Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Combat Missions Rant

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles

Hi

I like Combat Missions, Challenges and Personal Missions like the next person but for love of god WG give us a new mode for these or something and leave Random for just going out and sailing and just sinking each other.

Just come out of a 4 game losing streak in my Scharnhorst, MY SCHARNHORST  who loses 4 games in a SCHARNHORST all because people chose to sail off chasing various ships to try to kill them and not be team players.

Had 1 game where 5 ships ( 3 BBs and 2 CAs ) decided to run off after a BB while leaving the 2 caps and the considerable points lead to be captured and the lead overturned and leaving the 2 or 3 ships trying to defend the caps focused fired on and destroyed, I myself was driven out of a cap by 3 CAs ( Molotov, La Galissonniere plus 1 other ) and a Kongo  which systematically Burnt me to the water line from 3 different angles, once the red team killed all the sensible cap defenders they picked off the brain dead flotilla.

Despite repeated calls for help and warnings of what was happening they kept sailing in formation as if in LaLa Land .

All for the sake of getting a ship for possible the GOLDEN WEEK MISSION ( kill 5 BBS )and to add insult to injury our last BB from the motley crew had to ram to get this pursued ship  because none them could sink it with there guns. :Smile_facepalm:

Another game Battleships were chasing after or sailing into smoke trying to kill stealth DDs while near dead CAs are sailing around unleashing napalm on them and being torpedoed by the DDs, while enemy BBs were falling over laughing at the nice juicy broad sides these Admirals were showing, again GOLDEN WEEK missions ( kill 5 DDs ).

My other 2  games had very similar incidents through out, now I don't claim to be a great player but I'm a team player missions are secondary if you do your job mission requirements should fall into place, when in the lead and controlling the map you finish your enemy off you don't give them chance to turn the tables, missions tend to make people play selfish and it ruins the game for people who are team players.

They say the weekend is not good for teams in random to many inexperienced people players WRONG they play through the week also

God give me strength

rant over

  

 

     

Edited by tm63au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I believe ranked will solve any issues you may have with teams in operations.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
743
[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

I think in the description is stated you can do the missions in whichever mode you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[WORX]
Members
1,884 posts
12,967 battles

Um, I know its a rant but, um, must of the events you describe will happen regardless of the combat missions, challenges or personal mission for that matter. Unlike you for which you blame the missions for it, I disagree, I blame WOWS for the class ship identity crisis. Creating a ship's class confusion more like ships class schizophrenia. Its possible, must are

  • Dedicated BB drivers
  • that don;t know how to drive a cruiser or a DD to sink a DD.
  • Because of WOWS catering to BBabies, many think I have big guns, a lot of armor, i'll shoot at DDs.
  • BBs are not DD hunters but when you give them cruiser tools ( especially radar) they play the BB as cruisers.

That is why team work fails because of the about points. I just have fun when that happens and hope the loss is enough to cure there mental disease. As you will find out some just dont have hope... Cheers !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles
30 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I think in the description is stated you can do the missions in whichever mode you want.

Yes I do know that so why don't these players go do the missions in Coop so as to not cause chaos in random

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles
43 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I believe ranked will solve any issues you may have with teams in operations.

Hi

Yes I'm about to make my escape from them and go into Rank shortly lets hope they have not gone in there now as well

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,421 posts
9,614 battles

Ahh..  the late-comers..  Missions end after Thursday.

Probably won't get the Varyag on the alt account --  Just have to cry myself to sleep over that one.  The XP and credits are too much.

Put forth an effort gaining only 3 digit XP for 2-3 kills and 56K damage T8 missions...   Guess 200% XP days are over.  Got half way there, but ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,827 posts
9,948 battles

relax, breath in, breath out   .............................................     my smurfess

54 minutes ago, tm63au said:

rant

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Um, I know its a rant but, um, must of the events you describe will happen regardless of the combat missions, challenges or personal mission for that matter. Unlike you for which you blame the missions for it, I disagree, I blame WOWS for the class ship identity crisis. Creating a ship's class confusion more like ships class schizophrenia. Its possible, must are

  • Dedicated BB drivers
  • that don;t know how to drive a cruiser or a DD to sink a DD.
  • Because of WOWS catering to BBabies, many think I have big guns, a lot of armor, i'll shoot at DDs.
  • BBs are not DD hunters but when you give them cruiser tools ( especially radar) they play the BB as cruisers.

That is why team work fails because of the about points. I just have fun when that happens and hope the loss is enough to cure there mental disease. As you will find out some just dont have hope... Cheers !

Naval

I agree with everything you have written those things happen even without Missions but when we do have them it seem to intensify the stupidity.

I'm about to try rank hope its safe

Cheers and good hunting sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,824
[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

There doesn't need to be a new battle mode.  Just go to coop or perhaps Operations to work the tasks that require kills (of BBs or of DDs) or plain ol' wins or wins where you finish in the top 5 XP on the team.    It's a lot easier to finish those kinds of tasks in coop.  OTOH, doing lots of main gun damage or torp damage or ribbons or torp hits (like the weekend challenges) were generally easier for me in Randoms.

Maybe it's just a case of experience and learning which mode is best for which tasks.  But it also requires one to not be too proud to play coop, if you want to get a task done quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I believe ranked will solve any issues you may have with teams in operations.

 

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

Yes I'm about to make my escape from them and go into Rank shortly lets hope they have not gone in there now as well

cheers

Sorry I was actually being sarcastic with that comment, I wouldn't want you to go to ranked purely due to others who have said how bad it has been, I thought you knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

There doesn't need to be a new battle mode.  Just go to coop or perhaps Operations to work the tasks that require kills (of BBs or of DDs) or plain ol' wins or wins where you finish in the top 5 XP on the team.    It's a lot easier to finish those kinds of tasks in coop.  OTOH, doing lots of main gun damage or torp damage or ribbons or torp hits (like the weekend challenges) were generally easier for me in Randoms.

Maybe it's just a case of experience and learning which mode is best for which tasks.  But it also requires one to not be too proud to play coop, if you want to get a task done quickly.

I will take the co-op option, if allowed, to fulfill any wonky goals. When it's not allowed, we get all these crappy matches. There was one I remember where you had to be the first to spot something, and I gunned my destroyers full speed ahead to spot. The results were not the best. The Varyag campaign didn't require any special efforts. We've got one coming up that's 50 plane kills, that should be interesting. You should blame the game, not the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,824
[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
54 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I will take the co-op option, if allowed, to fulfill any wonky goals. When it's not allowed, we get all these crappy matches. There was one I remember where you had to be the first to spot something, and I gunned my destroyers full speed ahead to spot. The results were not the best. The Varyag campaign didn't require any special efforts. We've got one coming up that's 50 plane kills, that should be interesting. You should blame the game, not the players.

I largely agree with you, Seadog, with one caveat.  If the task can be done in co-op and a player refuses to do it in co-op, then that's on him and not the game.

As for a 50 plane kill task, yeah, that should be "interesting".  I should say though that it depends on what requirements are attached to it.  Can you get the plane kills using carriers?  if so, then it'll be a lot easier.  And if co-op is allowed, it's a ton easier.  OTOH, if co-op nor carriers are allowed, then it's a TON more difficult, and the easiest way to get it done is to div up with a carrier player who is willing to drag planes over your anti-air cruiser for a few battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

I like Combat Missions, Challenges and Personal Missions like the next person but for love of god WG give us a new mode for these or something and leave Random for just going out and sailing and just sinking each other.

Just come out of a 4 game losing streak in my Scharnhorst, MY SCHARNHORST  who loses 4 games in a SCHARNHORST all because people chose to sail off chasing various ships to try to kill them and not be team players.

Had 1 game where 5 ships ( 3 BBs and 2 CAs ) decided to run off after a BB while leaving the 2 caps and the considerable points lead to be captured and the lead overturned and leaving the 2 or 3 ships trying to defend the caps focused fired on and destroyed, I myself was driven out of a cap by 3 CAs ( Molotov, La Galissonniere plus 1 other ) and a Kongo  which systematically Burnt me to the water line from 3 different angles, once the red team killed all the sensible cap defenders they picked off the brain dead flotilla.

Despite repeated calls for help and warnings of what was happening they kept sailing in formation as if in LaLa Land .

All for the sake of getting a ship for possible the GOLDEN WEEK MISSION ( kill 5 BBS )and to add insult to injury our last BB from the motley crew had to ram to get this pursued ship  because none them could sink it with there guns. :Smile_facepalm:

Another game Battleships were chasing after or sailing into smoke trying to kill stealth DDs while near dead CAs are sailing around unleashing napalm on them and being torpedoed by the DDs, while enemy BBs were falling over laughing at the nice juicy broad sides these Admirals were showing, again GOLDEN WEEK missions ( kill 5 DDs ).

My other 2  games had very similar incidents through out, now I don't claim to be a great player but I'm a team player missions are secondary if you do your job mission requirements should fall into place, when in the lead and controlling the map you finish your enemy off you don't give them chance to turn the tables, missions tend to make people play selfish and it ruins the game for people who are team players.

They say the weekend is not good for teams in random to many inexperienced people players WRONG they play through the week also

God give me strength

rant over

  

 

     

If at any time you think Team work is ever present in any battle  mode other than Clan Battles  you should stop doing those Drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,866 posts
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I largely agree with you, Seadog, with one caveat.  If the task can be done in co-op and a player refuses to do it in co-op, then that's on him and not the game.

As for a 50 plane kill task, yeah, that should be "interesting".  I should say though that it depends on what requirements are attached to it.  Can you get the plane kills using carriers?  if so, then it'll be a lot easier.  And if co-op is allowed, it's a ton easier.  OTOH, if co-op nor carriers are allowed, then it's a TON more difficult, and the easiest way to get it done is to div up with a carrier player who is willing to drag planes over your anti-air cruiser for a few battles.

Yes, if I have a wonky goal that can be done in co-op, for sure I'll do it there. But some of them have been random only in the past. The 50 plane kill task allows CVs and co-op, but only Tier VIII+. It's part of the last task, so if I'm running short in normal play, that is, without making any effort to shoot planes, I'll take Enterprise to co-op. I suck at carriers, so I don't take the ship in randoms, but this not the first time we have had a high-tier plane kill requirement, so it comes in handy for these situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,824
[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
5 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Yes, if I have a wonky goal that can be done in co-op, for sure I'll do it there. But some of them have been random only in the past. The 50 plane kill task allows CVs and co-op, but only Tier VIII+. It's part of the last task, so if I'm running short in normal play, that is, without making any effort to shoot planes, I'll take Enterprise to co-op. I suck at carriers, so I don't take the ship in randoms, but this not the first time we have had a high-tier plane kill requirement, so it comes in handy for these situations.

Yeah, I don't know if or when I'll be able to do those carrier based tasks in the Yamamoto campaign, since they're tier 8+ and my highest tier CV is tier 7, and I only rarely play any of them outside of co-op.  Not enough skill and not enough desire.  I may eventually graduate from the Ranger to the Lexington, but it won't be for a while if ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,866 posts
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yeah, I don't know if or when I'll be able to do those carrier based tasks in the Yamamoto campaign, since they're tier 8+ and my highest tier CV is tier 7, and I only rarely play any of them outside of co-op.  Not enough skill and not enough desire.  I may eventually graduate from the Ranger to the Lexington, but it won't be for a while if ever.

I am unworthy of Enterprise, but there was so much love for her, I had to have her in my port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
936 posts
10 battles

Who loses 4 games in a row in the Scharnhorst.....actually I do all the time. It is the ONE battleship in my fleet that I have a sub 1000 WTR in. I know it is not the ship it is me........I can not seem to get a handle on how to play her. I will have 35 main battery hits for 38k damage. I seem to get massive amounts of overpens. Usually about half my total hits. DO you have any pointers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
936 posts
10 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Um, I know its a rant but, um, must of the events you describe will happen regardless of the combat missions, challenges or personal mission for that matter. Unlike you for which you blame the missions for it, I disagree, I blame WOWS for the class ship identity crisis. Creating a ship's class confusion more like ships class schizophrenia. Its possible, must are

  • Dedicated BB drivers
  • that don;t know how to drive a cruiser or a DD to sink a DD.
  • Because of WOWS catering to BBabies, many think I have big guns, a lot of armor, i'll shoot at DDs.
  • BBs are not DD hunters but when you give them cruiser tools ( especially radar) they play the BB as cruisers.

That is why team work fails because of the about points. I just have fun when that happens and hope the loss is enough to cure there mental disease. As you will find out some just dont have hope... Cheers !

Respectfully I disagree with one aspect of your rant sir. I am pretty much a dedicated Battleship driver. I push cap points with cruisers and destroyers. If a destroyer is spotted you better believe I am going to shoot at it. If I get a 4k hit on an enemy destroyer while supporting my destroyer at a cap it gives him a HUGE advantage in a knife fight. If I have a destroyer who smokes up, I will charge him down, use torpedo beats, force him from his smoke and crush him. In my opinion, destroyers are the key to winning games, if I can get an enemy destroyer out of the game I will jump at that opportunity. Battleships are the last priority for me to shoot at. If I can kill a DD and some cruisers it gives my team a huge advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles
7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

 

Sorry I was actually being sarcastic with that comment, I wouldn't want you to go to ranked purely due to others who have said how bad it has been, I thought you knew.

yes I have played rank over time and I know its no picnic either but at this stage I'm prepared to face rank as there is only so many clowns that can be put on your team.

Least the death will be quick  not like agonizing pain the random has been lately.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

Sadly this does not explain the 2 bbs who chased the cruiser from b cap to a1.

I met quite a few grinding the mission for the varyag in coop. I pay attention when someone says they need (x), then do a one shot knocking the wind out of the dd or bb, and leave them the scraps to get the mission complete. Meanwhile i get the damage i need for xp and dont need to worry about wasting a part salvo and/or traverse to engage another taget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

I largely agree with you, Seadog, with one caveat.  If the task can be done in co-op and a player refuses to do it in co-op, then that's on him and not the game.

As for a 50 plane kill task, yeah, that should be "interesting".  I should say though that it depends on what requirements are attached to it.  Can you get the plane kills using carriers?  if so, then it'll be a lot easier.  And if co-op is allowed, it's a ton easier.  OTOH, if co-op nor carriers are allowed, then it's a TON more difficult, and the easiest way to get it done is to div up with a carrier player who is willing to drag planes over your anti-air cruiser for a few battles.

I play Coop if a mission can be done there and you right it much easier however not everyone seems to see it that way in my opinion and they go out in random get tunnel vision and focus on the wrong objective.

This is where the problem sometimes lies and costs games.

As I said in my original I'm totally not against those types of missions in random at all but people  just need to play like they want to win the game and the missions fall into place most missions have a good time limit to finish if you play enough games you should be able to finish them. 

If they just want to do the missions in a  half a hour flat go do it Coop and stop spoiling other peoples games.

I will repeat something I have said quite few times in posts over time.

I have no problem being curb stomped by a better team as long as my team tries there best.

I have no problem being beaten by the enemy team in a come from behind cliff-hanger by said enemy team.

And certainly don't mind the my team having new inexperienced players that are willing try there best but still get killed, they tried and they will learn from it. 

But what really grates me time and time again is the players that pi$$ fart around and spoil it for others.

regards 

Edited by tm63au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,824
[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
5 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I play Coop if a mission can be done there and you right it much easier however not everyone seems to see it that way in my opinion and they go out in random get tunnel vision and focus on the wrong objective.

This is where the problem sometimes lies and costs games.

As I said in my original I'm totally not against those types of missions in random at all but people  just need to play like they want to win the game and the missions fall into place most missions have a good time limit to finish if you play enough games you should be able to finish them. 

If they just want to do the missions in a  half a hour flat go do it Coop and stop spoiling other peoples games.

I will repeat something I have said quite few times in posts over time.

I have no problem being curb stomped by a better team as my team tries the best.

I have no problem being beaten by the enemy team in come from behind  cliff-hanger by said enemy team.

And certainly don't mind the my team having new inexperienced players that are willing try there best but still get killed, they tried and they will learn from it. 

But what really grates me time and time again is the players pi$$ fart around and spoil it for others.

regards 

I sympathize with you, tm63au.    

If the mission is a month long one, I might try to accomplish a task in randoms that's more easily done in coop (if you're in a hurry).  But when the mission has a shorter time frame, I tend to prefer to complete them mostly ASAP, just to get them out of the way.  And if that means doing them in coop if it's allowed, then I'm willing to do it.  But I do tend to have a pretty good idea which types of tasks are more easily done in randoms vs coop, and tailor how I work those tasks accordingly.

But regardless of mission tasks, I'm still playing to win.  But if I'm working a fire related mission, I might be playing better fire-starting ships, like a Zao or a Conqueror, etc.  And if I'm working torp missions, I'm probably using strong torpedo DDs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×