You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Baskerville77

One of my best games ever

14 comments in this topic

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,877 battles

Okay, so first off, I've been on a bit of a bad streak lately. Not in terms of losses, but more my contribution. I've had games where I missed almost every shot, games where I apparently developed a craving for tin fish, games where I manged to blow all my charges of radar without actually spotting anything, you name it. Most of my wins have been people breaking their backs pulling me to the finish line. I gotta say though...

5ae8e1d78fef6_WorldofWarships5_1_20182_39_13PM.thumb.png.47d320cc413ebfb5016f0fe6014e2669.png

It feels great to be on the other side of that.

I uploaded the replay to Wows replays, and I'm for sure gonna send it to Jingles, that would just be the icing on the cake if he featured it.

In any case, here's the replay if any of you wanted to take a look at it:

https://replayswows.com/replay/22108#stats

Now I'm gonna take a short break to let the adrenaline wear off.

• Cool 5

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

Good game, but I don’t think Jingles will feature it, unless there is stupid and epic torpedobeats at every turn, good luck though, keep getting better!

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, DreadRaybo said:

Good game.  I call that a Kraken Plus. :Smile_great:

We in ARRGG call that a Smacken   Good Game OP

• Cool 4

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Scharnhorst is a great vessel that will continue to produce for you if you keep being reasonably aggressive with it. Most of my "best games ever" were in Scharnhorst. Great game!

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,877 battles
12 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Good game, but I don’t think Jingles will feature it, unless there is stupid and epic torpedobeats at every turn, good luck though, keep getting better!

Naw, just some mild torpedobeats, mostly because I was using and abusing the WASD hack to try and avoid all the shells thrown my way. The only time I came close to messing up a Initial-D drift was when I couldn't see the torpedo well through the fire and flames coming off my ship. 

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
30 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Naw, just some mild torpedobeats, mostly because I was using and abusing the WASD hack to try and avoid all the shells thrown my way. The only time I came close to messing up a Initial-D drift was when I couldn't see the torpedo well through the fire and flames coming off my ship. 

The ever reliable WASD hax, fair enough their weren’t many torpedobeats.

EDIT: because you were using the hackpack from skillz.com.

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,467 battles

Well done. Scharnhorst is a very capable ship in the right hands.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles

Very nice game! Moah must come your way...

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, GabeTheDespot said:

The thing with most CC's is that just an everyday great game isn't enough to get them to use it.  The game needs to be special in some way.  Some kind of epic moment that makes the replay worthy.

[SF-A]
Members
2,890 posts
5,674 battles

You can get in into a Jingles video. Even if it's not the most ridiculous thing he'll see, it's great for videos where he goes over ships or themes of the game. Additionally, CCs may use clips of nice kills or cool moments. If you're daring, submit it to someone like Flamu for critique.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
19 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

You can get in into a Jingles video. Even if it's not the most ridiculous thing he'll see, it's great for videos where he goes over ships or themes of the game. Additionally, CCs may use clips of nice kills or cool moments. If you're daring, submit it to someone like Flamu for critique.

Critique? More like calling out everything they do wrong lol, to be fair, Flamu critiquing your play is a great way to learn.

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,877 battles
4 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Critique? More like calling out everything they do wrong lol, to be fair, Flamu critiquing your play is a great way to learn.

Yeah. I find it more useful to have someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, since, well, I probably know what I'm doing right, as evidenced by me, you know, actually doing it.

26 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

If you're daring, submit it to someone like Flamu for critique.

So I take it he goes more in depth about what happened? Man, that a tough choice, him or Jingles. On one hand, I do want to improve, on the other, I don't want to have the memory of this game spoiled by someone pointing out all the opportunities I gave the other team to end me.

Well, I already sent the email to Jingles, so...

• Cool 1