You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

CV reporting in rank

49 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I'm new to ranked and i noticed generally in a loss with a CV i see lots of "report the CV" in rank matches. Is this common practice in rank matches after a loss?

Are CV's expected to carry matches more so than other ships?

Members
2,278 posts
4,107 battles
2 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I'm new to ranked and i noticed generally in a loss with a CV i see lots of "report the CV" in rank matches. Is this common practice in rank matches after a loss?

No different than randoms, lol

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
9 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

No different than randoms, lol

I dunno i find rank to be a lot more personal. Or at least it seems that way with the smaller match size.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Rule 1# if playing CV you will get reported for anything or just because someone hates CV

Rule 2# if you played a great match someone will still report you because your a CV

Rule 3# if you are not sure  if people will complement you if playing CV read rules 1 and 2 again 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
11 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

Rule 1# if playing CV you will get reported for anything or just because someone hates CV

Rule 2# if you played a great match someone will still report you because your a CV

Rule 3# if you are not sure  if people will complement you if playing CV read rules 1 and 2 again 

Yeah that sounds a lot more like what i actually see going on.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,068 posts
9,452 battles

People are going to report for silly reasons no matter what. Last night I got reported 3 times in one battle while driving a test ship and being top XP and winning the battle.

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

People are going to report for silly reasons no matter what. Last night I got reported 3 times in one battle while driving a test ship and being top XP and winning the battle.

Good thing karma isn't worth anything yeesh.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,822 posts
12,861 battles
2 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

You have a target on your ship, I remember feeling the same as a corgi cpt... its a bad/uneasy felling .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,054 posts
14,457 battles

The lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

Crush ships and give them something to really whine about.

[DKM]
Members
113 posts
14,540 battles

We had a CV rigging the match yesterday. The enemy CV wasted his planes into the other and try to pretend to snipe our CV. Some players saw always the same pair of CV´s. After the match the enemy midway had 1 plane shoot down and died early. I hope he get banned soon.

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,118 battles
1 hour ago, Pegneus said:

We had a CV rigging the match yesterday. The enemy CV wasted his planes into the other and try to pretend to snipe our CV. Some players saw always the same pair of CV´s. After the match the enemy midway had 1 plane shoot down and died early. I hope he get banned soon.

was with you in that 1 and actually watch how he was doing drops on the carrier he was actually playing, auto drops on TX really?

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles

No
But CVs are expected to not fail the team. 

[DKM]
Members
113 posts
14,540 battles

@Darthvader_9

yes, we played against each other with the cv rigging the game

Edited by Pegneus

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,118 battles
18 minutes ago, Pegneus said:

@Darthvader_9

yes, we played against each other with the cv rigging the game

at least you were on the winning side

[DKM]
Members
113 posts
14,540 battles
Just now, Darthvader_9 said:

at least you were on the winning side

and he nearly lost the game, because he couldnt hit a lonely bb with 3 torp bombers and and spotted the dd after he got so close i spotted him myself after the enemy midway was dead. I hope his [edited]get banned asap.

A new low for ranked

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Pegneus said:

and he nearly lost the game, because he couldnt hit a lonely bb with 3 torp bombers and and spotted the dd after he got so close i spotted him myself after the enemy midway was dead. I hope his [edited]get banned asap.

A new low for ranked

I reported both his asses but not sure it means anything, saw some 1 said thy gonna report him to WG

[DKM]
Members
113 posts
14,540 battles
Just now, Darthvader_9 said:

I reported both his asses but not sure it means anything, saw some 1 said thy gonna report him to WG

reports ingame do nothing. you need to submit a support ticket with a replay. that is the only way

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles
4 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

No.

In a normal random game, i only report people who cross a line in chat, and those that are killed afk, or are still afk by the time the match ends. Reports for poor play are VERY rare from me.

In ranked i do report for poor play, my reasoning being that it is a "higher" level of play. Things like the 1 bb who charges into c, after everyone agrees on a. I dont think i ever had to report a cv in ranked.

On a side note i have seen this report the cv in chat before during randoms. I almost universally compliment that player, unless they are afk.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

Its not the CV it's the quality of the player, to many times you see a CV player who is exceptional and the other one is plain awful, when this happens, that great CV player will wreck your team, while the other one just seems to do nothing.

Why people continue to think they will get better playing T 10 CV as bad as they do is beyond me, as it must get frustrating loosing so much because they're so bad, but no one can tell them not to play it, it's their right to push the battle button, just hope that bad CV player is on the red team.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
1 hour ago, Plaatduutsch said:

No
But CVs are expected to not fail the team. 

Define “failing the team,” I had report the CV chat against me when I went up against a 75% WR CV and was unable to do much, needless to say, I was murdered horrifically that match.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
608 posts
4,809 battles

CVs in ranked are a mixed bag. The same with a random game, good CVs can dominate. More so in ranked with less ships.

A bad CV hurts his or her team, as the opposing CV gets the edge. If they were equal CV players then that would be moot and id be happy for them!

I didn't report my CV from ranked today at the 10-5 level, Midway, 16 percent win rate in it........... even the opposing CV being bad, he had a field day!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
58 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Define “failing the team,” I had report the CV chat against me when I went up against a 75% WR CV and was unable to do much, needless to say, I was murdered horrifically that match.

Failing the team is putting yourself in a ship that you get outplayed in, and the result of being outplayed is a loss for everyone else.  When a CV gets outplayed badly, the result is nearly always a loss.  Essentially, the friendly CV drags the other CV into the game, then allows him to run wild.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
1 hour ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Seeing as you opened the door quoting a players stats, may we ask what yours are

If you were a good cv player you wouldn't of been murdered horrifically, as you put it.

35 minutes ago, _greifer said:

A bad CV hurts his or her team, as the opposing CV gets the edge. If they were equal CV players then that would be moot and id be happy for them!

^^ this is exactly the problem, regarding cv

[SYN]
Members
546 posts
6,157 battles
6 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Why? Either they already know it was a bad game... or they don't care.  Save reports to compliment or for the Richards in chat.