Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
coletrain_commander

Got the radar mod but...

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Got a super container for the first time in a while and inside was the radar mod. It looks pretty powerful but I have nothing to use it on :(

Wish there were an in-game system for trading - I'd like a smoke screen mod

Edited by coletrain_commander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

Jealous you got it. I have like 2 smoke mods and 0 radar. Just curious, what ship would you even use it on? It’s pretty pointless unless you have the Perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
34 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Jealous you got it. I have like 2 smoke mods and 0 radar. Just curious, what ship would you even use it on? It’s pretty pointless unless you have the Perth.

I'm playing the Pan-Asian DDs now so would equip my Gadjah Mada with it. It would give me USN duration smoke with the short cooldown that the Pan-Asian line has - killer

Edited by coletrain_commander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
59 minutes ago, coletrain_commander said:

I'm playing the Pan-Asian DDs now so would equip my Gadjah Mada with it. It would give me USN duration smoke with the short cooldown that the Pan-Asian line has - killer

It increases the time of the smoke generator and lowers the time of smoke itself. Your smoke will last even shorter with it.

With the old mechanics I used it on my SN DDs so that I could create a big smoke wall to push through for my team. Nowadays it is only good for the Perth, and Huanghe if I am correct, since those ships have a very long smoke generating time and a very short time for smoke itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
161 posts
1,304 battles
12 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It increases the time of the smoke generator and lowers the time of smoke itself. Your smoke will last even shorter with it.

With the old mechanics I used it on my SN DDs so that I could create a big smoke wall to push through for my team. Nowadays it is only good for the Perth, and Huanghe if I am correct, since those ships have a very long smoke generating time and a very short time for smoke itself.

Oh, I think I misread how it works. Too bad, seems less useful than I thought. Maybe I'll find a use for this radar mod I actually got someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,387
[RLGN]
Members
8,305 posts
17,365 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Jealous you got it. I have like 2 smoke mods and 0 radar. Just curious, what ship would you even use it on? It’s pretty pointless unless you have the Perth.

 

29 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It increases the time of the smoke generator and lowers the time of smoke itself. Your smoke will last even shorter with it.

With the old mechanics I used it on my SN DDs so that I could create a big smoke wall to push through for my team. Nowadays it is only good for the Perth, and Huanghe if I am correct, since those ships have a very long smoke generating time and a very short time for smoke itself.

Perth and Huanghe.

Was good on Gallant during the Dynamo Operation, because it made a huge cloud of smoke for the Civies to hide in.

Makes extra big smoke puffs for any ship with smoke; Belfast and Michael Kutuzov can benefit, because it gives them a bigger smoke cloud to work with; but like Lemonade said; it doesn't last as long as their regular smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,249
[WOLF3]
Members
6,493 posts
2,439 battles
37 minutes ago, coletrain_commander said:

Oh, I think I misread how it works. Too bad, seems less useful than I thought. Maybe I'll find a use for this radar mod I actually got someday.

Someone recently ran the numbers.  Other than Perth and Huanghe, where it is very good, it buys you ~2 seconds in terms of total cloud duration.  Hardly worth it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×