Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

You can't always blame a CV, when you lose a match.

59 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles

Pictures say it all.

shot-18.05.01_18.58.38-0618.jpg

corrected pic.png

Edited by LupusMalum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

Sure i can. People can blame everyone but themselves. Their loss.

But i do want to point out being top of the board doesnt mean that is not wrong/poor play by the cv.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles

What more could the losing CVs had done in this match?

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,963 battles

Obviously you're supposed to deplane both enemy CVs while dev striking all the enemy ships. Simply bringing a CV into a match absolves all of your teammates of the expectation to play even remotely well. If you're not rocking 100% w/r in your CV you're not trying hard enough.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,296 battles

The loss was in no way my fault. Hence, the less like me a factor is, the more that factor must have contributed to the loss. I am in a surface ship, so CVs are my exact polar opposite. Therefore, since I am 100% NOT to blame for the loss, the CV must be 100% to blame for the loss. It's always the CV's fault when we lose.

It's always the CV's fault.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
17 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

What more could the losing CVs had done in this match?

How about sinking some ships; I hear that really helps you win matches.

• Cool 3

Members
1,154 posts
6,920 battles

Playing AS whatever makes you reliant on your team playing well.  Sure, you shut down the enemy CV but  you still have to do damage and rely on your team to be useful.

as for that match, you didn't do much damage.   You will do far better with the 2/0/2 loadout.  You can still abuse the saipans strafes all day long, and you will do more damage with the torps.   it also gives you more flexibility than using only 1 DB. 

• Cool 2

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles
23 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Playing AS whatever makes you reliant on your team playing well.  Sure, you shut down the enemy CV but  you still have to do damage and rely on your team to be useful.

as for that match, you didn't do much damage.   You will do far better with the 2/0/2 loadout.  You can still abuse the saipans strafes all day long, and you will do more damage with the torps.   it also gives you more flexibility than using only 1 DB. 

Would you prefer a CV that protected you from the CV, are one that was worried about his own kills.

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
15 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Would you prefer a CV that protected you from the CV, are one that was worried about his own kills.

Perhaps one that won games by contributing?

Members
1,154 posts
6,920 battles
17 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

You can do both.  Especially in a saipan.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
15 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

What i prefer ( and to be clear this is not an accusation) is that no matter the loadout is do the best job for the team.

Racking up a ridiculus damage number may help, and killing all the planes may help. But the cv because of the mobility of the planes can slow an advance, push a retreat, kill low HP ships that are hiding, and spot targets if an entire flank smokes up. They can single handedly change the battle, not from dpm, but from mobility and multi-utility.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

People do a lot of things out of ignorance. Hell, I was called an idiot CV in ranked today. Nevermind that I got a high caliber, multiple kills, and was going up against another unicum CV. Both CVs were capitalizing on instances where we bested eachother, and so I'm an idiot CV.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, LupusMalum said:

Pictures say it all.

corrected pic.png

Hold up. Your CVs finished 1 and 2 on the team, their two CVs finished the bottom half. The forums have assured me this loss is impossible.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

Pictures say it all.

Yes, picture does say it all.

Shooting down 57 planes means nothing if you're not removing enemy ships. Had you contributed more to damage and removing ships much like the Kaga was doing next to you in score, you could have far more likely won. The reality is, CV's, have a high skill floor and looking at your stats shows you're still struggling with that skill floor although you seem to be doing well in Kaga.

Overall, yes, you could have done more if you were running the 2/0/2 Load out. There is a reason why I don't touch my CV's anymore and that's because it takes Hundreds of Hours of practice to properly push the skill floor with manual drops to be beyond "good" and to get into "Great".

You seem to be on the right path, but I would seriously suggest working on TB's for the Saipan over the AS build.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles
7 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Hold up. Your CVs finished 1 and 2 on the team, their two CVs finished the bottom half. The forums have assured me this loss is impossible.

Thank you, I thought as long as a kept the enemy CV in prison. My teammates could do their part. Silly me.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

I only read the title of this post, but I can't resist popping in.

If you see me in a CV in a match, and you lose than feel free to blame me. If I was on your team, part of your defeat was probably my lousy carrier play. If you're not on my team but we win anyway, I'll be happy to take some of the credit for the win. I may be lousy but I usually manage to do something constructive XD.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles

No, just 90% of the time you can blame them

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,244 posts
17,255 battles
25 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

You can do both.  Especially in a Saipan.

Don’t make me laugh.

11 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

I would seriously suggest working on TB's for the Saipan over the AS build.

Maybe if I hadn’t seen those worthless three plane squads repeatedly shot to hell by AA, even when attacking isolated targets, I might believe you.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Bad 1

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles

Nope got a kill, without giving up one and still loss :(

shot-18.05.01_20.34.53-0517.jpg

c1.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
4 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Thank you, I thought as long as a kept the enemy CV in prison. My teammates could do their part. Silly me.

In all honestly though, this was why I used to really hate USN fighter heavy carriers. I used to play Ranger and Lexington in full strike. Sure, in 3/4 of possible MM results I was screwed, but could usually still manage more damage than a fighter Ranger/Lex and in the 1/4 where I wasn't screwed I could kill bodies. Fighter CVs make it more difficult for their own team to lose battles. Carriers with strong offense and enough fighters to get buy for a little why make it more difficult for the enemy team to win. 

People might think that if you make it harder for your own side to lose, that must mean it becomes harder for the other side to win, but it doesn't. Fighter carriers are like the RPG equal of a passive buff. They certainly provide a benefit, but if you're going down even with that buff, you're still going down. Strike carriers are like the RPG equal of some really powerful cooldowns. You pick and choose where to use them in order to actively overwhelm and destroy the enemy. Similar verbiage when stated simply (one makes defeat more difficult while the other makes winning easier) but the essence of the two are extremely different.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
263 posts
14,752 battles

Pictures say it all.

corrected pic.png

Proof that AS does not win.  The only time AS shuts down a red CV is if they are a bad CV driver.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles
29 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Perhaps one that won games by contributing?

Keeping my team alive isn't contributing?

Beta Testers
263 posts
14,752 battles
1 minute ago, LupusMalum said:

Keeping my team alive isn't contributing?

Obviously you did not.  AS requires your team to make up for your lack of damage output.

[RLGN]
Members
8,244 posts
17,255 battles
2 minutes ago, False_Premises said:

Proof that AS does not win.  The only time AS shuts down a red CV is if they are a bad CV driver.

Exactly.

Seen plenty of AS Bogues do that, then die to some destroyer or cruiser they couldn’t do any damage to.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
225 posts
12,892 battles
2 minutes ago, False_Premises said:

Obviously you did not.  AS requires your team to make up for your lack of damage output.

But if I am stopping the enemy CV damage output and spotting DDs, etc; isn't that doing my part?

Sign in to follow this