You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Tactical Tip Tuesday - The Minimap

11 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
895 posts
5,909 battles

DcINRdYV4AA5CEL.jpg

Are you making good choices?

It is important to utilize all tools at your disposal to detect enemy vessels and protect you and fleet from potential danger.

Are you making proper use of your minimap and detection tools in pursuit of victory?

@BTed72 and @Mejash for today's Tactical Tip Tuesday!

https://twitter.com/WorldofWarships/status/991369494349172736

#tacticaltiptuesday

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

I appreciate the idea of bringing us tactical tips. 

Please be aware that I and, I'm sure, many others, don't do Twitter.  (Or Facebook for that matter.)  I hope WG is not adopting them as universal platforms.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I appreciate the idea of bringing us tactical tips. 

Please be aware that I and, I'm sure, many others, don't do Twitter.  (Or Facebook for that matter.)  I hope WG is not adopting them as universal platforms.

Very true, a lot never even join the forums

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

Press "+" to enlarge, don't worry about the minimize key.

Make the minimap big, keep your eyes on it till you have to aim and shoot. Once you finish shooting, move your eyes back; while you are shooting look at the minimap again during reloads.

Quick glances to the minimap regularly, extremely regularly.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Mini-map is useful. Wish I could take full advantage of it but ship names never display even with the setting enabled. Map size doesn't seem to matter, they just don't ever appear.

Edited by coletrain_commander

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Until they figure out the rendering issue you will see ships on the map first- then in game. The 5 seconds you have from minimap to game can help you get guns trained on target. Remember you aren't rendering on his screen either so if you're paying more attention to the minimap than he is you'll end up on top. 

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
9 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Until they figure out the rendering issue you will see ships on the map first- then in game. The 5 seconds you have from minimap to game can help you get guns trained on target. Remember you aren't rendering on his screen either so if you're paying more attention to the minimap than he is you'll end up on top. 

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
14 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

I've noted that the torpedo indicator also tells you where the ship direction is.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles

Wow, 5200+ games and i never even realized that there was a minimap ........ I'll probably do better now that I am aware of it!

• Boring 1

[OPEC]
Members
943 posts
5,108 battles
12 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Wow, 5200+ games and i never even realized that there was a minimap ........ I'll probably do better now that I am aware of it!

For sure - it even gives you valuable data on all of the islands that you need to avoid.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

For sure - it even gives you valuable data on all of the islands that you need to avoid.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Heeeyyyyyyy NOW!

• Funny 1