You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

T10 Ranked - What Ships Are Working for You?

What ship(s) are you using to grind through T10 Ranked?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What T10 ship(s) are you using?

• Gearing
    • Des Moines
    • Montana
    • Khabarovsk
    • Grozovoi
    • Moskva
    • Z-52
    • Hindenburg
    • G. Kurfurst
    • Henri IV
    • Republique
    • Shimakaze
    • Zao
    • Yamato
    • Minotaur (radar)
    • Minotaur (smoke)
    • Conqueror
    • Yueyang (radar)
    • Yueyang (smoke)
    • Midway
    • Hakuryu

23 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles

Simple curiosity question, as the title says......for the T10 portion of Ranked, what ships are working for you so far?

I'm interested to know as I wade my way into R9, and also since we've yet to see a T10 Ranked season up to this point.

So, what's getting you through the grind?

Edited by Ace_04

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

Bummer, no bacon option? I haven't had a chance to play yet but I am curious to see what results you find.

Edited by RipNuN2

[CUTE]
Members
163 posts
12,632 battles

22 and 3 right now with the Des Moines.  3 losses only 2 of those were CV games where my team death balled and gave up flanks.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

DM has been reliable for me so far- especially given that the BB concentration is a lot lower from the lower ranks. Each cruiser has its element but Radar is especially handy. Interesting I haven't seen a single Moskva out there yet. Quite a few zao and Hindies and of course A few DMs almost every game but no moskvas. 

Edited by Gascan75

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles

A.  I notice that the tier 10 CVs aren't in the poll.

B.  How many tier 10 CVs are you guys seeing in Ranked?

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

A.  I notice that the tier 10 CVs aren't in the poll.

B.  How many tier 10 CVs are you guys seeing in Ranked?

You're right.  They are so rare I didn't even factor them into the poll.

I'll add them now.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,744 battles

Haven't gotten there yet, but I'm somewhat intrigued by t10 Ranked. Guess I should play more than 2 games.

It's just so hard to press "Battle" lately.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles

It's a small sample size so I may have just gotten lucky in my teams today, but of my 8 tier 10 ranked games so far, I'm 5-2 in Republique and 1-0 in Z-52. 

I was honestly unsure if Republique would do well in ranked despite her being my strongest tier 10 ship overall in randoms. I knew Z-52 would be my go-to DD, but I was prepared to switch to my GK or Conqueror for my go-to BB if Republique struggled.  So far, though, she's been a beast. I've potatoed a couple times pushing too hard, but of the 2 losses, one was so bad there's no way anyone could have carried it (when you have one DD and he argues that he can't cap because then the red ships will know where he is, while your other BBs are rushing for the back wall, you're gonna have a bad time) and the other one was just a hard-fought loss where I overextended and paid for it. Out of 5 wins, I hard-carried one, pulled my weight in 3, and got carried once. She's quirky, and definitely not a boat in which anyone can jump in and do at least ok in like Conqueror or GK, but she's definitely workable and the fact that she fits my playstyle like a glove in randoms holds true for ranked as well. 

. I run her in a brawler build, and her DPM when in secondaries range is fearsome. Her 8-gun salvoes are balanced by the quicker reload; when someone shows me broadside, I'm much more likely to be ready to fire since she reloads in 20 or so seconds with the right build. Her speed allows me to reposition quickly and move to where I can influence the match, and while she's anything but tanky, she can shrug off damage while angled as well as any other BB so I just need to be  cognizant of my positioning so I don't end up in a situation where I can't angle against everything. Her speed boost also helps me get out of trouble; I can get my ship around while the opposing BB is reloading and transition from approach to moving away while minimizing the time my broadside is exposed. 

I will probably go about 50/50 between Z-52 and Republique now that I've established Republique works for me in ranked. Z-52 speaks for itself; she's the best cap control boat in the game. I'll see whether I have the patience to finish the grind all the way up with these two boats. 

Edited by poeticmotion

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles
9 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

It's a small sample size so I may have just gotten lucky in my teams today, but of my 8 tier 10 ranked games so far, I'm 5-2 in Republique and 1-0 in Z-52. 

I was honestly unsure if Republique would do well in ranked despite her being my strongest tier 10 ship overall in randoms. I knew Z-52 would be my go-to DD, but I was prepared to switch to my GK or Conqueror for my go-to BB if Republique struggled.  So far, though, she's been a beast. I've potatoed a couple times pushing too hard, but of the 2 losses, one was so bad there's no way anyone could have carried it (when you have one DD and he argues that he can't cap because then the red ships will know where he is, while your other BBs are rushing for the back wall, you're gonna have a bad time) and the other one was just a hard-fought loss where I overextended and paid for it. Out of 5 wins, I hard-carried one, pulled my weight in 3, and got carried once. She's quirky, and definitely not a boat in which anyone can jump in and do at least ok in like Conqueror or GK, but she's definitely workable and the fact that she fits my playstyle like a glove in randoms holds true for ranked as well. 

. I run her in a brawler build, and her DPM when in secondaries range is fearsome. Her 8-gun salvoes are balanced by the quicker reload; when someone shows me broadside, I'm much more likely to be ready to fire since she reloads in 20 or so seconds with the right build. Her speed allows me to reposition quickly and move to where I can influence the match, and while she's anything but tanky, she can shrug off damage while angled as well as any other BB so I just need to be  cognizant of my positioning so I don't end up in a situation where I can't angle against everything. Her speed boost also helps me get out of trouble; I can get my ship around while the opposing BB is reloading and transition from approach to moving away while minimizing the time my broadside is exposed. 

I will probably go about 50/50 between Z-52 and Republique now that I've established Republique works for me in ranked. Z-52 speaks for itself; she's the best cap control boat in the game. I'll see whether I have the patience to finish the grind all the way up with these two boats. 

I've considered taking Republique into Ranked as well (for the same reasons as you), but haven't bit the bullet yet.

To be honest, I'm only up to Rank 9 for now, but I've been surprised at the cruiser heavy meta up to that point.  All the camping Des Moines can make for a very stale match if the DD's can't push into caps (and no BB's to counter the DM's).

So far, I'm going all American with Gearing, Des Moines, and probably will give Montana a go.  If that goes stale, Republique, Hindy, and Z52 might see some action.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

I haven't got to that point yet in Ranked, but I'll most likely be rotating on Zao and Yamato. My fletcher hasn't finished unlocking Gearing so I'm stuck with those two choices. Hearing how much it's been cruiser heavy with a lot of bow on cruisers, my Yammy might be a good option to break up radar.

[SEC_8]
Members
143 posts
3,508 battles

I have seen several games where both top players on each side are in a Hindenburg...

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles
6 minutes ago, Torpin said:

I have seen several games where both top players on each side are in a Hindenburg...

With the cruiser heavy meta yesterday, I seen a few Yamatos easily top the scoreboards.

[SF-3]
Members
1,521 posts
8,107 battles

I voted based on the ships I have. I only have three T10's, Montana, Yamato and Hindenburg, of those Hinden is my best, I just got Yamato. I just made it to R10 last night so haven't played any games. We will see in a few days how things start to flesh out. If the CA heavy meta holds out probably bring a BB, otherwise will be rocking Hiden.

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,610 battles

I haven't played enough ranked battles yet to actually get into Rank 10.  But if things go the same way as my T8 battles, I'll probably be using my Gearing.  I'm 6-0 in my Kidd right now, topping the team 4 of the 6 times.  It seems good DD play is the difference maker most games.

I'm interested to see if the cruiser heavy meta will continue.  If it does, I might just take out my Montana.  I'd believe that this meta is a direct result of CB being limited to 1 BB.

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles
24 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I haven't played enough ranked battles yet to actually get into Rank 10.  But if things go the same way as my T8 battles, I'll probably be using my Gearing.  I'm 6-0 in my Kidd right now, topping the team 4 of the 6 times.  It seems good DD play is the difference maker most games.

I'm interested to see if the cruiser heavy meta will continue.  If it does, I might just take out my Montana.  I'd believe that this meta is a direct result of CB being limited to 1 BB.

The cruiser meta is actually probably more of a by-product of T10 radar being so strong.  With Moskvas and Des Moines everywhere, it can really make it tough for DDs to push any cap points.

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,610 battles
28 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The cruiser meta is actually probably more of a by-product of T10 radar being so strong.  With Moskvas and Des Moines everywhere, it can really make it tough for DDs to push any cap points.

True, but any good DD knows how to bait a radar.  With teams being so uncoordinated, it's probably even easier.  That's why I've found good DD play normally makes the difference in any competitive environment. 

[TASH]
Members
7 posts
6,202 battles

If there are lots of static BBs around, I play Conqueror.

If they push, I fire HE. If they camp, I fire HE. If they shoot at me, better me than my cruisers. And if they run? Good. And if DDs pop up, lone and vulnerable? Well, they get ridiculous showers of hot HE ejections splattering against their side plating and superstructure, breaking modules and just inching them further towards a fiery, explosive climax that they are unwilling to experience erupting forth from inside their inner bulkheads.

When BBs get 2 fires lit, they have to DCP and run away for a bit, pushing them away. As long as I don't get DPM'ed down by cruisers or torped, Canceror is disgusting.
I had a Monty and a GK push into C cap midgame on mountain range, while I was less than 12 km away from them. By judiciously using island cover, angling, and spamming HE, they got torched, and their push completely stalled. DD spotting helped immensely, though.

Sure, a cruiser might do this better, but Megazao is Megazao. And a BB. And a zombie.
I usually don't get to top of leaderboard in Conqueror, but this disgusting ship does help my team break up camping and pushing non-HE-slinging BBs. All I have to do, is hope my team works together and doesn't crumble in the meanwhile.

[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

I’m struggling to find the ship at tier 10 that I can consistently carry with. I’ve played hindy, gearing, yy, shima, khaba, conq. 

None of them are even close to the 70%wr i had with Prinz Eugen.

If i play DD i get no support and cant save a star cuz DD at ten dont get crazy damage. If i play cruisers or BB all my DD are dead in 3 min. 

I’ve decided to just play whatever seems like the most fun and then play to win and dont worry about countering the meta too much.

[O7]
[O7]
Members
289 posts
12,304 battles

If theres CVs in queue I bring Gearing. If not I bring either Republique or Montana. Republique has felt much better though.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

Khabarovsk 0%...lol.  Agreed completely...but still...a poll like this you'd think would have drug in at least one Khab die hard. 

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,099 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Khabarovsk 0%...lol.  Agreed completely...but still...a poll like this you'd think would have drug in at least one Khab die hard. 

Khab, who is super strong in Randoms.....should definitely not be brought to Ranked (at least in a DD role).