You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser: Tier 8 Rank Recommendation

31 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Notsers recommendations for T8 ranked.

All Types.

EDIT: There are also other vids in this thread further down. 

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,813 battles

Loyang is the king of DD in T8 ranked.  100% agreed with Notser, i haven't run across any other DD i couldn't owned, it allowed me to carry, earned top 1 spot often even on a loss, make tons of credits, and helped me progress from rank 23 to 10 in two nights worth of game plays.

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles

Ranked has become CV dominated in tier 8 today and I can only imagine what tier X is like at moment lol

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
306 posts
5,200 battles

I rode my North Carolina hard and played a handful of games in the atago

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I play ranked for the EXP and Credits I hang in rank 15 and play if i win to 14 I lose to go back to 15. I have no interest in ranking out. The EXP is what I am after. I don't have a stroke from frustration of the yo-yo. I don't Care about Stats. Ranked has become my EXP pinata.

7 Ships make it as long  as a Co-Op battle with better rewards. 

I don't give a rat's bubble behind for a win. Every game I play is in the Black.

Haters gonna Hate.

No Matter what.

Might as well do this for Me.

• Cool 3

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,033 battles

I only play till the green flag and I'm done. Total waste of time after that point.

What are we ranked on? How lucky we are to have better players on our team? That basically sums it up lol.

If they want to call it ranked, the winning team should all get one star and the top three XP earners on the team should get an extra star ( they can add a star to each rank to make up for this).
This would reward those who contributed the most and not the players who camped behind an island the entire battle.  

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,193 battles

This season only should have 1 "recommendation video" and it should be named "DO NOT BRING ASASHITIO INTO RANKED".

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,091 battles

I prefer to take advice from one of the top DD players on the EU server:

Flambass woukd never say “Radio Location is useless on Asashio.”

He rambles a bit and the video is painfully long.  However, it’s a far better analysis. 

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
306 posts
5,200 battles
6 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

He rambles a bit and the video is painfully long.  However, it’s a far better analysis. 

Flambass plays RPF on all his DDs. I think it’s a solid skill you rarely get caught with your pants down

• Cool 1

Members
395 posts
6,327 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ranked has become CV dominated in tier 8 today and I can only imagine what tier X is like at moment lol

I haven’t seen a CV yet in tier x ranks 10 to 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,986 posts
7,530 battles

Ive hunted down 4 dds in Lo Yang in one match, LY def the DD king, but honestly thats to be expected, that Hydro OP, only slightly less so with Z23.

Members
395 posts
6,327 battles
40 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I play ranked for the EXP and Credits I hang in rank 15 and play if i win to 14 I lose to go back to 15. I have no interest in ranking out. The EXP is what I am after. I don't have a stroke from frustration of the yo-yo. I don't Care about Stats. Ranked has become my EXP pinata.

I don't give a rat's bubble behind for a win. Every game I play is in the Black.

Haters gonna Hate.

No Matter what.

Ranked is most fun for me if I am leveling up a ship or captain and not stressed about winning, still care and try to win, but since I have ships to earn xp on and captains at 17-18 to level it’s the best combination of fun and progress.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
58 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

As in legitimately dominated, or people dual boxing?

Members
3,813 posts
14,142 battles
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ive hunted down 4 dds in Lo Yang in one match, LY def the DD king, but honestly thats to be expected, that Hydro OP, only slightly less so with Z23.

I've driven Lo Yang in 25 battles so far and have been doing good with her, she's a sweet cap contester. The hyro is sweet. Add RDF to your Captain and you wont get blindsided by a Red DD suddenly appearing.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Atago is king. Great supportive cruiser for your team’s destroyers. Combined with heal and a great torpedo angle. I personally think it is a way better choice over the Mogami.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
59 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Yup, here's another one too.

As far as I know, these are the only 3.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
29 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

As in legitimately dominated, or people dual boxing?

Legitimately dominated as in the CVs doing major damage and then killing each other.

Members
1,936 posts

I feel like Notser better represents the ability level of the average/slighty above average in a particular ship and is thus more useful for most of the people who watch these vids.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,813 battles
1 hour ago, gmrbull said:

Flambass plays RPF on all his DDs. I think it’s a solid skill you rarely get caught with your pants down

He isn't the only one, i have RPF on ALL my tier 10 ships, including BB and CA, one of the most useful hunting and survival skill and a must have for me.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,813 battles
46 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I haven’t seen a CV yet in tier x ranks 10 to 5

Luck you, i have played with them 3 to 4 times thus far in rank 10.   Now as soon as i see CV lined up in queue i immediately go back to my port to bring my AA spec Des Moines.

[SALVO]
Members
17,112 posts
17,794 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I only play till the green flag and I'm done. Total waste of time after that point.

What are we ranked on? How lucky we are to have better players on our team? That basically sums it up lol.

If they want to call it ranked, the winning team should all get one star and the top three XP earners on the team should get an extra star ( they can add a star to each rank to make up for this).  This would reward those who contributed the most and not the players who camped behind an island the entire battle.  

STINK, I know that this may burst your bubble, but I largely agree with you here.  Oh, I don't really agree with your final paragraph in detail, but I do agree with its underlying sentiment.

What I've said before is that I'd prefer a system of ranking where after the battle, all 14 players were mashed together on a single list, and the follow happened:

• Top 7 base XP earners earn a star, win or lose.  If you happen to be in the top 7 base XP earners in a loss, you will have had to have played VERY well indeed, since winning boosts your base XP.
  • Bottom 7 base XP earners on the winning team, do not win or lose a star.  You (probably) helped your team win, but really didn't do enough to deserve a star.  And if you can't play well enough to have earned more base XP than a player on the losing team, then you really don't deserve to gain a star, but since you did help your team win, you don't deserve to lose one either.  Play better next time.
  • Bottom 7 base XP earners on the losing team lose a star.  

This model rewards both playing to win and playing well. 

Also note that there's no guarantee that the top base XP earner on the losing team will gain a star or not lose one.  You have to play VERY WELL on the losing team to break into the top 7 base XP earners and gain a star.  Just being the least worst isn't enough, which is the problem with the current system.  The only incentive to play well on the losing team is to try to make sure that you do end up as the best loser.  But you can still be the best loser and still play poorly, just less poorly than the other 6 players on your team.  My idea tries to incentive both playing well and playing to win.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I'm not running RPF on my Lo Yang (soon, 18 points) but I've yet to be in a situation where I feel as though I've been caught because I didn't have RFP. I have it on other ships, and I like the skill, I'm just saying that because of the Hydro on the Yangbang you really mitigate the opportunity to be "snuck up" on. It's certainly useful, but not as essential as it might be on other Destroyers. It helps when capping more than anything I find.

I've gone 9 wins, 3 Losses so far on the season. RPF wouldn't have changed much in the losses.

Edited by Canadatron

[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Haters gonna Hate.

No Matter what.

When you say "every game I play is in the Black", are you talking about the ship of that name or the no-financial-loss condition? (Or both. IIRC these high-tier premiums pay very well.)

The thought popped into my head today that Ranked must be a bit like co-op battles against live players, but I'm sure it's not entirely true.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When you say "every game I play is in the Black", are you talking about the ship of that name or the no-financial-loss condition? (Or both. IIRC these high-tier premiums pay very well.)

The thought popped into my head today that Ranked must be a bit like co-op battles against live players, but I'm sure it's not entirely true.

Financial only. Yes you are right with the Co-Op comparison. Only difference is the Payouts are better.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,813 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

I'm not running RPF on my Lo Yang (soon, 18 points) but I've yet to be in a situation where I feel as though I've been caught because I didn't have RFP. I have it on other ships, and I like the skill, I'm just saying that because of the Hydro on the Yangbang you really mitigate the opportunity to be "snuck up" on. It's certainly useful, but not as essential as it might be on other Destroyers. It helps when capping more than anything I find.

I've gone 9 wins, 3 Losses so far on the season. RPF wouldn't have changed much in the losses.

RPF suit me as I play very aggressively with my loyang, i was always on the hunt for other ships hiding/camping/fleeing.  As a predator the RFP help me triangulate and pin point their direction, it's sort of like a compass assisting me to hunt down all of them, and where i should be heading to. I don't use it as a defensive mechanism for loyang, it's solely for predatory purpose.

For BB, the RPF tells me if there's DD sneaking from behind.

Edited by Xcalib3r