Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
coletrain_commander

Got the radar mod but...

7 comments in this topic

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Got a super container for the first time in a while and inside was the radar mod. It looks pretty powerful but I have nothing to use it on :(

Wish there were an in-game system for trading - I'd like a smoke screen mod

Edited by coletrain_commander

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

Jealous you got it. I have like 2 smoke mods and 0 radar. Just curious, what ship would you even use it on? It’s pretty pointless unless you have the Perth.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
34 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Jealous you got it. I have like 2 smoke mods and 0 radar. Just curious, what ship would you even use it on? It’s pretty pointless unless you have the Perth.

I'm playing the Pan-Asian DDs now so would equip my Gadjah Mada with it. It would give me USN duration smoke with the short cooldown that the Pan-Asian line has - killer

Edited by coletrain_commander

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
59 minutes ago, coletrain_commander said:

I'm playing the Pan-Asian DDs now so would equip my Gadjah Mada with it. It would give me USN duration smoke with the short cooldown that the Pan-Asian line has - killer

It increases the time of the smoke generator and lowers the time of smoke itself. Your smoke will last even shorter with it.

With the old mechanics I used it on my SN DDs so that I could create a big smoke wall to push through for my team. Nowadays it is only good for the Perth, and Huanghe if I am correct, since those ships have a very long smoke generating time and a very short time for smoke itself.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
12 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It increases the time of the smoke generator and lowers the time of smoke itself. Your smoke will last even shorter with it.

With the old mechanics I used it on my SN DDs so that I could create a big smoke wall to push through for my team. Nowadays it is only good for the Perth, and Huanghe if I am correct, since those ships have a very long smoke generating time and a very short time for smoke itself.

Oh, I think I misread how it works. Too bad, seems less useful than I thought. Maybe I'll find a use for this radar mod I actually got someday.

[RLGN]
Members
8,305 posts
17,365 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

29 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Perth and Huanghe.

Was good on Gallant during the Dynamo Operation, because it made a huge cloud of smoke for the Civies to hide in.

Makes extra big smoke puffs for any ship with smoke; Belfast and Michael Kutuzov can benefit, because it gives them a bigger smoke cloud to work with; but like Lemonade said; it doesn't last as long as their regular smoke.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,493 posts
2,439 battles
37 minutes ago, coletrain_commander said:

Oh, I think I misread how it works. Too bad, seems less useful than I thought. Maybe I'll find a use for this radar mod I actually got someday.

Someone recently ran the numbers.  Other than Perth and Huanghe, where it is very good, it buys you ~2 seconds in terms of total cloud duration.  Hardly worth it.

Sign in to follow this