You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Positive story for yah all

7 comments in this topic

Members
249 posts
10,479 battles

There is a lot of complaining of salt in the battle chat. I thought I would counter with a story from a few days ago.

I was having a meh game - everywhere I sailed by the time I got there - the action had moved elsewhere. In general, contributing nothing to the game.

However, both sides were slowly losing ships. The salt was thick and heavy. My team had an early lead but was managing to squander it. The dead team mates were complaining about how the remaining players s*cked and they didn't know how to play, etc.

Down to 3 ships on our side to 2 of theirs. Opposing team has all caps. I cap C, B ... now 2 on 2 ... the Shima decides to go mano a mano with a Z-52. 

I carefully stayed away from the remaining 2 enemy team members as my team mates complimented me twice for knowing not to shoot and not to try to kill the enemy. We won on points.

So even though the salt was heavy - they did take time to send me the compliments :-)

• Cool 2

[STW-M]
Members
2,113 posts
5,924 battles

Agreed, stories like this are the sugar to the salt so prevalent in-game (god knows I'm guilty of that, including today).

A personal rule of me is to use up all compliments by the end of a day, either for teammates or enemies. Everyone who plays well or is well-behaved in chat deserves a signal of recognition.

You know, it'd be nice if WG would somehow make the compliments/reports system have some sort of effect in-game (though probably not battle-wise, since people would probably then mass-report the opposing team). Maybe people get a 1k silver per day for every positive point of karma?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

My karma went from 90 to 84 since ranked started.  :)  Salty, unforgiving bunch in there.

While I see no reason or way to reward people for high karma, it would be nice if it showed somewhere besides on my personal stat screen.

I give compliments for high caliber, confederate and kraken. If a DD smokes someone other than himself without being asked he gets a compliment.

The good days can be rare, but they are nice. Glad you had a good one.

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,199 battles

I actually had a few games today where fellow team members supported still playing members after the salt from the dead people started,

so yes there are still good people out there

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,353 battles
4 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

everywhere I sailed by the time I got there - the action had moved elsewhere. In general, contributing nothing to the game

Were you sailing the Colorado (or other USN standard BB)? Sorry I couldn't help myself. :Smile_hiding:If you choose the wrong flank in it you can spend the whole game chasing the action.

Bravo on staying hidden to secure the win, too many people are incapable of this and end up costing their team wins.

Members
249 posts
10,479 battles
16 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Were you sailing the Colorado (or other USN standard BB)?

New Orleans... definitely not a speed demon.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I'll weigh in with another nice story that happened Yesterday in ranked.

I was in Chappy and while not the greatest in it I'd figured out how to make it work. I'd ended up with the same guy for about 5 matches- first opposing but then we were on the same team. He got a little miffed at me once in our first row together but after that we just did our business- he was in a lo yang / benson... don't recall. He was really good in it.

Anyway in our last battle there was a Chappy on the other side from a "very good clan" and one of our guys said "watch out for their Chappy he's really good!"

The guy I referenced in the lo yang / benson immediately said "so is ours."

That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said in game to me and helped boost my ranked spirits. Thanks "Hom."

What's the nicest thing anyone has said to you in ranked this season?