You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
oldrustyguns

BigWorld Client unhandled Exception Error Pink

6 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,504 battles

So now, because of the new " no movement and AFK penalties" I'm pink for at least 3 games. 7.4 update helped the "BigWorld Client unhandled exception error" crash for 2 days. I try the "preference settings" folder massage as well but, if I crash at the beginning or during a game, I immediately try to reload the game & explain to my team I didn't abandon them. Well, I didn't get back in the game fast enough & I was penalized for not moving, although my guns had begun to rotate when the game crashed. This is total [edited] & I'd just as soon go back to Xbox than play under penalty due to an "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION". Period.

Edited by oldrustyguns
new
  • Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
27 minutes ago, oldrustyguns said:

So now, because of the new " no movement and AFK penalties" I'm pink for at least 3 games. 7.4 update helped the "BigWorld Client unhandled exception error" crash for 2 days. I try the "preference settings" folder massage as well but, if I crash at the beginning or during a game, I immediately try to reload the game & explain to my team I didn't abandon them. Well, I didn't get back in the game fast enough & I was penalized for not moving, although my guns had begun to rotate when the game crashed. This is total [edited] & I'd just as soon go back to Xbox than play under penalty due to an "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION". Period.

The two parts I made bold are important. If you get an AFK penalty from crashing at the beginning or during a game, maybe you should send a ticket in. The new system looks at total movement at the end of the game. If you rejoin and play you will not turn pink. If you move then disconnect, you will not turn pink. If you disconnect at the start and don't bother rejoining the game, you turn pink. Or if you are not active for 75% of the battle you turn pink. These requirements are easy to meet considering if your game crashes it takes maybe 2 minutes to get back into the game.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles

The whole AFK system is FUBAR'd; I'm just wondering how many posts it will take before WoW realizes it.

Members
82 posts
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The whole AFK system is FUBAR'd; I'm just wondering how many posts it will take before WoW realizes it.

FUBAR is relative.  There have been people clamoring for just such a system very loudly and for a long time.  And I suspect many of the loudest and most persistent of those voices belong to players who drop significant money on the game, so WG would be more likely to be responsive to them.

The bottom line is that WG tries to make money.  If the new AFK/TK system makes WG more money, it will be here to stay.  If the new system results in WG losing money, it will quickly disappear.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
34 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

The bottom line is that WG tries to make money.  If the new AFK/TK system makes WG more money, it will be here to stay.  If the new system results in WG losing money, it will quickly disappear

Can't disagree with that; though I am seeing a lot of complaints about this new system, like multiple complaints every day. But, yeah; it certainly is all about the cash.

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,504 battles
16 hours ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

The two parts I made bold are important. If you get an AFK penalty from crashing at the beginning or during a game, maybe you should send a ticket in. The new system looks at total movement at the end of the game. If you rejoin and play you will not turn pink. If you move then disconnect, you will not turn pink. If you disconnect at the start and don't bother rejoining the game, you turn pink. Or if you are not active for 75% of the battle you turn pink. These requirements are easy to meet considering if your game crashes it takes maybe 2 minutes to get back into the game.

The particular crash I'm referring to crashed 2  more times when I tried to get back into the battle. By the time I got a stable reload the game was over & I was pink. I'm fully aware a normal reload is 2 to 3 mins. What I am saying is fact . Why pay for premium when I have to worry about disappointing other members with my absence, through no fault of my own, and get a reprimand on to boot.