You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

New US cruisers already in Randoms

78 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts

The US cruiser release is coming down the pipe, but the stats and capabilities haven't been finalized as far as I know. This being the case, allowing some players to take them into Random battles outside of the test server seems a bit sketchy. While I understand that WG may want them tried out in the "real world", they should at least keep the Wiki up to date so that the rest of us know what we're up against. Either release the ship details to everyone, or keep the ships in beta. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 22

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is standard method of testing. The numbers are secret till they want them released,

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,552 battles
5 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

The US cruiser release is coming down the pipe, but the stats and capabilities haven't been finalized as far as I know. This being the case, allowing some players to take them into Random battles outside of the test server seems a bit sketchy. While I understand that WG may want them tried out in the "real world", they should at least keep the Wiki up to date so that the rest of us know what we're up against. Either release the ship details to everyone, or keep the ships in beta. 

on the pre-battle screen you can see their data by using the 'show my ships stats' and hovering over their ship. their stats remain hidden, but u can see how they compare to your own ship +/- your own stats.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,092 posts
4,164 battles

Wargaming do post the stats of the ships on their devblog...

• Cool 1

Members
416 posts

I understand that these ships are works in progress; however, if they are being used in Randoms then everyone deserves to know what they are up against. The data should be accessible in the same place as the data on every other ship. Having to hover over ship details in a pre-battle screen or going to the development blog means that the data is not accessible.

Edited by guns_at_last_light
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 13

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

This ^

• Cool 1

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles
1 minute ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I understand that these ships are works in progress; however, if I they are being used in Randoms then everyone deserves to know what they are up against. The data should be accessible in the same place as the data on every other ship. Having to hover over ship details in a pre-battle screen or going to the development blog means that the data is not accessible.

No because then people start trying to use preliminary stats to complain about everything with the ship, claim it is OP or try to second guess every change WG makes prior to release.

WG is doing nothing different than with the release of premium ships and other tech trees and no one complained previously.

The dev blog provides plenty of details. If your clan isn't posting updates from there on their clan page then you don't have a good clan.

Members
416 posts

Sorry, but "they post it in a dev blog", "they always do this", and "people will complain" aren't sufficient explanations. WG promotes http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships as the definitive resource for the ships used in the game, and if they are going to allow unfinished ships in the game then the stats and consumables should be available where everything else is. They can put a "this ship is being tested" notice.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,092 posts
4,164 battles
3 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Sorry, but "they post it in a dev blog", "they always do this", and "people will complain" aren't sufficient explanations. WG promotes http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships as the definitive resource for the ships used in the game, and if they are going to allow unfinished ships in the game then the stats and consumables should be available where everything else is. They can put a "this ship is being tested" notice.

I mean, you realise the wiki does have ship stats?

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,361 battles

You are problably new here.

1 minute ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

^This (2)

9 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

They don't give ships randomly for players to test, those are supertesters or CCs. How the selection works to select them i don't know.

Just now, guns_at_last_light said:

I understand that these ships are works in progress; however, if they are being used in Randoms then everyone deserves to know what they are up against. The data should be accessible in the same place as the data on every other ship. Having to hover over ship details in a pre-battle screen or going to the development blog means that the data is not accessible.

You are contradicting yourself. Hovering over ship details or going to development blog isn't accesible data!?!? UATT!?!?

Final words: WG developers hesitated a lot to give info of test ships for a long time, mainly because the community in general want to play devs themselves. But their policy changed not too much time ago (I could be wrong, but this became more evident after the Alabama s*storm and GZ fiasco). Now they share their development of new ships and their ideas for the future of the game.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,482 battles

With 3700 battles, I think OP is trolling.

Or oblivious

• Cool 1

Members
416 posts
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

I mean, you realise the wiki does have ship stats?

Honestly, this is a rant in that I played against a Columbia and wasn't sure what it had. Buffalo and Salem are in the wiki already, but not all of the ships are and that's what I was annoyed with.

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,361 battles
Just now, guns_at_last_light said:

Are u fascinated with the wiki or something? There are stuff there that are outdated (that's normal, the game is constantly changing), so right of the bat i can tell you that it's not a definitive source of content. If you can find a game that is in constant change that has a "definite source" of content, PLS show me!

BTW how much will it cost for you to look for other reliable sources? :cap_wander:

[TIMT]
Supertester
477 posts

As a SuperTester, it has always been WG'S policy not to release the stats of the ship when they are being given trial runs under real conditions.  We are also under NDA'S when we try out these ships.  We try and want the team to win, but are unable to answer even basic questions like how do they handle or what is the damage like.

Members
416 posts
9 minutes ago, Tieberion said:

As a SuperTester, it has always been WG'S policy not to release the stats of the ship when they are being given trial runs under real conditions.  We are also under NDA'S when we try out these ships.  We try and want the team to win, but are unable to answer even basic questions like how do they handle or what is the damage like.

This is useful information. It's unfortunate that things are kept so tight lipped, but WG must really like it's secrecy. It's not like a new ship in a game is the latest iPhone or something better than sliced bread.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,353 posts
12,138 battles
31 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

For better or worse, everyone deserves to know what WG wants them to know about anything dealing with the game.

[LUCK]
Members
1,302 posts
19,576 battles
12 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Honestly, this is a rant in that I played against a Columbia and wasn't sure what it had. Buffalo and Salem are in the wiki already, but not all of the ships are and that's what I was annoyed with.

Translation:

A super tester ate my lunch with a ship that I very well could have been informed of via this very forum I have chosen to complain about in rather than attempt meaningful discussion.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Members
416 posts
4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Translation:

A super tester ate my lunch with a ship that I very well could have been informed of via this very forum I have chosen to complain about in rather than attempt meaningful discussion.

Not so much. I shouldn't have had to go to a dev blog to figure out what I'd be facing in game.

• Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,020 posts

i mean what's the big deal about stats, it's not like they are military secrets

show the stats and we can talk about it, players' feedback are most important since they pay the bills right?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
48 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

on the pre-battle screen you can see their data by using the 'show my ships stats' and hovering over their ship. their stats remain hidden, but u can see how they compare to your own ship +/- your own stats.

Nope, if they are early testing it pretty much just says "Soon" when you do this.

Members
416 posts
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i mean what's the big deal about stats, it's not like they are military secrets

show the stats and we can talk about it, players' feedback are most important since they pay the bills right?

I should have said stats and all consumables rather than data. Knowing what the testers think is super useful though.

Interestingly, information on some ships is already in the wiki: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Salem. There's a notice that information is subject to change.

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,552 battles
9 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Nope, if they are early testing it pretty much just says "Soon" when you do this.

not on your own ship. the red 'your ship is worse x amount' and green 'your ship is better by x amount' in the comparasin charts still show up. their chart says 'soon' sure, but your ships stats are still compared.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,829 battles
39 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

WG promotes http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships as the definitive resource for the ships used in the game,

Not sure what gave you that impression. In order to keep track of the game activities and information i need: twitch, twitter, youtube, facebook, email, wiki, in-game news, premium store, this forum, plus links to all CC's and all their media pages.

The biggest gripe i have in this crap is spread out in 20 directions, some overlap, but cant rely on it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
1 hour ago, guns_at_last_light said:

You are up against a giant Atlanta basically at tier X and a super Cleveland at tier IX.

There are videos on the ships all over youtube, it isn't a big secret.

I can't wait for my super Atlanta.  Muhahaha.

• Cool 1

Members
416 posts
11 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Not sure what gave you that impression. In order to keep track of the game activities and information i need: twitch, twitter, youtube, facebook, email, wiki, in-game news, premium store, this forum, plus links to all CC's and all their media pages.

The biggest gripe i have in this crap is spread out in 20 directions, some overlap, but cant rely on it.

I could have sworn that there was something on worldofwarships.com asking for people to help update the wiki. I checked the site again and only saw a post about their editors (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/seven-days-a-wiki/), so I may have imagined it. That's my bad.

Agreed that one "source of truth" would be super helpful.

• Bad 1