seen who killed it.

[-K_P-]
Members
82 posts
1,770 battles

Ares, slim possibility, checked player list within seconds of disappearance.  Basically it went rammed, explosion, explosion cleared, only saw my wreck, looked around, within seconds checked player list and atlanta was dark, looked again, and still no wrecked atlanta.  There was no time for the wreck to sink unless she was part submarine.

Oh Well, still was wierd.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
15 minutes ago, Crij said:

Ares, slim possibility, checked player list within seconds of disappearance.  Basically it went rammed, explosion, explosion cleared, only saw my wreck, looked around, within seconds checked player list and atlanta was dark, looked again, and still no wrecked atlanta.  There was no time for the wreck to sink unless she was part submarine.

Oh Well, still was wierd.

Well did you look and see who had the kill? If you didn’t have a kill and he was destroyed then someone either had a salvo in air or burned him right as is disappeared and it was just a spotting glitch after he was destroyed. No harm no foul. Just means you didn’t quite destroy him on your own.

[-K_P-]
Members
82 posts
1,770 battles

Belyy_Klyk, I think I exited before the battle ended, so I wasn't able to pull up who killed him, and I don't remember if anything came up above the mini-map.

Sign in to follow this