You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Pigeon's Weekly Thought May 1st, 2018

109 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,091 posts
3,765 battles

Hello Captain!

So I typically collect feedback for items that most people might be interested in or something I would be interested in improving. Now, I want to hear from you!

What is it you want to improve about World of Warships that bothers you from time to time? Is there a particular ship you feel needs attention? Something about a map? User Interface concerns? I'd like to know. That said, some topics I earnestly would not gain benefit from in the feedback portion, so let me list a couple that I would ask you don't leave feedback for:

- CV Rework: We know, we have seen the memes, and it's being worked on. Placing feedback on what's already being worked on won't be beneficial I'm afraid :fish_happy:

- CVs in Clan Battles: See above.

-National Flags: Honestly, this would simply not be constructive and a sore point for some. Let's avoid it. 

-National Political Icons on ships: You know the ones I'm talking about, and it's not worth feedback on. 

OK, that's all of the big items. I realize with this week of thoughts, I'm opening the proverbial "floodgates", so do be aware that for the sake of proper discourse and discussion posts that are could spiral into a quagmire of intense and heated arguments may be hidden.

I thank you all for you constructive input, as I do want to improve World of Warships and look forward to hearing about your pain points.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,820 posts
5,534 battles

There is still a lack of Torpillows in the premium shop.

• Cool 11

[CAPT]
[CAPT]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
853 posts
7,644 battles

The delay in render time when I spot ships, which prevents snap shots.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,738 posts
15,396 battles

I'd like to see Ranked Battles become less of a grind.  There are a couple ways to make this more comfortable:

1.  More irrevocable ranks - moving to 10 is nice and I feel a move in the right direction, but with T10 ships, we're going to see a lot of people unable to play because of lack of silver/credits.

2.  Enabling one division mate.  This is one person you can depend upon, or at least enjoy the game with.  Increase Ranked to 8v8 to keep the same 25% ratio of div to non div players if that matters. 

• Cool 5

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,921 battles

I want to see a full on spectator mode.  The camera controls are already there; you simply have to be dead to use them.  Give us the ability to JOIN a game as a spectator. 

Allow this not only for training rooms, but clan battles as well (maybe add a spectator slot or two into CB divisions).   We have a kludge-y system for streaming/casting competitive tournaments; let us do the same for clan battles, as well.  

• Cool 3

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,278 battles
4 minutes ago, Tedster_ said:

There is still a lack of Torpillows in the premium shop.

Agreed. @Pigeon_of_War please add torpillows to the merch store!

also did the haida project (naval legends) get cancelled or mothballed :/ was really reallyhoping to watch that video

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,278 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

I'd like to see Ranked Battles become less of a grind.  There are a couple ways to make this more comfortable:

1.  More irrevocable ranks - moving to 10 is nice and I feel a move in the right direction, but with T10 ships, we're going to see a lot of people unable to play because of lack of silver/credits.

2.  Enabling one division mate.  This is one person you can depend upon, or at least enjoy the game with.  Increase Ranked to 8v8 to keep the same 25% ratio of div to non div players if that matters. 

Sorry zath but got to disagree... divisoning in ranked is STUPIDLY op (i can tell already by dropping with clan buddys and having execellent cordination)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,268 posts
2,029 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

Not so sure about the second one, but this one I definitely agree with.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
566 posts
4,806 battles

I guess shell ballistics, or more specifically BB AP. The patch where underwater shell penetrations was bugged was fun though.

On maps I know there are some imbalances on sides (for example Atlantic favors the south team), but you’d have to ask people who are more well versed in tactics to go over this.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,868 posts
7,192 battles

The special, unique captains are great, such as Jack Dunkirk and the latest, Schiffman, but they very rarely have skills that are useful for CV players. Would it be feasible/acceptable to ensure that at least one of their skills is useful to cv players, or if not, to add a special cv related skill boost? (Aircraft Servicing Expert, for example, amount of aircaft hp +6% instead of +5%.)

(I noticed the new USN CV captain will have at least one skill commonly specced by CV captains)

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,091 posts
3,765 battles
Just now, Lord_Zath said:

-snip-

I'm afraid this very one option would make Ranked unfair to play unless the MM was tweaked accordingly. What's to keep a Rank 11 from Diving with a Rank 23? Perhaps blockers can be placed in this specific division code, but now what's the keep two highly skilled players from divisioning with comms and just running roughshod up the Ranks? Perhaps even in an evening. 

While I do agree Ranked mode would have more bonding options, I'm afraid their are too many variables to keep this fair across the board. 

[POP]
Members
1,236 posts
8,354 battles

There are two major (well, really minor) things that have been bugging me. 

1) The numbers in the module display for the next upgrade of a ship is either dark (if you can't afford it) or bright (if you can). But the dark numerals can't be seen well against dark backgrounds (like the space port). Can you please do some UI work and make it so the numerals are always visible. 

2) The missions have a separate screen that you have to click through (and back) to see the actual missions. This is unlike the events and other things (I forget what they are called). Please eliminate that. It's really annoying. 

Thank!

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,820 posts
5,534 battles
5 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

what's the keep two highly skilled players from divisioning with comms and just running roughshod up the Ranks? Perhaps even in an evening. 

I think that's the idea :Smile_trollface:

[TSPC]
Members
7 posts
6,340 battles

something boring would be to have all maps to be used in clan battles, kots, and ranked adjusted so that each side is identical, that way it wouldn't matter which side you spawn on. 

most are close but sometimes a small difference is enough to be really annoying to have or not have simply due to spawn.

examples are

islands of ice south cap, one island is so much better than the other

mountain range, east cap, south side has a really nice island near the cap that is very useful for a moskva while north side islands are much worse for cover

hotspots east cap: south spawn gets a really nice island to shove your DD and north side island is much worse

tears, north west cap has a large island for a radar for south side where north side gets a small pile of sand

etc. 

Members
734 posts

A pure mode for WoWS with their own random, ranked and clan modes, which you can only enter if your playing WoWS in pure mode (*), which means NO mods of any type and thus a level playing field for all.

(*) at low server population times someone playing in pure mode can also play in normal mode, but someone in normal mode cannot play in pure mode games.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Well from a gameplay standpoint, I'd say just make divisioning same-tier only.

As for more aesthetic stuff, I know a lot of people would love to see clan logos on their ships in some way, why not add a clan jack to ships? I know that historically speaking jacks are usually only flown in port, but it would be a good way to add clan flair to a ship without having to mess with the current flags. Also, I know that this falls under National flags so I apologize beforehand, but the ability to use Kaiserliche Marine flags on early German ships would be nice.

• Cool 1

[TSPC]
Members
7 posts
6,340 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

I'd say just make divisioning same-tier only.

agreed

[AR15]
Beta Testers
172 posts
3,055 battles

Here's an idea I think is worth looking into. I would suggest a preview video if the warships for new players that show some of the strengths and weakness of said ship so that they have a better understanding of them. Not thing longer than a 1min to 1min30sec vid. An example would be usn cruiser strength rapid firing guns, above average aa and weakness weak armor and high detection range. This is just a thought and I would hope to get some feedback on this idea.

• Cool 3

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I'd like to see the filters for ships in port to be more robust. Currently, for example, you can't sort to show only premium ships that still have the first win bonus. You /can/ select that, but it will show you all premium ships regardless of having first win bonus still or not. 

It would also be nice to have advanced search options to look for whole or partial ship names, or to filter by, say, only ships with deep run torps or only ships with a minimum AA rating defined in the search. Or maybe find ships that are within a defined XP value of the next tier of its line. 

Further, an option to "mothball" a ship, removing it from the port list without selling it, and only showing it if you select mothballed ships in the filter would be extremely helpful for collectors with a huge number of ships that don't often play more than a half dozen of them. Sure, we have set as primary, but you can't go wrong with more options to customize our ship lists. 

Oh and bring Kitakami back with Asashio torps to help solve the team killer problem. 

• Cool 4

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

What about bigger battles? 30 vs 30? Or is this a problem due population?

A tier 10 only game mode?

Edited by LemonadeWarrior
  • Cool 4

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,156 battles

This comes up a lot, and I only bring it up because I've gotten a dozen in the last two days.... Captain Slots from containers.  This isn't a huge deal, but just a little annoying.  If I receive camo or signals in a container, I can sell them.  I understand some people may need them, but I would wager that a lot of players out there have more than enough captain slots.  Perhaps the option to sell them?  I've got 175/209 captain slots available.  It doesn't bother me that they are there, but that I keep accumulating them unnecessarily.  Perhaps logic within the container code that checks for captain slots before giving them to you?  

Anyway, very very very minor annoyance.  

B

• Cool 3

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

So something like WoT's grand battles? I can dig it.

[POP]
Members
1,236 posts
8,354 battles
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

That would be epic. Join a battle, after you're killed, you can select a new ship and change the load out... then get back into the battle at your base. 

Have at least 3 maps side by side (or top to bottom) and each team has to completely control the caps on one map to move into the next map. Kill the enemy base to win. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

Enabling one division mate.  This is one person you can depend upon, or at least enjoy the game with.  Increase Ranked to 8v8 to keep the same 25% ratio of div to non div players if that matters. 

No. Disagree on this one. Ranked is you, not you and buddies in Discord comm. Too OP.

Edited by alexf24

[EREKT]
[EREKT]
Members
48 posts
6,110 battles

I'd like to see a German unique Capt. Maybe one that helps with torpedo armament expertise. Also maybe some Dutch ships, seeing as they had big roles but really haven't been touched on in game yet.