You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xanthro

Ranked needs change to XP, it's riduclous

36 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
220 posts
6,755 battles

The beyond heavy emphasis on damage in the game is literally rewarding horrible play, especially by BBs.

Two games, the WORST player on the team, in a BB, who contributed nothing to the possibility of winning the match, got the most XP, because the BB sat in the back at maximum range, hit a few others BBs, then once everyone else on the team was dead, killed one of the crippled ships and secures top spot and doesn't lose a star.

Many BBs are playing this game match after match, they are not even attempting to win in the match, they sit back doing nothing until either the match is decided in their team's favor, without that participation of the BB, or when it's apparent it's a loss, go dark until everyone else on the team dies and hope to farm enough damage or kill enough crippled ships to not lose a star.

Players who do this should NEVER be the top XP in a ranked match. It's ridiculous.

• Cool 3

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

While they may not be losing a star by doing that, they're not doing much to increase their odds of gaining a star. And I hear it's hard to rank out if you don't gain stars.

• Cool 3

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,964 battles

Simple fix.  No star saves or at least take it away at a particular rank.

• Bad 1

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,964 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

:cap_popcorn:

Keep doing this you will get a warning.

• Bad 1

Members
1,936 posts

A BB would have to be racking up quite a bit of damage to get top XP. Ive come in second place a couple times with  120k+ damage (wins, thankfully).

To be honest you sound like one of those  DDs that gets blapped in the first few minutes then whines in chat while the team tries to carry him.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DENY]
Members
220 posts
6,755 battles
11 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

As a battleship player, I am going to have to try that. It sounds like a solid strategy.

It is a solid strategy, which is the problem, it shouldn't be. A BB can do that and just ram a ship to die and often come out on top in XP.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
220 posts
6,755 battles
10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

While they may not be losing a star by doing that, they're not doing much to increase their odds of gaining a star. And I hear it's hard to rank out if you don't gain stars.

But, if you never lose a star, or rarely lose a star, you'll still advance in rank because the other 6 members of your team can sometimes win matches without you.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Where does it say a player has to play by the  standards of Teamwork?

What makes Ranked different from any other mode?

The same Player Base playing a mode doesn't guarantee  Teamwork.

• Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,964 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Where does it say a player has to play by the  standards of Teamwork?

What makes Ranked different from any other mode?

The same Player Base playing a mode doesn't guarantee  Teamwork.

Dang it I want to see what rank you were.....

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Nachoo31 said:

Dang it I want to see what rank you were.....

Rank 15 and not trying to advance. Just playing till I get bored

[DENY]
Members
220 posts
6,755 battles
3 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

A BB would have to be racking up quite a bit of damage to get top XP. Ive come in second place a couple times with  120k+ damage (wins, thankfully).

To be honest you sound like one of those  DDs that gets blapped in the first few minutes then whines in chat while the team tries to carry him.

I've been second in XP in everyone one of those losing matches, and second by less than 50 XP. My last two matches I've been top XP by over 400 XP on my team.

Someone outplays me and we lose, not a problem at all. But when the worst player on the team gets top XP for farming damage in a manner that does nothing to help win the game, that's ridiculous.

It's the exploitative nature that is the issue. No ship should be able to sit back out of harms way for most of the match and get top XP in a ranked game. It doesn't mean that BBs should be suicidal or stupid, but they shouldn't be able to hide most of the match and fight to not lose a star.

[-TKS-]
Members
301 posts
5,950 battles

do you get points for possible damage . if you make it to the end of the game and have 5 ships shooting at you thats a lot of potential damage . 

Members
25 posts
6,804 battles

This doesn't add up.  If a player does nothing most of the match and then kills a crippled ship at the end and is 1st on the losing team, I would submit the other 6 players couldn't have done much at all, and the game was destined to be a loss regardless of this one camper.

• Cool 5

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

All of you guys have to know the Player Base and what it consists of.

Ranked is just another way to get EXP and Credits.

Why Do you think it is any other way?

I play Ranked for the EXP and Credits only. {Don't care for a pirate skull n crossbones flag}

I follow the team plan do my best and ALWAYS get EXP and Credits to the positive.

I don't worry about losing a "STAR" nor Gaining one. I am safely in one of the Safe Zones {rank 15}

If I get to the next one I don't worry about it going back to 15 it is a safe Zone.

If by some miracle I make it to 10 is all good ,but not because of any player devotion to the teams.

I am in a good place for mind and soul.

I gave up on team work in all modes but Clan Battles.

Haters gonna Hate

• Cool 1

Members
155 posts
10,370 battles

As I understand running a premium ship  with a premium acccount will give you more XP although I am not sure if this is the case in ranked.

That player that got top XP may have done more than you realized, potential damage, cap resets etc. will give a nice bit of xp.

The thread below summarizes the best way to earn XP, have a look, there maybe a few things that you are missing, although looking at your profile you seem to know what you are doing.

Edited by denismc66

[STP]
Members
102 posts
9,655 battles

WoWs does not reward BBs? My god...

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,029 battles

If a BB gets top exp in ranked he was carrying the team.  You need to deal an insane amount of damage to outperform a decent dd or cruiser. 

If a camping BB manages it, either the team yolo-rushed or he was doing a good Yamato impression. 

• Cool 1

[STP]
Members
102 posts
9,655 battles

What more can WG give BBs? Infinite AA? Infinite armor? 100% detonation shells?

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,721 battles
4 minutes ago, denismc66 said:

As I understand running a premium ship  with a premium acccount will give you more XP although I am not sure if this is the case in ranked.

That player that got top XP may have done more than you realized, potential damage, cap resets etc. will give a nice bit of xp.

The thread below summarizes the best way to earn XP, have a look, there maybe a few things that you are missing.

In the case of Ranked for the purpose of saving a star, Base XP is used so a Premium ship wouldn’t make a difference since this affects the XP multiplier for a ship in XP bonuses earned (i.e. Total XP vs Base XP).

The one time in recent Ranked season where a Premium did make a difference was the last T7 Ranked season w/ the DD Sims.   This is a one off because the Base XP for this ship has a boost attached to it which gave it an advantage in Base XP for Ranked.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
220 posts
6,755 battles
32 minutes ago, Flying_butt_pliers said:

This doesn't add up.  If a player does nothing most of the match and then kills a crippled ship at the end and is 1st on the losing team, I would submit the other 6 players couldn't have done much at all, and the game was destined to be a loss regardless of this one camper.

It's not that they do nothing, it's that they do nothing to win the game. The BB sits at maximum range and fires at other BBs, even if there is a CA or DD closer. The BB attempts to farm damage, as opposed to supporting taking an objective. Then, if their team starts to win, the BB will move forward, if their team starts to lose, the BB goes dark and waits till everyone on the team is dead, then goes forward and tries to kill wounded ships and get more damage.

It's not a dumb move on the BBs part, as it probably for a number of BB players is the most effective way to rank, but the rules on how ships gets XP makes this possible, which is why the rules should be changed so that actions other than damage matter more in getting XP.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles

I think we need a "remove xp from the distance of shoot" :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1